• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
no reason not to. Ford has proven theres a mustang market overseas, why not offer the king of the stables as well?
It sounds downright impossible to get this car through emission regulations, add GPF, etc. But with Chevy still bringing the Z06 to export markets, I really hope Ford would finally see that the high performance models have a market overseas. Right now we even have to hope if we finally get the 3.73 axle for export manuals, on Gen 6 we only get 3.55 which just killed all performance the engine delivered
Bigger mirrors, so you can see all the Camaros you've just overtaken :crackup:
Sadly we won't see a Camaro competitor for a while now. Putting it against a C8 Z06 sounds pretty unfair. So I guess we can look forward to seeing the new GT500 running against the Charger Banshee in 2025
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
It is somehow surprising to me, because this means that the next gen variant will arrive earlier for the 7th generation than the sixth as we all know that the S550 didn't had a GT500 until 2020. (after debuting in 2015)

Also interesting aspect: The facelift of the 7th gen is likely to come either with MY 2026 or 2027, so big plans ahead.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Daddy likes

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
I would say it is....HIGHLY...unlikely this is actually a GT500 in any way. Wheels, brakes and other components get mixed and used on mules all the time. The front grill is way too small for the type of air intake/cooling needed. There are quite a few people who claim that there are no contracts in-place with Shelby for more cars. Ford may make other performance variants (maybe this is a Dark Horse convertible), but there are no Shelby models in the immediate future.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I would say it is....HIGHLY...unlikely this is actually a GT500 in any way. Wheels, brakes and other components get mixed and used on mules all the time. The front grill is way too small for the type of air intake/cooling needed. There are quite a few people who claim that there are no contracts in-place with Shelby for more cars. Ford may make other performance variants (maybe this is a Dark Horse convertible), but there are no Shelby models in the immediate future.
#mule

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
We have absolutely nothing concrete on anything concerning the GT350 or GT500. We only assume the engine will be based on the factory version of the GT3’s 5.4 V8 and most likely forced induction.

We only assume an Ecoboost Twin Turbo could replace the traditional roots type supercharger used since 2008 based solely on the fact the 5.0 has a dual throttle body intake. A true EcoBoost requires Direct Injection (2018) and a true Twin Turbo requires a Dual Throttle body Intake (2024).

Any GT500 would likely be heavily based on a GT350/Cobra/GT3. It would be very difficult to debut a 350 and immediately a 500 so we expect a 12-18 month gap between the factory GT3 Mustang. We think January 2024 is a good time to show the GT3 car at Daytona.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
A GT500 convertible with EU mirrors and taillights launching in 25 as a MY26...

How convenient that Ford Europe has set themselves a deadline that they won't sell any non EV/hybrid cars after 2025. Assuming that it always takes six months or more before the old continent gets the latest Mustang I would assume that the first GT500 would arrive here in Europe at the start of 2026.

How can this not be a hybrid V8? At this point that car can be a mule for literally everything but looking at what Ford has stated it would make a lot of sense to offer a GT500 hybrid with 800+hp, lower Co2 emissions and AWD for much better traction. One could sell such a car in Europe as well. I think the current GT500 had a lot of issues regarding emissions (not just CO2 but also to noisy and such) so they did mind the effort and didn't offer it here.

Anyhow, exciting pictures :D

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It just occurred to me, with this years Goodwood Festival being dedicated to Shelby (He would have been 100 if still alive) I wonder if Ford will show something. Maybe a camouflaged prototype running up the hill. Ford has debuted performance concepts and production cars at Goodwood for the last several years now. I'd be surprised if they didn't use the event to showcase something new, even better if it tied into Ford and Shelby's history together.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It just occurred to me, with this years Goodwood Festival being dedicated to Shelby (He would have been 100 if still alive) I wonder if Ford will show something. Maybe a camouflaged prototype running up the hill. Ford has debuted performance concepts and production cars at Goodwood for the last several years now. I'd be surprised if they didn't use the event to showcase something new, even better if it tied into Ford and Shelby's history together.
It's actually the Goodwood Revival in September that will be celebrating Carroll Shelby. This event is all about history, so I doubt we'll see anything there. I'll be at the event though, so will report back if that changes!