• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang outer door panels

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You can feel it if you place your hand on the panel below the handle area and go back and forth front to back and back to front.
Sponsored

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Would like an update from new owners to see if they can see/feel the obvious swale in the door panel below the front of the door handle.
I checked before driving off the lot. Both visual and touch, just to be sure. No swale, indent, nothing. All lines follow as expected. I'm convinced it's not universal.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I looked at 2 GTs and a Dark Horse today, none show that wave around the door handles.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Thats for sure a panel defect. Looks like the panel buckled of shrank during the stamping process.

It would justify rejecting the car IMO.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Would like an update from new owners to see if they can see/feel the obvious swale in the door panel below the front of the door handle.
I’ve had my car for almost 4 weeks, I’ve had two difference detailers work on it, including clay bar, polish, and ceramic coat, and I’ve washed the car myself. Nobody has been able to detect any panel issues. In fact l, even the paint and panel gaps on my car look really good.

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I looked at 2 more Mustangs today and they both had the panel issue by sight and feel. It is directly below the front end of the door handle.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I looked at 2 more Mustangs today and they both had the panel issue by sight and feel. It is directly below the front end of the door handle.
Snap a couple more pics ???

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I believe my Mustang is one of the affected ones.. I walked around the car before I signed and thought it looked good (My excitement and nerves probably didn't help). I was mainly concerned with big panel haps or misaligned ones. I noticed the weird dents looking like things once the car was in my driveway. You can't see it all the time it's a certain viewing angle. I have seen a couple of videos and pictures online where you can see it on other Mustangs as well. I will upload a pic later today. Not sure if to even bother letting the dealer know at this point, I've had the car for almost 2 weeks. Another thing I noticed right away and this I did mention was that the steering wheel is not properly centered. when going straight it is slightly turned to the right.

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I believe my Mustang is one of the affected ones.. I walked around the car before I signed and thought it looked good (My excitement and nerves probably didn't help). I was mainly concerned with big panel haps or misaligned ones. I noticed the weird dents looking like things once the car was in my driveway. You can't see it all the time it's a certain viewing angle. I have seen a couple of videos and pictures online where you can see it on other Mustangs as well. I will upload a pic later today. Not sure if to even bother letting the dealer know at this point, I've had the car for almost 2 weeks. Another thing I noticed right away and this I did mention was that the steering wheel is not properly centered. when going straight it is slightly turned to the right.
It’s in that area.. looks like it’s related to whatever punches the door handle part. Hard to see in pic but both sides have it.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang outer door panels IMG_0041

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thank you for confirming this. So far every new Mustang I've seen has this. I bet others do too. They just aren't looking in the right area and angle. For me this is not acceptable and believe it is a mfg error that should be corrected.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Both our doors have these. I don’t like it but it’s hard to see unless you are looking down the side and the lighting is just right. I don’t think Ford is going to fix this issue. I’ve seen 4 other cars with it on two separate lots.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
The clamping/attachment of the door handle and its interior backing usually causes this...seen it on other makes. Not much you can do for it (ask any PDR guy and he'll tell you it's very common)...albeit some are more noticeable than others.

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
That’s from the stamping of the panel and the fact that there are holes for the door handle…they all have it to some extent. Of there was no holes, the panel would be smooth.
Sponsored