• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Order Banks / Configurator / Build & Price

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
How does Fords order bank system usually work once open? I know deposits are typically dealer specific, but I would love to have an idea of how this typically works.

I don’t care about even getting a car in 2023, just would like to have one lined up for 2024.

Thought I was leaning in a GT/PP direction but it seems to get the Tremec I’ll have to go DH
Sponsored

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Just recently joined the mustang7 group. Looking to get my first mustang. Really like the new interior for the 2024. But reading all the comments about the order banks opening up, I've contacted several dealers in my area, they are all waiting. Kinda like what I went thru waiting on allocation and orders opening up for my C8.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Just recently joined the mustang7 group. Looking to get my first mustang. Really like the new interior for the 2024. But reading all the comments about the order banks opening up, I've contacted several dealers in my area, they are all waiting. Kinda like what I went thru waiting on allocation and orders opening up for my C8.
I think the forum has been optimistic as far as when the order bank will open. Realistically, it’ll likely happen around April with first ordered vehicles probably hitting customers doorsteps late September to early October. Pure speculation, of course, but typically you wouldn’t label it for the next calendar year unless projected manufactured date was after October 1st.

Last edited:

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I think the forum has been optimistic as far as when the order bank will open. Realistically, it’ll likely happen around April with first ordered vehicles probably hitting customers doorsteps late September to early October. Pure speculation, of course, but typically you wouldn’t label it for the next calendar year unless projected manufactured date was after October 1st.
Deliveries are late summer according to ford. If things go to plan

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Deliveries are late summer according to ford. If things go to plan
In a recent interview from the Chicago auto show, the Ford employee actually said early summer if I am not mistaken.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Sure, Sure. I understand and know what Ford has said fellas...... just stating how none of that information has come to fruition and doesn't line up based on how vehicles get labeled. They're going to exhaust their inventory on 22 and 23 first and as far as I know 22's are still going to the lots. So late summer is probably a best case scenario.

Last edited:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Sure, Sure. I understand and know what Ford has said fellas...... just stating how none of that information has come to fruition and doesn't line up based on how vehicles get labeled. They're going to exhaust their inventory on 22 and 23 first and as far as I know 22's are still going to the lots.

In this video around 6:40 you can hear him state early summer.

All the information we have heard state that balance out of S550 is end of march, and mid-april is when the s650 production will get started. Late February or early March order banks would support that timeline as well.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY

In this video around 6:40 you can hear him state early summer.

All the information we have heard state that balance out of S550 is end of march, and mid-april is when the s650 production will get started. Late February or early March order banks would support that timeline as well.
My friend, I confirmed what you said and what has been said by ford. Please re-read my comments. I don't know why you want to argue, it's simply my INFORMED opinion. Take it or leave it..... sometimes on the internet when you don't agree you just walk away.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
My friend, I confirmed what you said and what has been said by ford. Please re-read my comments. I don't know why you want to argue.
Im not arguing, just sharing the information I had seen recently!

Edit: I have followed the Bronco fiasco with interest, as I wanted one initially. I know there are early reservation holders that still don't have vehicles. I am sure anything is possible timing wise for the Mustang, but I only have to go off of what Ford has told people, and reshare what I have heard, just like everyone else here. So no argument from me, just sharing the early summer comment, as I think it was the first time I heard it. Cheers!

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if October (or even 2023 for that matter) deliveries end up being optimistic if the Bronco and Maverick launches are any sign.

Worst case, it's not pressing for me, as I'm trying to save up to buy a used Pickup truck as well.

Last edited:

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
Totally, hear what you're saying! If I am wrong I will come back to this thread and quote you but I trust my sources and not Marketing or the leaked information which has been consistently wrong when trying to determine when banks open. When scheduling is happening until 3/31 for 23 and 22's are still being shipped late to the lot due to supply chain issues and 24MY VINs get rolled for the U.S. typically after October 1st manufacturing date I am calling BS flat out on Ford. Ford is protecting their investment in the remaining S550s so as to not kill their sales which CFO John Lawler has been murdering the company about since the financial report came out.
Im not arguing, just sharing the information I had seen recently!

