• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
No doubt they will given Ford Performance / Whipple recently dropped a S/C for GT & DH boosting to 810 HP. My guess is that’s what going on the new variant…

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6066-M8800
I really hope that's not all it is given this install. The car is overpowered and can't hook up. They need to release a car that harnesses that power with suspension and tires that can handle it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I hear you but a race car looking like a Mustang twice as expensive than a GT 40 for Ferrari money ? I dont know what they are smoking at Ford nowadays…I am sure Jay Leno and speedvenom will be ecstatic…🤣 The rest of us dreaming of a lighter Mustang with a 5.8 V8 for some Torque and maybe some real gauges not showing fingerprints…LOL
What is wrong with you? Obviously this is not a car for you or me but that means they shouldn't build it? This is a flagship vehicle and every manufacturer with has one or wants to build one.

And by the way, where can you get a real GT40 for $150,000 today?
And by the way #2, Ford sold every 2nd gen GT they made for $500,000+ . So not just for Jay or SV.

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach !
I really hope that's not all it is given this install. The car is overpowered and can't hook up. They need to release a car that harnesses that power with suspension and tires that can handle it.
Agreed!! Even more updated suspension & traction. I’d assume duel clutch as well.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
What is wrong with you? Obviously this is not a car for you or me but that means they shouldn't build it? This is a flagship vehicle and every manufacturer with has one or wants to build one.

And by the way, where can you get a real GT40 for $150,000 today?
And by the way #2, Ford sold every 2nd gen GT they made for $500,000+ . So not just for Jay or SV.
Unfortunately the GTE doesn't work as a flagship car ... Where Porsche has the base 911 and every other variant derives from it, the GTE hat literally nothing in common with the regular Mustang unless you count some cosmetics....

It's a great car, I love the looks but I also like how Lamborghinis look like ... But they have as much in common with the GTE as the regular Mustang.... It's great to have that car but it's impact is almost irrelevant for the success or failure of the regular Mustang as it is a different car that just carries the name Mustang.

Anyhow, are there any "serious" rumors regarding a potential GT500 successor around the 60th birthday?
I haven't heard any news in that regard but it would make sense and I think many people are eager to get some news on that front. It could easily get the GTE bodykit and a SC.... Cheap to pull of and such a car would actually benefit from the GTE

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Unfortunately the GTE doesn't work as a flagship car ... Where Porsche has the base 911 and every other variant derives from it, the GTE hat literally nothing in common with the regular Mustang unless you count some cosmetics....

It's a great car, I love the looks but I also like how Lamborghinis look like ... But they have as much in common with the GTE as the regular Mustang.... It's great to have that car but it's impact is almost irrelevant for the success or failure of the regular Mustang as it is a different car that just carries the name Mustang.

Anyhow, are there any "serious" rumors regarding a potential GT500 successor around the 60th birthday?
I haven't heard any news in that regard but it would make sense and I think many people are eager to get some news on that front. It could easily get the GTE bodykit and a SC.... Cheap to pull of and such a car would actually benefit from the GTE
The GTD is the flagship for Ford, not the Mustang. No different than the GT40 was in 2005 and the GT was in 2017.

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Agreed!! Even more updated suspension & traction. I’d assume duel clutch as well.
Agreed ! Who cares about 800 hp when a front engine / rwd car can maybe put down safely 550 hp max on real roads ? My ex Z06 could not even put 500 hp down on turns , less than perfect straight roads or rain…The Mustang needs AWD if the engine stays up front ! Even the transaxle wont solve the traction issue…As for making a carbon body transaxle Halo car for more than $300K look like a Mustang is not a genius move in my book as soon lots of regular 5.0 will be mistaken for a GTD as soon as the body kits hit the market…But what do I know 🤣

LionK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Agreed ! Who cares about 800 hp when a front engine / rwd car can maybe put down safely 550 hp max on real roads ? My ex Z06 could not even put 500 hp down on turns , less than perfect straight roads or rain…The Mustang needs AWD if the engine stays up front ! Even the transaxle wont solve the traction issue…As for making a carbon body transaxle Halo car for more than $300K look like a Mustang is not a genius move in my book as soon lots of regular 5.0 will be mistaken for a GTD as soon as the body kits hit the market…But what do I know 🤣
It seems you are griping at whatever makes sense in your head. It's a mustang gtd and it will look like a mustang. We will see what happens once customers get their deliveries but I find it highly unlikely that this car will lose it's credibility because it can't keep traction. It also has confirmed near 50/50 weight balance.

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
AWD on a GTD is the call of the hour if one is looking at competing with the leagues of Porsche. It’s a different league - that heavy motor sitting in the front with the transaxle at the back and power only to the rear wheels till won’t cut it they want to take on the bigger leagues. It’s just not the driver - it’s the car as well. Watch some Nurburgring vids and see the cars that do amazing lap times and driver inputs in those high speed corners.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Its a combination of all…Placement of the engine close to the rear , downforce and AWD especially if you have another 200 pounds on the front due to the heavy supercharger that needs additional pulleys and cooling/watertank ! Ford would have been better off going to turbos or keeping in N/A with a bigger bore to get more Torque ! But the collectors who buy these cars wont race them anyways and are more impressed by big numbers…

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
Looks amazing. My question to the group is simple.. If I get selected I would have to reach very deep to afford it, but I like to drive my cars, not garage queens. So if selected, is it worth the $300k outlay know I would drive it and keep it and hopefully in another 20+ years one of the kids might want an inheritance. I won't buy it to store it, but to drive it. Is there enough amazing rides in a GTD to last over the years? You see some cars worth so much $ but you really can't drive them anywhere. Looking for the groups opinion, thank you

infinitemberstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse - Blue Ember - MT
Looks amazing. My question to the group is simple.. If I get selected I would have to reach very deep to afford it, but I like to drive my cars, not garage queens. So if selected, is it worth the $300k outlay know I would drive it and keep it and hopefully in another 20+ years one of the kids might want an inheritance. I won't buy it to store it, but to drive it. Is there enough amazing rides in a GTD to last over the years? You see some cars worth so much $ but you really can't drive them anywhere. Looking for the groups opinion, thank you
I reckon that thought is way too ahead. Cars are meant to be driven and had fun with. Restorations will still be a thing for your grandkids and their grandkids. You don’t want it to be a barn find with almost next to low mileage. Live for the moment!
If you keep thinking about the future - the present will remain drab. If you have the $$ - buy it and have fun by driving it/tracking it!

Luckydog7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Hotse
I reckon that thought is way too ahead. Cars are meant to be driven and had fun with. Restorations will still be a thing for your grandkids and their grandkids. You don’t want it to be a barn find with almost next to low mileage. Live for the moment!
If you keep thinking about the future - the present will remain drab. If you have the $$ - buy it and have fun by driving it/tracking it!
thanks for the comments. I do drive my cars and put miles on them, after all they are fun to drive!

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Raptor R, '21 Bronco First Edition, '23 GT3
It's a dilemma for certain. If I didn't get unneeded attention and felt safe in parking, door dings, theft etc I'd drive what I have all the time. It also depends on your locale. If you're in well to do areas where higher dollar car are driven everyday then it becomes no big deal at all.
Sponsored