• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Carbon filter

2snakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Has anyone removed these ? Any codes ?
Sponsored

tmc1995

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Word to the Wise - I removed the filters with no issues...BUT....be SURE you capture and remove ALL of the fabric strip that is intertwined in the filters. It can break off in pieces and fall into the intake pipe and could be sucked into the throttle body which will throw car into Limp Mode...that happened "to a friend"....

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Word to the Wise - I removed the filters with no issues...BUT....be SURE you capture and remove ALL of the fabric strip that is intertwined in the filters. It can break off in pieces and fall into the intake pipe and could be sucked into the throttle body which will throw car into Limp Mode...that happened "to a friend"....
Is it really worth IT, and what are the real gains? Just curious.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Where did you see that from? The power gains Iā€™ve seen from 4 different dynos was max of 5 and low of 3.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Is it really worth IT, and what are the real gains? Just curious.
From what Iā€™ve seen, no. You gain a few hp but thatā€™s it. And not trying to open the can of worms but Iā€™m betting this is considered an emissions part. If you need any warranty work done specifically to the engine you ā€œcouldā€ be giving Ford a reason to question the coverage on their end.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
From what Iā€™ve seen, no. You gain a few hp but thatā€™s it. And not trying to open the can of worms but Iā€™m betting this is considered an emissions part. If you need any warranty work done specifically to the engine you ā€œcouldā€ be giving Ford a reason to question the coverage on their end.
I agree. In Ontario Canada they did away with emission tests. It proved out to be nothing more than a money grab. The environmental people didnā€™t like tho.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I agree. In Ontario Canada they did away with emission tests. It proved out to be nothing more than a money grab. The environmental people didnā€™t like tho.
You are correct. Emissions testing does nothing but cost you time and money.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
no gains and it isnt really worth the removal ..just a waste of time
Blatantly picking an argument here cause I'm bored and I like to be the heel sometimes. Nothing personal.

So, if you found a dead cockcroach in the air filter housing, would you remove it or let it stay since, as you say, no gains and a waste of time?

The carbon filter is an obstruction to the flow of air to the engine. No benefits to it. It is a moral imperative to remove this obnoxious wart from the elegancy of the design. Yes, elegancy, it is a word now. Viva Coyote Libre!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Blatantly picking an argument here cause I'm bored and I like to be the heel sometimes. Nothing personal.

So, if you found a dead cockcroach in the air filter housing, would you remove it or let it stay since, as you say, no gains and a waste of time?

The carbon filter is an obstruction to the flow of air to the engine. No benefits to it. It is a moral imperative to remove this obnoxious wart from the elegancy of the design. Yes, elegancy, it is a word now. Viva Coyote Libre!
But what if theyā€™re lame (laminar airflow manipulation equipment) instead? Obviously donā€™t ā€˜trapā€™ anything. Lol.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Iā€™ve seen cars with them removed run SLOWER than my car with them in.

Maybe they gain power somehow and are in fact not a restriction
Sponsored