Edit: I have followed the Bronco fiasco with interest, as I wanted one initially. I know there are early reservation holders that still don't have vehicles. I am sure anything is possible timing wise for the Mustang, but I only have to go off of what Ford has told people, and reshare what I have heard, just like everyone else here. So no argument from me, just sharing the early summer comment, as I think it was the first time I heard it. Cheers!
True, to your point, this was more specific of answer than what has been relayed previously.

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
FMC dealer is still saying 1/25/23 as order bank open date and 2/9/23 as scheduling starts. So I’m completely not sure when things will get rolling
Very strange, so scheduling should have already begun, yet there can be no orders in the system, as the Order Banks have not opened as scheduled, and remain frustratingly closed.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
How does Fords order bank system usually work once open? I know deposits are typically dealer specific, but I would love to have an idea of how this typically works.
From the dealer perspective, it's straightforward. Once Ford opens the order banks, it's like visiting any other web site to buy something. Ford's pricing (dealer and customer), model, options, etc., are all there. The salesperson clicks-off what is being asked for, takes your personal information, gives you pricing. Done. The order will be printed off then and you'll sign for it.

For the order to continue, the dealer will need to pair that with an allocation. All builds require a slot, an allocation. If they don't already have one, they'll ask for one, pointing to the new order. Mustangs are not limited in production for MY24, so allocations should not be an issue.

Something that coincides with this is the Order Guide: the document which lists all the model variations and options. When the Order Guide drops, I'd expect the Order Banks to open near same time, if not exact same time. The Order Guide will be posted here for sure.

The configurator. LOL. Ford is often late in changing, and, when it does change, it's often riddled with errors. You have two options.

Option one is to use the configurator and place an order for whatever model Mustang is currently listed. It won't matter the MY or options.Towards the end, there's a note section you can explain yourself. Cut-and-paste a simple e-mail, with model '24 and option codes. They'll get it and reach out.

Option two is to take the Order Guide information, chat up or have a sit-down with someone.

Regarding downpayment, most dealers expect $1000. I asked my dealer if they'd like more still, and mine advised it doesn't really matter. The deposits are often non-refundable. They just want to you have some skin in the game.

Another member started a thread on dealer and purchase prep experiences; more insight will probably be seen there.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
From the dealer perspective, it's straightforward. Once Ford opens the order banks, it's like visiting any other web site to buy something. Ford's pricing (dealer and customer), model, options, etc., are all there. The salesperson clicks-off what is being asked for, takes your personal information, gives you pricing. Done. The order will be printed off then and you'll sign for it.

For the order to continue, the dealer will need to pair that with an allocation. All builds require a slot, an allocation. If they don't already have one, they'll ask for one, pointing to the new order. Mustangs are not limited in production for MY24, so allocations should not be an issue.

Something that coincides with this is the Order Guide: the document which lists all the model variations and options. When the Order Guide drops, I'd expect the Order Banks to open near same time, if not exact same time. The Order Guide will be posted here for sure.

The configurator. LOL. Ford is often late in changing, and, when it does change, it's often riddled with errors. You have two options.

Option one is to use the configurator and place an order for whatever model Mustang is currently listed. It won't matter the MY or options.Towards the end, there's a note section you can explain yourself. Cut-and-paste a simple e-mail, with model '24 and option codes. They'll get it and reach out.

Option two is to take the Order Guide information, chat up or have a sit-down with someone.

Regarding downpayment, most dealers expect $1000. I asked my dealer if they'd like more still, and mine advised it doesn't really matter. The deposits are often non-refundable. They just want to you have some skin in the game.

Another member started a thread on dealer and purchase prep experiences; more insight will probably be seen there.
Awesome reply, thanks a ton for that context!

Interesting that there isn’t specific allocation, does that extend to trim / package levels like the Dark House? (I believe Dark House is an option package for a GT car, not a trim level, correct?)
Sponsored