• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang outer door panels

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
you probably dodged a bullitt bullet with that. it sounds like they probably know it's wrong, but hope someone doesn't notice, as the dealer missed it when the transporter dropped it off, and now fixing it is on their dime instead of it being fixed as transport damage. no pictures i can find have that dent there. sounds pretty shady and if they're trying to pass that off as "normal", what other questionable stuff have/will they do? you should drop the name of that dealer so people know who to avoid
1692917148487.jpeg
1692917227290.png
1692917357248.png
Thanks for posting these photos. The black GT one is almost the same angle as the one my mother took. I enlarged both and you can clearly see the difference.
Sponsored

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Seems like something I would have never noticed, but once you see it you can't unsee it. I think you made the right call. No point in accepting something that's not right. There will be tons of these cars out at dealers in a couple months. No need to rush it.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I don't see it. I need some of you to come look at mine when it is delivered lol. I have never bought a super nice used car, let alone anything new so I have never wanted to look too close.

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just looked at two 2024 Mustangs at a different dealer and they both had the same swales in the doors directly below the front of the door handles. I can't believe this is the way they should be. You have to view the door at that level from an angle from the front or back. Once you see it your eye catches it every time. I can feel it when I run my hand over that area. I would appreciate others checking your cars and report what you find.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
I just looked at two 2024 Mustangs at a different dealer and they both had the same swales in the doors directly below the front of the door handles. I can't believe this is the way they should be. You have to view the door at that level from an angle from the front or back. Once you see it your eye catches it every time. I can feel it when I run my hand over that area. I would appreciate others checking your cars and report what you find.
Looking at mine right now and both doors are perfectly smooth. I don’t see any indents from any angle.

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT ordered
Is that (sticker) green?

“No son, that’s just a reflection off her shoes”

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I don't see it. I need some of you to come look at mine when it is delivered lol. I have never bought a super nice used car, let alone anything new so I have never wanted to look too close.
Same I might have to post a video on here before taking delivery so everyone can point out if there are any issues 😂 it's really hard for me to see these things.

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you bend down about 3 ft away from the front or rear quarter panel and your eye level is just below the door handle it appears as a vertical shadow just below the front end of the handle. Once you ID it you can pick it out from other positions easily. I felt that area with my hand and it is about 3-4 in wide and 4-5 in high. Looking straight on you can't really see it. I don't believe it is a result of damage but rather a mfg error in the panel.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
The trouble is that the price of a new Mustang GT is getting to the same price of a base M2 which already comes with an excellent interior and features.

I went to my local dealer, they got an S650 with premium trim and I have to say the quality of materials is better than the S550. In fact I was quite impressed.

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Would like an update from new owners to see if they can see/feel the obvious swale in the door panel below the front of the door handle.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Would like an update from new owners to see if they can see/feel the obvious swale in the door panel below the front of the door handle.
Tbh you had/have me looking. I have not noticed them on ours however I haven’t stopped attempting to find just the right angle.
Sponsored