• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The car draws air from the front grill on both sides. They prevent you from using the warm air in the engine compartment. You could run without them and there might be an advantage on a very cold winter day but running without them could result in lower horse power.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also what is up with all this grill air intake restrictions on the premium version
I have the premium Dark Horse and the grill isn't there. You can put your hand in the opening and reach a little ways back.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
notice that here where i live ..the intake temp on the dash was always 15 to 20 degrees hotter then what it was outside ..i live in the south so it gets pretty hot here ..just wondering why
I am in Phoenix and it really gets hot. but it's the humidity and not the heat you feel. :wink:
I find the intake temperature tends to match the outside temperature pretty close.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
maybe its my grill intake restriction then ..maybe i should dremel it ..then plasti dip the grill
The new gt/cs grill looks to have a different design.

edit: added image.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang IMG_0709

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
notice that here where i live ..the intake temp on the dash was always 15 to 20 degrees hotter then what it was outside ..i live in the south so it gets pretty hot here ..just wondering why
Going by your profile, I would not think heat would be a problem. Its about 80 degrees hotter here in Florida and the plastic is fine. Also, with the air being so thin there you should have no problems with the holes on the grill.

Say hi to Dr. Watney if you see him, tell him his potatoes taste like shit!😉
Sponsored