• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
They've done it before. Literal tomfoolery. (not my photo) What's wild about this....is cactus was not offered for the mustangs, where as FJ is of course, for the mach 1s.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 1668019255871

So Vapor blue is basically just Azure Grey which is basically just Area 51. What the hell is going on here. Why does ford have three virtually identical shades all called three different names. That sounds overly complex. Vapor blue looks like area 51 with metallic flake and that's about it.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Giving the same paint different names is nothing new for Ford. Calypso Coral on Fords of the late 60's was called Competition Orange on the Mercurys. Ironically, Ford then used the name on the S550!

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
The design sorts of looks like a Camaro went drinking one night. It has a great time, and gets drunk with his buddies and develops a raport with a small, cute lady at the bar. The next morning they wake up together and terrified, the lady rushes to leave and the Camaro asks for a name and the response is "I'm Miata, we should never have done this."

That's how I think the designers came up with this look anyway.....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
to me its to bland, i pointed out some changes i'd make.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-11

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-13

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
that 2018 front end really couldn't have been uglier
The 2018 refresh was the better looking front end IMO. More cohesive and looked like all one piece. Did not have two black plastic pieces 'stuck' to each side like the previous one and the 650 does. Both are good looking cars, just not as good looking.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The 2018 refresh was the better looking front end IMO. More cohesive and looked like all one piece. Did not have two black plastic pieces 'stuck' to each side like the previous one and the 650 does. Both are good looking cars, just not as good looking.
Wait, isn’t that backwards

The MY15-17 had matte plastic on all surfaces—upper grille, lower valance, and brake ducts.

The MY18+ has a gloss upper grille, matte lower (also got rid of the fangs in place of just plastic chunks), and no mesh for the brake ducts (and instead randomly decided to throw chrome-encased Christmas tree lights in where fogs used to be)

Edit: going on step further, the S650 GT is the only one of the three GTs to have consistent mesh across all surfaces

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos ford-mustang-gt-2024-02-exterior-front-scaled

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package

The MY15-17 had matte plastic on all surfaces—upper grille, lower valance, and brake ducts.

The MY18+ has a gloss upper grille, matte lower (also got rid of the fangs in place of just plastic chunks), and no mesh for the brake ducts (and instead randomly decided to throw chrome-encased Christmas tree lights in where fogs used to be)

Edit: going on step further, the S650 GT is the only one of the three GTs to have consistent mesh across all surfaces

ford-mustang-gt-2024-02-exterior-front-scaled.jpg
Not sure what you mean by any that rambling. I am simply stating that I don't like the black plastic on each lower side. The '18 + didn't have any of that. IMO, it makes the front end better looking. Christmas tree lights? The three hash lights above each headlight will resemble the roof edge of my house in about 3 weeks.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT

ford-mustang-gt-2024-02-exterior-front-scaled.jpg
Hmmm I think I saw from other pictures that upper and lower parts and not same. Upper grill is glossy black and the lower grill isn't.

I think in the picture below you can see that better from the front. Upper part is glossy, the lower part isn't.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 1668123652080
Sponsored