• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024+ Mustang S650 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!]

Poppyred65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965, 1967, 1970, 1986 mustangs
Dark Horse update. My dealer just called me and he had just received a call from Ford regarding my DH order. They told my dealer they are putting the DH on allocation (one per dealer) and it can not be ordered with the handling package or appearance package which means no ember blue either. If I want to switch my order because I was first in line at my dealer, they would build it this month. If not, they said 6-12 months for Ember Blue, appearance package and handling package. Not sure why they tried to market and sell a vehicle they can’t make with all the bells and whistles.
Sponsored

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Dark Horse update. My dealer just called me and he had just received a call from Ford regarding my DH order. They told my dealer they are putting the DH on allocation (one per dealer) and it can not be ordered with the handling package or appearance package which means no ember blue either. If I want to switch my order because I was first in line at my dealer, they would build it this month. If not, they said 6-12 months for Ember Blue, appearance package and handling package. Not sure why they tried to market and sell a vehicle they can’t make with all the bells and whistles.
What day did you place your order?

Poppyred65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965, 1967, 1970, 1986 mustangs
BTW. I told them no thank you. The future value of having the handling package will be better long term. Kind of like buying a 1965 A code versus a 1965 K code.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
The very first day the bank opened.
Me too, I have also ordered a DH with Handling Package (No Appearance or Blue Ember though) and I haven’t been called yet asking to remove anything.

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
Sorry to hear that for you and everyone else in your situation.
That is mismanagement at the highest levels, Ford should be embarrassed they blew this release as well.
The idiots responsible will most likely get promoted.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Though it stings to hear this, I feel they're trying to manage expectations at this point. So getting your order built in 6 months or less from now would seem "better" than currently expected.

On the other hand, 12 months from now still means getting a '24 well before the planned model year end (December 2024). Buying a MY of a car in the summer of its calendar year is certainly not rare. But in this case it would be a 15 month wait. That's just agonizing and torturous. I deflect to the Bronco and Maverick faithful for their devotion.

I still say - better for my downpayment. And at least I have a fun reliable car to drive around in the meantime. But check with me June next year if my order hasn't arrived and I might be less reasonable....or back in a Hellcat, slightly used of course.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Though it stings to hear this, I feel they're trying to manage expectations at this point. So getting your order built in 6 months or less from now would seem "better" than currently expected.

On the other hand, 12 months from now still means getting a '24 well before the planned model year end (December 2024). Buying a MY of a car in the summer of its calendar year is certainly not rare. But in this case it would be a 15 month wait. That's just agonizing and torturous. I deflect to the Bronco and Maverick faithful for their devotion.

I still say - better for my downpayment. And at least I have a fun reliable car to drive around in the meantime. But check with me June next year if my order hasn't arrived and I might be less reasonable....or back in a Hellcat, slightly used of course.
Kind of crazy how top of the line DH buyers are having to wait the longest. Have you thought about going for a GT and trading it in for the next GT350 equivalent when it comes out? Depending on how my job goes in the next 2-3 years might do just that.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
Kind of crazy how top of the line DH buyers are having to wait the longest. Have you thought about going for a GT and trading it in for the next GT350 equivalent when it comes out? Depending on how my job goes in the next 2-3 years might do just that.
I just called and my DH (HP/AP) that I ordered on March 28th as a verified dealer allocation, is still unscheduled-clean. Have not been called about dropping anything, which I would pass on anyway, but got the supply chain email about a month ago. I’m thinking along your lines, but doing a 2022/2023 gt for the next year and trading it in when I get the DH delivered.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Damn, that sucks. Ford at its best, yet again. Promoting the DH to the high heavens and then screwing up and let people wait for months or years. Pathetic.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Honestly can we believe anything the dealership or Ford company says? Just a few weeks ago some people received an email about delays and updating people within 45 days. Just to turn around and be scheduled the following week or be in production. So at this point this whole situation is confusing. This seems like a tactic ford my be using to get people to change their orders so they have less to produce. Then randomly turn around next month and schedule the DH with the AP and HP. That would piss people off who ordered and changed.

Last edited:

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Honestly can we believe anything the dealership or Ford company says? Just a few weeks ago some people received an email about delays for 45 days. Just to turn around and be scheduled the following week or be in production. So at this point this whole situation is confusing. This seems like a tactic ford my be using to get people to change their orders so they have less to produce. Then randomly turn around next month and schedule the DH with the AP and HP. That would piss people off who ordered and changed.
The emails didn't say that the orders were delayed for 45 days; It said that Ford would send updates every 45 days if the delays continued.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
The emails didn't say that the orders were delayed for 45 days; It said that Ford would send updates every 45 days if the delays continued.
You right. I was meaning it as just a general delay. But ford delaying anything was not good new. Especially if you ordered a DH.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You right. I was meaning it as just a general delay. But ford delaying anything was not good new. Especially if you ordered a DH.
This is why I didn’t order a DH. I knew the moment I saw “Limited Availability“ I’d be waiting a super long time.
Sponsored