• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else struggled deciding between EcoBoost and GT for daily driver?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
The 10 speed auto in the Camaro is the same gearbox! Jointly developed by Ford and GM.
correct. and yet the firmware and programming on the GM is lightyears ahead of Fords very poor showing. The F150 team does a 'B' job. The Mustang team needs to be fired.
Sponsored

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
correct. and yet the firmware and programming on the GM is lightyears ahead of Fords very poor showing. The F150 team does a 'B' job. The Mustang team needs to be fired.
I stand by my opinion of the S650 A10, programming included, being great. I’ve never experienced the Camaro, so I can’t give a first hand comparison, but most of the reviews point out the superior chassis tuning and steering feel. I’ve not seen many knocks on the S650 A10. I did hear some complaints in reviews for the S550 A10 programming, but the S650 is much better.

I get having an opinion that the Camaro A10 is better than the S650 A10, if someone has first hand experience with both, meaning more than a 10 minute test drive, but there is no reasonable basis for calling the Mustang A10 trash. You may like one better than the other, but that doesn’t automatically make one bad.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2022 HD Road King Special
I have absolutely no issue with the EB Mustangs and My Wife had one a few years back. I thought it was a great car and had plenty of power for what it was. However; for me, its not all about the power but also feel......sound, vibrations, etc. That is why I personally have a GT with a manual transmission. For the same reason, I don't have a Dark Horse. I race very seldomly nowadays and actually drive pretty reserved most of the time. I could care less about clout. I do like modifying and sharing my experiences. One thing to note, the EB community does have COBB as a tuning platform and in my experience with Ford (Focus ST/ Fiesta ST) and Subarus, I enjoyed the COBB Access point and Access Tuner Race back in the day when tuning or working with a tuner.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
To DD a GT you barely use 10% of it's capability. whereas you can use 40% of the EB and not land your butt in jail. Do you drive with the motor lounging along at 1500 RPM? Or do you keep it on the boil above 3000?
Lol, I see you have DC-Metro listed...you need to DD outside of the city where driving to work and back home is enjoyable. I use much more than 10% of my GT's capability DDing daily.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I have absolutely no issue with the EB Mustangs and My Wife had one a few years back. I thought it was a great car and had plenty of power for what it was. However; for me, its not all about the power but also feel......sound, vibrations, etc. That is why I personally have a GT with a manual transmission. For the same reason, I don't have a Dark Horse. I race very seldomly nowadays and actually drive pretty reserved most of the time. I could care less about clout. I do like modifying and sharing my experiences. One thing to note, the EB community does have COBB as a tuning platform and in my experience with Ford (Focus ST/ Fiesta ST) and Subarus, I enjoyed the COBB Access point and Access Tuner Race back in the day when tuning or working with a tuner.
+1 for me. When I decided to by my first “fun” car after my kids were grown, I bought a WRX. It was absolutely fun and drove great, but it was missing the power, feel and sound I wanted. After a year I traded it for a Mustang GT. Personally, if I was looking at the Ecoboost, I’d probably end up in the WRX again. The Mustang just doesn’t handle like the AWD WRX, and if I wasn’t getting the V8, then I’d probably go with something awd.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
I have the A10 auto in both my 2021 F150 and my 2024 Ecoboost. In 47k miles, I have used the F150 for all kinds of stuff, including towing a travel trailer. The transmission is fine.

I have 3300 miles so far on my Mustang. I am very happy with the transmission. I don't know about track use, but for road use it performs very well.

JPGC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
No one buys a GT and then wishes they had bought an Ecoboost instead but Im willing to bet there are people who bought an Ecoboost that wish they would have gone for the GT after....
Yeah, this is true but likely due to either the inability to afford the price or not want to pay the price for the GT and/or not test driving and researching enough prior to purchase. Impatience as well.....

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
No one buys a GT and then wishes they had bought an Ecoboost instead but Im willing to bet there are people who bought an Ecoboost that wish they would have gone for the GT after....
I did!!! I had a GT and replaced it with an Ecoboost. It is a much better balanced car all around for road use, not to mention more economical in most respects. If you are tracking, then that's different, but not all of us do that. I agree that the sound of the GT is better, but I can live without it.

To each their own, but never say never...

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
If I was looking, I would definitely be debating heavily after my test drive of the GT a few weeks ago.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
If I was looking, I would definitely be debating heavily after my test drive of the GT a few weeks ago.
So it looks like you've been DD a 2017 EB correct? How are you liking your EB as a DD? Can you comment a little more on your GT test drive? I did get a chance to test drive a GT yesterday and it was pretty nice. It was a short drive as the weather and roads were not the greatest here. When I price it out against the EB I had decided on it's an 11K jump to the GT when you I include sales tax on the difference. I'm just not really sure it's worth that price of admission for my usage. I will say the sound was intoxicating and this was just a base GT.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
So it looks like you've been DD a 2017 EB correct? How are you liking your EB as a DD? Can you comment a little more on your GT test drive? I did get a chance to test drive a GT yesterday and it was pretty nice. It was a short drive as the weather and roads were not the greatest here. When I price it out against the EB I had decided on it's an 11K jump to the GT when you I include sales tax on the difference. I'm just not really sure it's worth that price of admission for my usage. I will say the sound was intoxicating and this was just a base GT.
I do! I have driven my 2017 Ecoboost auto for 6.25 years and I got it for a great price at the end of the 2017 model year. Here in Colorado, I love it. I have not had any issues with the car other than outside factors with rats chewing the wiring harness in 2018 because of lame apartment neighbors who hoarded trash. In winter, I do drive with Michelin X-Ice tires and 75 lbs of weight in the trunk. I can go anywhere I need to year round. I just checked today and I am at 46,460 miles in 6.25 years. It is fun and I get good gas mileage. I added the Pypes Street Pro Touring Axle-Backs to help make it more fun though. I like the reasonable insurance rates and based on how I felt after trying the GT convertible for the first time last month, I would go with an Ecoboost S650. I agree the V8 sound is very nice and fun! Maybe it'll be in my future. But, who knows? I love the S550 Ecoboost. I did post here about my test drive. I can tag you in the thread. :)

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
If you want a fast car, the good old Tesla ludicrous beats all the mustangs, right?
And how does a Tesla sound when it's revving up?

So maybe the mustang V8 guys need to rethink it a bit?

I could saw the mufflers off my new 24 EB convertible to make it sound more terrifying, but I probably won't.
So anyway...

GT 4 LC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Both cars fit that description. The difference is attitude...
Okay here is my 2 cents worth. I'm 65 and I enjoy the "Old School" Muscle cars. It has to be a V8 and a stick shift. The stick shift alone eliminates 75% of those trying to steal your car. I have had 2OO3, 2019, 2021 and now 2024 GT. The only modification that I have ever done was a resonator delete with the standard exhaust. I love the sound and at highway speeds it isn't loud at all until you kick it. I have deleted the resonator with the Roush H pipe because I love the deep sound. The 2024 I'm sure that I will get a ticket because it rides that much different from my S550's. The only time I really get to let it loose is on a long entrance ramp and my GOD I love it. I don't track it and it is a daily driver in good weather conditions. That is just me so you have to decide what you want. My other GT's will get 24MPG on the highway at 80 MPH with cruise. To me it's like owning my F150 and Expedition, if you are looking at MPH then you should buy some thing else. My Mustangs are for fun and only you can put a price on this. If you want an 8 seater or massive MPG's then you should look for an SUV. Just my honest opinion. You decide and have fun. GOD Bless in your decision

radar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Reckon EB is best looking of new models.
Take one in a heartbeat - until start up and first squeeze, then I’d want my GT
Sponsored