• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024+ Mustang S650 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!]

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Somebody please tell me that's the case.
I was told the same thing.
Orders can be changed up until they are scheduled for production and the VIN is cut. Once the VIN is created, Ford is committed to the configuration on file.

The salesperson can amend the order. Just keep a hand on them, ensure they follow-through and give you a copy of the changes.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Orders can be changed up until they are scheduled for production and the VIN is cut. Once the VIN is created, Ford is committed to the configuration on file.

The salesperson can amend the order. Just keep a hand on them, ensure they follow-through and give you a copy of the changes.
Sweet! Thank you for the information. My guy is off today, but returns on Thursday. I will be nagging him first thing in the morning. Then I have to go by and drop off my deposit. Then the waiting game starts. Honestly, I'm cool with waiting. I just like knowing I will get one built the way I want it built.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
My build as it stands before they delete the automatic. Those who are dealers here this will be the carmine red interior, right? I have trust issues with my salesman.

S650 Mustang 2024+ Mustang S650 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] IMG_20230329_035445~2

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I sent over my build to my rep and they asked me to send a photo of my driver's license per request and then said that yesterday was just the pre-order but would submit it when the order banks open in april? So I'm a bit confused seeing that everyone else was able to submit their orders in
I can think of two things:

1. The dealer does not have an allocation for a Mustang. All dealers, all models, all builds, require an allocation. They might be working with their regional rep to secure one. This can happen, for dealers that don't order certain models often.

2. The dealer is not going to order the car from Ford, but search and possibly buy it from another dealer. This happens. Not necessarily anything wrong with it, as long as they are clear with you in what they're doing.

But yes...

1) have a sit-down. Be straightforward and matter-of-fact about it. Explain others' have their orders in and you expect to place an order. If not, why not? If this conversation does not give you a warm and fuzzy, walk.

or

2) Find another dealer. Don't be concerned about what's going on now and missing out. You're witnessing the initial surge of a new model. Things will settle down and they'll continue to be made. Keep searching.

does anyone know what the priority numbers actually mean?
The priority numbers relate to your place in line at that dealer and within that dealer's allocations. A dealer is gifted so many allocations for so many models throughout the MY. Fleet orders, orders for the dealer lot, are often given a large priority number (low priority), like 80. Customer orders are given like 1-19. Whatever priority you have, that's where you are in line with respect to other customers at that dealer. As Ford makes the rounds during scheduling, if you have the lowest number (highest priority), you'll get picked for scheduling and build ahead of the other buyers with orders at that dealer.

For many of us, it is not an issue. When I placed my order, I was not concerned. In my area, they want trucks and SUVs. Priorities can matter for dealers that source a lot of Mustang orders. Twenty allocations with 50 orders. Priorities matter then. Otherwise, fuggetaboutit.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I have trust issues with my salesman.
In instances like this, if possible, I give them like an hour after they open to settle down and get into their routine. Then I arrive, sit down to discuss and walk through any concerns. I don't leave until it's settled. Not in a bad way. I just let them know I can wait and work with them as long as necessary.

If you have a few topics to go through, write them down so you don't forget while there.

If for whatever reason you just don't feel right about something, consider discussing the matters with the GM.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Did anyone else get a convertible- Mine will be the Burgandy red with black racer stripes..
I can think of two things:

1. The dealer does not have an allocation for a Mustang. All dealers, all models, all builds, require an allocation. They might be working with their regional rep to secure one. This can happen, for dealers that don't order certain models often.

2. The dealer is not going to order the car from Ford, but search and possibly buy it from another dealer. This happens. Not necessarily anything wrong with it, as long as they are clear with you in what they're doing.

But yes...

1) have a sit-down. Be straightforward and matter-of-fact about it. Explain others' have their orders in and you expect to place an order. If not, why not? If this conversation does not give you a warm and fuzzy, walk.

or

2) Find another dealer. Don't be concerned about what's going on now and missing out. You're witnessing the initial surge of a new model. Things will settle down and they'll continue to be made. Keep searching.

The priority numbers relate to your place in line at that dealer and within that dealer's allocations. A dealer is gifted so many allocations for so many models throughout the MY. Fleet orders, orders for the dealer lot, are often given a large priority number (low priority), like 80. Customer orders are given like 1-19. Whatever priority you have, that's where you are in line with respect to other customers at that dealer. As Ford makes the rounds during scheduling, if you have the lowest number (highest priority), you'll get picked for scheduling and build ahead of the other buyers with orders at that dealer.

For many of us, it is not an issue. When I placed my order, I was not concerned. In my area, they want trucks and SUVs. Priorities can matter for dealers that source a lot of Mustang orders. Twenty allocations with 50 orders. Priorities matter then. Otherwise, fuggetaboutit.
thanks for the response. My priority code is 19, but I was at the dealership at 3:30 and they could not place the order before 3:57, so I would think I was the first one in line since my salesman was working with me and all the others were chit chatting...

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
S650 Mustang 2024+ Mustang S650 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] order0002

pozi240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP, 21 Bronco Wildtrak, 20 Ranger
Submitted. Hoping to find out today if I have a build date/VIN. A few other Canadian orders have gotten their dates already.
S650 Mustang 2024+ Mustang S650 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 2024 Mustang build spec.JPG

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I was wondering when the non dark horse orders would show lol.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Dark Horse Premium Ordered 3-28-23. At MSRP!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
How am I the only guy so far that’s got a base DarkHorse 😅
I feel like its because this is an enthusiast site, in the 'real world', with people that are not on the Forums all the time, the take rate is probably not as lopsided. Same with the handling package, the take rate is 78.5% as I am writing this, I doubt it is that high really. Just my guess, I could be wrong.

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I feel like its because this is an enthusiast site, in the 'real world', with people that are not on the Forums all the time, the take rate is probably not as lopsided. Same with the handling package, the take rate is 78.5% as I am writing this, I doubt it is that high really. Just my guess, I could be wrong.
Facts. I didn’t even think of it that way thanks!
Sponsored