• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone else have OTA updates lagging behind?

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
That has no effect on getting an update sent to you. I did a write up of how the OTA process works on the F150 sister forum to this one. It's a long read, but this will give you more insight on how this works.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...p-by-step-breakdown-of-the-ota-process.20875/

When the server queues up an update for a vehicle, you have two weeks to start the car (not remote start; an actual start) as this is vital for the OTA trigger to be activated and move along to the file verification and download process. The fact that you don't start it in weeks CAN prevent the OTA trigger from kicking off and cause it to expire, but it will not prevent the update from actually being sent. It is a good idea to start the car at least once a week and let it run for a few minutes to prevent an update from missing its download/install window.
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate that. I'll get it out this evening when I get home from work.
Sponsored

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4; 1990 Mustang 5.0 coupe
Thank you! Iā€™ll remind them to update that!
FDRS is not showing any module updates that coincide with the 6.x.x updates others are getting. Your dealer won't be able to apply those updates for you. Unless if they run a network scan with FDRS (instead of me just typing the VIN into it) and that causes another update to release that isn't on this list, you will not be able to get these updates.

S650 Mustang Anyone else have OTA updates lagging behind? 1713918173181-ib

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
FDRS is not showing any module updates that coincide with the 6.x.x updates others are getting. Your dealer won't be able to apply those updates for you. Unless if they run a network scan with FDRS (instead of me just typing the VIN into it) and that causes another update to release that isn't on this list, you will not be able to get these updates.

1713918173181-ib.png
Interesting outcome, Thanks for checking!

Iā€™ll ask them if they are aware how to apply latests updates to my car, if i feel they are clueless, then i might just ignore it unless I face issues with the car.

They must have been trained or informed by ford for such casesā€¦ canā€™t believe they are totally unaware.

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I havenā€™t received a single update šŸ˜… canā€™t even download the 6.1.0 update and no new gauge update either. Driven the car and everything but nada. Already a week and still showing that 6.1.0 is updating sadly and Iā€™m connected to my wifi.

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
I havenā€™t received a single update šŸ˜… canā€™t even download the 6.1.0 update and no new gauge update either. Driven the car and everything but nada. Already a week and still showing that 6.1.0 is updating sadly and Iā€™m connected to my wifi.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
That has no effect on getting an update sent to you. I did a write up of how the OTA process works on the F150 sister forum to this one. It's a long read, but this will give you more insight on how this works.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...p-by-step-breakdown-of-the-ota-process.20875/

When the server queues up an update for a vehicle, you have two weeks to start the car (not remote start; an actual start) as this is vital for the OTA trigger to be activated and move along to the file verification and download process. The fact that you don't start it in weeks CAN prevent the OTA trigger from kicking off and cause it to expire, but it will not prevent the update from actually being sent. It is a good idea to start the car at least once a week and let it run for a few minutes to prevent an update from missing its download/install window.
Thanks for the advice! I started the car when I got home yesterday and let it run for 5 minutes or so. 6.3.2 was there and there was an additional update downloading. edit: 6.4 was successfully updated as of last night sometime.

Last edited:

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To anyone that got 6.4.0, please post or PM me the VIN so I can pull the update details and add it to the OTA history thread.

R3tro GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I got the new gauges but neither Ford Pass nor my car show that I got any update.

rugedraw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a GWM update; no new features added. OTA history thread has been updated.

I got the new gauges but neither Ford Pass nor my car show that I got any update.
Fordpass is known to be delayed showing these things and sometimes, no notification at all.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Irrelevant.
That pisses me off, why does the car connect to my mobile wifi hotspot, if it wonā€™t use it for a software update!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
That pisses me off, why does the car connect to my mobile wifi hotspot, if it wonā€™t use it for a software update!
They send them via the TCU (telematics control unit), which uses the modem in your vehicle. Not everyone sets up their vehicle to connect to WiFi when home (or wherever).

There's only been one OTA update that I am aware of that was delivered via WiFi, as that was one to fix the process that controlled the OTA updates coming via the TCU ... :)

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium

Yes, took the car out yesterday for window tint & it did the update 6.3.2 while I was out! :):clap:
Sponsored