• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I-70 where? Utah or Colorado?
We’ve seen the Camo Cars on top of Mt. Evans.
It’s over 14,000 ft.
The last group of Five Cars were Audi. They’re all wearing black-and-white camouflage.
Ford Trucks also use Highway 9 between Breckenridge Colorado & Alma to FairPlay.
Many years ago we followed a group of all Silver F-150’s with Michigan license plated with no Emblems, such as F-150, Ford, etc over Hoosier pass.
You could tell they were all F-150’s.
Sounds like a Cool job if you can get it?

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Because "road race" vehicles are restricted in how much power they can output, usually between 500-600hp depending on BOP for that race. With Fords gt3 having a 5.4L v8 no forced induction is needed to make that level of power.

The real reason series like F1 use turbos is simply because those cars spend their lives north of 7,000 rpm so the turbo is almoat always at full boost. That's where the tradeoff between SC and TC are, where they make their boost.

If you want a good example of where a supercharger is preferable in racing look no further than the NHRA and how the drag scene is dominated by superchargers.
I hear you but the Mustang GTD is not a drag racer but GT3 spec road racer I thought…But who cares as a Mustang for $300K even if it shares Nothing with a regular Mustang build in some canadian specialty shop is just ridiculous but a lighter Mustang 5.4 L Mustang GT3 for DH money would have been something to get exited about 👍

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I hear you but the Mustang GTD is not a drag racer but GT3 spec road racer I thought…But who cares as a Mustang for $300K even if it shares Nothing with a regular Mustang build in some canadian specialty shop is just ridiculous but a lighter Mustang 5.4 L Mustang GT3 for DH money would have been something to get exited about 👍
carbon fiber is fucking expensive, they ***could*** give us something like the GT3 for DH money, but that will just be a modified GT with fancy body bits, no 5.2 supercharged V8, no transaxle transmission, no 50/50 weight balance, no carbon fiber chassis, etc.

i get that people want a cheaper mustang, but the GTD isnt meant to replace the old Shelbys, its meant to replace the old Ford GT

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Limited edition toys are seldom inexpensive! It would be big time fun to play with and enjoy but out of my price range. I hope those that buy them actually use them instead of just being garage icons!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Did they change something or was the east coast version that was spotted without camo not officially a gtd?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
Some Canadian specialty shop :cwl:

You should really stop. This is the point in a conversation where everyone looks at eachother in acknowledgement that you don't know what your'e talking about.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
i get that people want a cheaper mustang, but the GTD isnt meant to replace the old Shelbys, its meant to replace the old Ford GT
But why?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because they want to play with the big boys at the ring and in the highest echelons of racing. The Ford GT cost far more than a GT3RS. This is an attempt to compete at a price point closer to the that car.

I have heard that Ford will reveal a new model at the 60th anniversary in April that will be a step above the DH filling the void left by the GT500.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some Canadian specialty shop :cwl:

You should really stop. This is the point in a conversation where everyone looks at eachother in acknowledgement that you don't know what your'e talking about.
Multimatic who builds the GTD is a canadian company…

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multimatic who builds the GTD is a canadian company…
Yes, very good. Perhaps you should read up on what they do and what they've accomplished through the years.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carbon fiber is fucking expensive, they ***could*** give us something like the GT3 for DH money, but that will just be a modified GT with fancy body bits, no 5.2 supercharged V8, no transaxle transmission, no 50/50 weight balance, no carbon fiber chassis, etc.

I hear you but a race car looking like a Mustang twice as expensive than a GT 40 for Ferrari money ? I dont know what they are smoking at Ford nowadays…I am sure Jay Leno and speedvenom will be ecstatic…🤣 The rest of us dreaming of a lighter Mustang with a 5.8 V8 for some Torque and maybe some real gauges not showing fingerprints…LOL

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach !
Because they want to play with the big boys at the ring and in the highest echelons of racing. The Ford GT cost far more than a GT3RS. This is an attempt to compete at a price point closer to the that car.

I have heard that Ford will reveal a new model at the 60th anniversary in April that will be a step above the DH filling the void left by the GT500.
No doubt they will given Ford Performance / Whipple recently dropped a S/C for GT & DH boosting to 810 HP. My guess is that’s what going on the new variant…

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8800
Sponsored