• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else struggled deciding between EcoBoost and GT for daily driver?

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I owned a 2015 GT 6Spd Auto and averaged 18-19MPG with a lot of stop and goes on my 16-mile route to work, highway i saw 22-23MPG. My 2024 GT 10spd gets a little less on the Stop and go side, like 17-18.5MPG and 23-24MPG highway. I put this to the fact every day on my way to and from work i have a 2.5mile stretch of road that is as flat and straight as you could want, and it a Coyote, i wanna hear it howling lol.
I truly do believe you should go with a GT do to the fact, the thought will never go away of "what if". You are already spending $40k+ on a mustang, let alone possibly the last full ICE mustang, why not go with the highly renown Coyote V8. The gas and maintenence may be more for a GT, but again, if you can swing $40k, you can swing the additional cost for the fun and memories!
Sponsored

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
If the EB came with a stick(even the MT82), I would have traded my FocusST for it as my daily. But thatā€™s just me! I would rather drive a stick even as my daily. If you are wanting to have a driving experience - everytime you get into a car - get a GT with a stick!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
correct. and yet the firmware and programming on the GM is lightyears ahead of Fords very poor showing. The F150 team does a 'B' job. The Mustang team needs to be fired.
In your opinion. My A10 drives really well thank you.

Have you driven an S650 A10 any distance yet?

Killshot58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Premium GT, Vapor Blue, Nite Pony Pkg
In your opinion. My A10 drives really well thank you.

Have you driven an S650 A10 any distance yet?
+1...my A10 performs very well, also. It seems like many on this forum love to bash the A10 and sing praises for the M6.

I shifted gears in my 2008 GT for about 12 years. Loved it and still do since I still own it. However, it's also pretty nice in my 2024 not shifting gears. I really didn't want to be shifting gears in my 70s. Don't knock the A10 until you try it for a bit.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Reminder: I have a EB Premium with the A10.

My experience is that the A10 is a very fine transmission, the real problem I find is the "normal" driving mode programing. It feels like there is a huge dead spot in the pedal, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same in the GT. If put into sport, it operates near perfectly, in my opinion, and I've driven manuals nearly all my life and have experience driving some very high end automatics.

I love my EB. The only thing I'd change is getting the NPP, not regretting not getting the v8 at all.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Reminder: I have a EB Premium with the A10.

My experience is that the A10 is a very fine transmission, the real problem I find is the "normal" driving mode programing. It feels like there is a huge dead spot in the pedal, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same in the GT. If put into sport, it operates near perfectly, in my opinion, and I've driven manuals nearly all my life and have experience driving some very high end automatics.

I love my EB. The only thing I'd change is getting the NPP, not regretting not getting the v8 at all.
Just to clarify what is the NPP? I know the HPP is the High Performance Package. Just curious:)

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Night Pony Package
Ahhh duh, stupid me:) Not sure how I didn't put that together. I actually test drove a GT a few days ago that was a base model with the NPP (thanks!) on it. It was carbonized gray like your EB Premium but I will say it looked great with that package. I'm not a huge fan of it having the 19" wheels though as part of the pkg so I think that would give me pause but the look was awesome.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
ListedGuru, even though Iā€™m clearly in the V8 camp Iā€™m not using this as a passively aggressive way to throw shade on the EB. Iā€™m just being straight up. But in my experience if youā€™re even having to deliberate between the two youā€™d be perfectly happy to save money and go with the EB. If mpgs are even a question, get the EB. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a great car.

I just kinda believe if youā€™re a real prospect for the GT youā€™ll have V8 blinders on and no other consideration matters. I was a buyer for a fast, loud and powerful V8, first and foremost. Not necessarily a Mustang, but now I have 3 of them. Honestly though, the car is just kinda a carrier for the engine I love.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
Which is exactly the opposite of what the actual S650 owners are saying.

I will leave it to others to decide the validity of your comments!
Gregs, I think youā€™re responding to somebody who doesnā€™t own a Mustang and likely never has. Iā€™m not sure what his endgame is but I quickly determined that responding to him is a waste of keystrokes.

NH_woodser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Premium Convertible
I plan to use my EcoBoost convertible as a fair-weather daily driver. I have driven Miatas for 30 years, and as fun and lively they are, I am too old to get in and out of them. The 4th gen cockpit is even smaller than the 3rd gen. I have rented many mustang convertibles while on vacation. I just want another comfortable convertible, without the drama of an Audi, BMW, Merc, or VW. They are all nice cars when they are new, but purchasing them is just a down payment on the repairs. The Ecoboost convertible I test drove has all the performance, handling, and braking I need. A good friend has a Camero SS convertible that he regrets: The suspension is so harsh that the ride is absolutely punishing on the slightest road imperfections.

OP
OP

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
ListedGuru, even though Iā€™m clearly in the V8 camp Iā€™m not using this as a passively aggressive way to throw shade on the EB. Iā€™m just being straight up. But in my experience if youā€™re even having to deliberate between the two youā€™d be perfectly happy to save money and go with the EB. If mpgs are even a question, get the EB. Iā€™m sure itā€™s a great car.

I just kinda believe if youā€™re a real prospect for the GT youā€™ll have V8 blinders on and no other consideration matters. I was a buyer for a fast, loud and powerful V8, first and foremost. Not necessarily a Mustang, but now I have 3 of them. Honestly though, the car is just kinda a carrier for the engine I love.
Those are very good points you bring up. Honestly I'm sure I will be happy with either one. I'm just a a very detail minded person who I guess sometimes can get bogged down in analysis paralysis, lol. I have driven the EB on two separate occasions and took a quick drive in a GT albeit in less than ideal road conditions. The one thing I haven't done is drive the EB and GT back to back so that might be a good option for me to compare. Hopefully on a better weather day.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
I had a 2017 Ecoboost with the CAI, Ford Calibration Tune and Axleback Exhaust from Roush and it was ā€œfunā€. A Coworker told me that thereā€™s NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!! In 2020, I got the S550 with High Premium Pkg and Perf Pack 1. Then CAI and Ford Calibration Performance Tune. Later went for Ford Performance Catback Exhaust and never looked back. Wasnā€™t worried about MPGā€™s (even though I saw the difference) because I knew what I was getting myself in to. Now with a 2024 S650 with the 401a Pkg, Performance Package and Night Pony addition I have NO REGRETS!! Get what fills your desire and budget, but be sure to get what you want. Donā€™t second guess yourself at all.

Signed,

ā€œHappily Growling Alongā€!!!! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†
Sponsored