• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
For MSRP, yeah it would only be about $2000(ish) more. Since I ordered my Mach from Granger Ford I saved some money.

DH (600A) $57970
Dest $1595
Gas Guzzler $1350
Recaro $1650
DH HP $4500
Red Calipers $495
TOTAL $67560

My M1 was more like $60K dead on. Oh I forgot I also got an RSD.
RSD?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
He’s probably in America like I am.

the ONLY thing that matters is light to light and 1/4 mile times for bragging rights.

part of the reason the 350R was such a TURD

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Radical Systems Destroyer
Runaway Skipjack Delivery
Roland Sands Design
Right Side Drive
Roadside Delivery
Rubber Side Down
Remote Shut Down
Risk-Specific Dose
Race Stunt Deathmatch
Radar Storm Detection
Remote Storage Device

the answer will make itself known. Use the Force, Luke.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Not my 2019 I only have a 2017 and a 2019 of a friend I beat on the drag strip. Also driven manuals all my life the MT82 is the most stupid transmission I ever owned and this include the Ford Fiesta piece of crap transmission that have syncros issues from the beginning of it's life. Also I'm on the second clutch in the Mustang since the master cylinder decided to shit the bed at 15 000 miles. It's lovely experience to own an MT82. But yeah I don't rev it daily in traffic like a fucking asshole I actually do track it and have over 500 laps with the car in the span of 4 season. 2 weeks ago from season number 5. So I do know a bit more about the MT82 than you and if you look the MT82 and MT82-D4 ratios you will see how the TR-3160 have a bit longer ratios than the MT82 in my 2017 but it has much better ratios than the MT82-D4. And I can tell you that ones you put the 305/315 tires that this car needs to be even remotely competitive on track you will need the TR-3160 ratios as well. the MT82-D4 even with fixed shift forks and most importantly Dual Clutch not made in Turkey is still a piece of shit. I suggest you keep driving your car and consider yourself lucky. And I will put my order for a Dark Horse when it get's clear what the situation with the EU model will be.
You're not wrong, the D4's ratios are ass. The GT350's are long but at least it has another 50hp+ to shorten the time in each gear under WOT. The grouping on the D4 is all wacky if you like to shift at redline. All of your driving will be done in third gear more or less and Vmax is in 4th. It's basically a 4 speed with two OD gears.

The jump from 3rd to 4th is heinous.

MT82 w 3.73
  • 1st - 42
  • 2nd - 64
  • 3rd - 92
  • 4th - 117
  • 5th - 154
  • 6th - 200+
MT82D4 w 3.73
  • 1st - 48
  • 2nd - 75
  • 3rd - 110
  • 4th - 157
  • 5th - 193
  • 6th - 200+
TR3160
  • 1st - 54
  • 2nd - 79
  • 3rd - 109
  • 4th - 141
  • 5th - 175
  • 6th - 200+
This dude basically summed it up, the gearing in the old MT82 and TR3160 make way more sense in a car like a Mustang than the D4 which doesn't seem to gain anything positive out of the arbitrary weird change in gear ratio strategy

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
All of your driving will be done in third gear more or less and Vmax is in 4th. It's basically a 4 speed with two OD gears.
correct. It was a CAFE move. I can't get over how much FUN it is to drive a '17 even with 3.55 gears vs the '19 with 3.73.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Roland Sands Design
Right Side Drive
Roadside Delivery
Rubber Side Down
Remote Shut Down
Risk-Specific Dose
Race Stunt Deathmatch
Radar Storm Detection
Remote Storage Device

Missed Real Sweet Deal.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
You are a troll. Did you ever set foot on an a road course ?
Please explain how that has anything to do with the topic or my point, which clearly is the durability/quality of the MT82... NOTHING. Enjoy moving your goalpost.

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Roland Sands Design
Right Side Drive
Roadside Delivery
Rubber Side Down
Remote Shut Down
Risk-Specific Dose
Race Stunt Deathmatch
Radar Storm Detection
Remote Storage Device

not really helpful despite your attempt with humor. I'd guess Roadside Delivery since a google search is pretty vague mixing up my results with other medical/random abbreviations. Only thing was that the usage of an with roadside delivery is throwing me off as my assumed guess isn't a noun like an item, but an actual service hence
I got offered roadside delivery vs
I got an roadside delivery

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please explain how that has anything to do with the topic or my point, which clearly is the durability/quality of the MT82... NOTHING. Enjoy moving your goalpost.
You don't know the durability of the MT82-D4 if you only drive it on the street the stress is not enough to show you the quality issues which believe me are there. Surely new shift forks and better clutch helps but the trans is not good for road course work hanse why Ford put the TR-3160 in the Mach 1/DH. Just because you think is good for daily car it doesn't mean is good for the road course.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You don't know the durability of the MT82-D4 if you only drive it on the street the stress is not enough to show you the quality issues which believe me are there. Surely new shift forks and better clutch helps but the trans is not good for road course work hanse why Ford put the TR-3160 in the Mach 1/DH. Just because you think is good for daily car it doesn't mean is good for the road course.
Isn't that where most Mustangs are driven and what they are designed for ?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isn't that where most Mustangs are driven and what they are designed for ?
No but the Mach 1/Dark Horse is designed for the Track. No need to spend the money on a Dark Horse and TR-3160 if you are not going to take it to the track. That's why there is all the additional cooling on the Dark Horse you know so it not overheat like a PP2 or PP1 Mustang on the track. And if the street Dark Horse is not enough for you there are also the Dark Horse S and R to take racing. And if this is not enough than you can always get a Mustang GT4 or GT3. Is the MT82 suitable for the track the answer is a hard no and if you frequent a race track with an MT82 you will know why. So the point just get MT82-D4 no need to spend on TR-3160 is right if you want street car but if you plan to track Dark Horse is no brainer.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I don't know why you are bothering with him if he only wants to talk about the reliability of the D4. Who cares if the dam thing lasts forever when it's geared as bad as it is.
Sponsored