• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

John G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
No, I would not buy a 4 door Mustang. Ford makes other vehicles that are 4 doors, including the Ford Escape, which is my wife's vehicle. I do not see myself owing a 4 door Ford Mustang anytime soon.
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
There are tons of people who have to upgrade to bigger cars because of kids. I would definitely consider a 4-door Mustang as my daily driver if Ford builds one.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Farley is turning into Musk with his constant vague and self contradicting chatter. They called the Mach E a Mustang because they completely overestimated the adoption rate of EVs in North America. Ford would have called the Maverick pickup a Mustang if they thought it would help sales.
Mach E isn’t Farley’s fault. That was done by the previous CEO, HACKett.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
OK this part if funny

Ummmm :facepalm:

ford-mustang-mach-e.jpg
full auto car quote:

”“We will never build a Mustang that isn’t a Mustang,” he insisted. “For instance, there will never be room for a small, two-row Ford SUVwith a Mustang badge stuck on it. But could we do other Mustang body forms – a four-door or whatever? I believe we could, as long as these models have all the performance and attitude of the original.”

shows you how much of a Mustang Farley thinks the Mach E is. Hopefully they rebrand that mistake ASAP.

BUT WHAT’s SAD IS the bold part of the quote. Farley seems to forget very recent history. That’s exactly how Ford marketed the widely panned Mach E, even going so far as to show it leading the real Mustangs in spirited driving.

just invest in the Mustang to make it more than worthwhile. Then go make other great stuff. That’s what SVT and Ford Performance were about. Don’t dilute the Mustang into some nebulous goop rebrand of SVT/FP. Come on guys. Go outside from the stuffy boardroom and breathe in some real world common sense fresh air. It will serve you and your business very well now and well into the future.

Last edited:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Ford, and Lincoln, NEED a sedan. Not everyone wants an SUV or truck, and Lincoln has nothing for its traditional buyer now. My wife loves her Lincolns but said if she replaced her current one that she has to go somewhere else like Cadillac or Audi because Lincoln has nothing for her.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Mustang stage coach package. Lol a wagon would be cool though. Though old school wagon not these crossover things.
Caddy did a v wagon but would prefer more selections (models) than options (coupe, sedan, wagon - err 4 door small sport utility vehicle)

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Hello folks,

the rumours spreading again that Ford has another suprise for us, namely the Mustang as 4 door. Here are more hints from CEO Jim Farley:

• Ford CEO Jim Farley is open to adding new body styles to the Mustang lineup, including a four-door, as long as it captures the spirit of the original.
  • Before introducing new body styles, Ford plans to expand the Mustang lineup with performance-focused derivatives of the existing coupe.
  • Besides the V8 that will remain in production, Ford is considering a hybrid Mustang but says no to EVs. (with the exception of the MACH-E)
The last bullet point is interesting, because it tells us already that the "big suprise" underneath that green blanket a couple of weeks ago, definitely WON'T be an electric Mustang (Thank God), if the hints are true.

In an interview with Autocar, Jim Farley expressed his openness to the concept of a four-door Mustang, provided it upholds the performance and attitude of the original. Specifically, the Ford CEO stated:

“We will never build a Mustang that isn’t a Mustang. For instance, there will never be room for a small, two-row Ford SUV with a Mustang badge stuck on it. But could we explore other Mustang body forms – such as a four-door or similar? I believe we could, as long as these models possess all the performance and attitude of the original.”

What do you guys think from a 4 door Mustang? Would you consider buying one?

mustang_4door.jpg
LOL did the CEO realize the 'mustang' got 4 doors back in 2020 along with ride height and an electric battery? I think the admin staff are not doing their job since they should have reminded him it already exists but in suv form. 🤣

In other news, I would absolutely give a 4 door sedan mustang a try. Would be pretty sweet actually. All that back seat fun would be worthwhile in something like this.

Martin1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT W/PP
I've said this many times, I think Ford eventually makes Mustang it's own brand, like Dodge did with Ram. This only goes to validate those thoughts.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
I've said this many times, I think Ford eventually makes Mustang it's own brand, like Dodge did with Ram. This only goes to validate those thoughts.
Would be a bad idea. Dodge branching Ram off was a bad idea in itself. Lol

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
would not buy 4 door. no plans to buy the electric version either. i agree to call it something else but not a mustang. how many "SUV" type vehicles will you make?? and really what are the differences between the models? maybe length but the concept is all the same.....so no to the 4 door. mustang was built as a "sports" car, not family sedan. the car industry as a whole is going in a wrong direction i feel. but i understand since everything is "computer" now.....
bronco forums had a poll about going back to old school. engine, buttons, and not much "electronic" stuff on it. i think they were getting good numbers. old school with modern flare.
but they seemed to miss that too. if i wanted a rocket-ship cockpit to sit behind then i would fly a jet. not a car.
electric is still 10yrs behind, so no go for me.

MaddNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRC
You must not be paying much attention, but Ram is doing extremely well!
I do pay attention, it wasn’t a good idea for Dodge considering they thinned out their lineup and trucks being a big seller in the U.S., they should’ve kept it under the Dodge umbrella. Mustang is already a niche product.

A similar situation would be if F150 became its own brand, it would probably be successful because trucks sell, but Ford would take a hit.
Sponsored

Last edited: