• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang outer door panels

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My 2024 Mustnag GT showed up. During inspecting it I noticed both doors below the door handles there are swale dents that are very noticeable viewing at an angle. They are about the size of a coffee saucer. Dealer said they must come that way because they are on both sides. I disagree. After looking at many pictures of actual cars on the internet I doubt that this is true. Can someone check their 2024 and reply what you find? I think this area should be smooth to the edge of the door.
Sponsored

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I notified the dealer today that I wasn't accepting " that must be the way they're made ". I asked for my deposit back which they said was fine as they would sell it to someone else. I will probably do a new order next spring. If you have this issue it would be very obvious, more so on a dark color car.

OP
OP

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My mother took some pictures she just emailed me one of the passenger side. You can see a darker area just below the forward part of the door handle. That is where the vertical swale is.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang outer door panels 20230821_150408_HDR II

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
My mother took some pictures she just emailed me one of the passenger side. You can see a darker area just below the forward part of the door handle. That is where the vertical swale is.
20230821_150408_HDR II.jpg
Yeah, that doesn't look normal. I don't think that this is something the dealer should refuse to fix, it looks like unless the door itself is structurally affected it would be a simple fix.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Yeah, that doesn't look normal. I don't think that this is something the dealer should refuse to fix, it looks like unless the door itself is structurally affected it would be a simple fix.
Almost difficult to say if a ‘dent’ or a shadow illusion from the window near the car in the reflection. By chance did you softly run your hand across it and see if you can feel the ‘indent’?

edit: close your eyes when you do the feel test.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
That door looks bad. Look at the panel gap too, its non-existent.
I think you made the right call, I dont think this is normal, it is clearly warped, you can see the same issue on the same body live where it meets the quarter panel.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
There is a dent but the whole door is not fitted right. The panel gaps are too bad on this one.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
you probably dodged a bullitt bullet with that. it sounds like they probably know it's wrong, but hope someone doesn't notice, as the dealer missed it when the transporter dropped it off, and now fixing it is on their dime instead of it being fixed as transport damage. no pictures i can find have that dent there. sounds pretty shady and if they're trying to pass that off as "normal", what other questionable stuff have/will they do? you should drop the name of that dealer so people know who to avoid
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang outer door panels 1692917148487
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang outer door panels 1692917227290
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang outer door panels 1692917357248

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I agree, something is jacked. Does that door even open? Looks really tight. I think the dent would come out easy, but the panel fitment...I don't know

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
First Mustang? I don't know... on my GT350R I can point out all sorts of panel gaps and problems... they are no BMW but they will offer M4 performance at a discount... that being said..."at a discount " usually translates to something...

If you get one that's perfect... awesome... but at over 7k rpm with that Coyote singing... let's just say ..the panel gaps... they dissappear

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Noticed it in the picture right away. Doesn't look right to me. I wouldn't be happy either.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
20230821_150408_HDR II.jpg
That ain’t right, no way no how. And zero chance I’d want it once “fixed”. No good way to fix it. Do you want a new car with panels painted and blended on both sides? And as far as PDR is concerned, large stressed panels like doors, hoods and roof panels tend to pop back out to their damaged condition sooner or later after time in the hot sun.

You 100% did the right thing.
Sponsored