• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We got an excellent look at two 2024 Mustang Convertible prototypes in what appears to be the new Vapor Blue hue.

Both Mustangs have the EcoBoost front end, and are equipped with quad exhaust. They have the same wheel design, but one of the Mustangs has the wheels and the Mustang logo finished in black. The other Mustang prototype has a chrome/silver grille-mounted Mustang badge with wheels painted in a brighter titanium-look finish. There are also Brembo brake calipers painted blue.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-1
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-2
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-3
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-4
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-5
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-6
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-7
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-8
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-9
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-10
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-11
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-12
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos 2024-mustang-convertible-ecoboost-vapor-blue-s650-13
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
These are a little let down to me. The color looks so flat in the side profiles!

Edit: I still think it's one of those "in-person" colors though. Avalanche grey looked real flat in photos but in person was amazing.

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
These are a little let down to me. The color looks so flat in the side profiles!
it's because the car has no friggen lines on the side. it looks plain, boring. like a camaro.

I think the brake caliper color doesn't help, looks atrocious with that body color.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
That looks really really lame... Mustang Sedan vibes...

Don't like the cheap plastic front of the Dark Horse either but at least it's exhaust looks massive... I still hope that it looks way better in person and that it doesn't get boring after a minute or two (looking at you oversimplified looking Cybertruck)

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Anyone else notice how good the subtle lip spoiler looks on the black accent one?

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Looks like production test cars IMO judging by the seat covers and door protection. Not so sure on the color though, but I'm certain it looks better in person. I wish they kept Eruption Green, Mischievous Purple, and Cyber Orange - or at least some new green/orange/blue that really makes the car stand out more. Didn't really see it until now, but @Jimmy Dean is right, the side looks so bland compared to the S550 - even with a heavy metallic coat I don't think it'll match the dramatic S550 side profiles in certain lighting.

Also, seems like the dash/cluster is...different? Doesn't look like the floating tablet design on the reveal models, nor does it look like the supposed renders of a base split screen setup.

Still hoping the GT doesn't cost more than a '22/'23, that's the only thing I want to know right now. Give us at least estimated pricing FFS!

Edit: I wonder if this may be one of the ~9 or 10 possible test cars I stumbled upon while looking up the VIN for the camoed dark horse just prior to the reveal (said VIN showed as a '23 MY).

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

Edit: I still think it's one of those "in-person" colors though. Avalanche grey looked real flat in photos but in person was amazing.
This color looks very similar to area 51 imo. Area 51 pops in person but looks meh in a 2D format. There's a chance it's the same thing here. Case in point, this pic I took, in person, the color was much more vibrant, the entire body was basically the same color as what you see with the bed. But in pics, it looks more washed out and flat, have no idea why, it just doesn't translate well. People who've seen vapor blue in person have said positive things about it, so I'm sure it's a similar situation there.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible Spied in Vapor Blue w/Blue Brembos IMG20221105140629

Last edited:

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The side body line is a curve, not a crease, so in direct sunlight it's going to get washed out from certain angles. Even the s550 creases disappear in this kind of light with light colors.

I do have to say, I really don't like the weak list of color options ford is offering for 2024. Also prepare to see some really ugly caliper and paint color combos

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i'm really happy with these new wheel designs Ford is putting out, especially those on the GT Performance Pack and what i'm guessing is the Ecoboost HO Handling Pack
still really curious to see what the Dark Horse's carbon fiber wheels will look like, though
also interesting to see they're putting the window stickers on those test models, but i'm almost willing to bet they're blank or something

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
i'm really happy with these new wheel designs Ford is putting out, especially those on the GT Performance Pack and what i'm guessing is the Ecoboost HO Handling Pack
still really curious to see what the Dark Horse's carbon fiber wheels will look like, though
also interesting to see they're putting the window stickers on those test models, but i'm almost willing to bet they're blank or something
100%

Big step up in aesthetics. The performance pack (?) mesh wheels on the GT look great, like an American take on BMW’s latest M mesh wheels. And the split-fives—not the ones pictured here—that we’ve seen on what I’m assuming are a performance pack (again, ?) Ecoboost look good too. Same with the DH wheels.

Was never a fan of any of the standard S550 wheels except for the PP1/PP2, GT350 (ver. 1 specifically), and Mach 1 wheels. And the ones that came on the black out package looked bad but people tend to love em lol.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Was never a fan of any of the standard S550 wheels except for the PP1/PP2, GT350 (ver. 1 specifically), and Mach 1 wheels. And the ones that came on the black out package looked bad but people tend to love em lol.
same here, i'm kinda whatever about most of the S550 wheels except the PP1, PP2, GT350 V1 and V2, and the M1 wheels except the standard ones
the 20" wheels always reminded me of the ones some fusions had

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The color really looks very greyish here in the bright sun (at least the shadows look like sun was shining). Definitely one of the colors that you have to see live to judge it I guess
Sponsored