• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Spin it however the f*ck you need to spin it, dude.

The better performing car is cheaper.

And that's just the base model Stingray. For under 80k you can get an absolute beast of a performance car nicely optioned. The Stingray "piece for piece" is always going to skyrocket a cost of a 650, but Ford pigeon holed themselves by pricing the thing the way they have.
Okay, I think I get what you’re saying

For 67k we can get this better performing car, an R500. Lmao bye Mustang

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Dark Horse PRICING Leaked: $57,970 Base MSRP 💵 1675791185836
Sponsored

Cory1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Fatboy, JK Wrangler, 85' Square Body
There is nothing wrong with the C8
The problem with a C8 is no matter how many times you wash it...it's still a Chevrolet and you have to live with that...

As for the Dark Horse Pricing, if FA can be believed, I think it's in the ball park for the performance. I'm buying a GT because I don't need a race car, but if you do I think it's a good deal.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Lol! Go get some warm milk junior and take a nap...

The *severely overpriced* 650 will be there when you wake up...
I was born in 72 (you know, only a few years after that shit box 68 non-fastback you drive was manufactured). Not exactly junior, pops.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Why are you wasting your breath? Let @dfanucci have his say. Doesn't really matter to anyone on here. The S650 is going to great. The DH is going to be awesome. There is nothing wrong with the C8 but it's not for everyone. Hell I wouldn't trade my 19' GT/CS for one. But that's just my opinion!
I've owned every version of Mustang that's been produced (yes, that includes the Mustang II). This is the first version *ever* that I think they fucked up on by pricing it beyond what a Mustang was meant to be.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
This car is not for the "average" person. They can buy a base GT for almost half of a DH. Actually how many "average" people can afford the average price of a new car period? $47,000 last time I looked.
For the last 10-15yrs the "average person" cannot properly afford a base model Honda Civic while staying within sound financial advice. And no. I'm not exaggerating.

DRP Motorsports

Had A Few Stangs
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2019 GT, 2020 GT500
Inflation really hurts. I remember when I bought my 2020 GT500 for 82K. I miss those days.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
GT500 somehow starting to look like a bargain.
With the tech and handling pack to have similar comforts as the loaded DH, you are over 85k. To add carbon fiber wheels, over 100k. Plus you cant order one, and soon won't be able to buy it new.

I cross shopped a base GT500 and a loaded Dark Horse, but in the end, I wanted the features, and am not getting carbon fiber, and to get the same spec GT500, it would have been about 13k more.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The problem with a C8 is no matter how many times you wash it...it's still a Chevrolet and you have to live with that...

As for the Dark Horse Pricing, if FA can be believed, I think it's in the ball park for the performance. I'm buying a GT because I don't need a race car, but if you do I think it's a good deal.
And the S650 will still look like an S650. So........

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
With the tech and handling pack to have similar comforts as the loaded DH, you are over 85k. To add carbon fiber wheels, over 100k. Plus you cant order one, and soon won't be able to buy it new.

I cross shopped a base GT500 and a loaded Dark Horse, but in the end, I wanted the features, and am not getting carbon fiber, and to get the same spec GT500, it would have been about 13k more.
Wait a couple years some used GT500's will be selling for near DH prices. Not to mention that I'm DAMN sure that markups will have the DH in 70-80 territory.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
I have absolutely no problem at all with someone who thinks the DH is worth what it is priced at. I simply disagree. Ford is marketing the DH as a *performance* car, and I'm saying more performance can be found elsewhere. Cheaper.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Can’t wait for performance specs/reviews

I have a hard time seeing the performance live up to the price, but maybe it’s underrated still

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Can’t wait for performance specs/reviews

I have a hard time seeing the performance live up to the price, but maybe it’s underrated still
The Dark House is incrementally more expensive than the Mach 1 it is replacing. Its performance will also be incrementally improved. I do not think we are in for any great surprises.
Sponsored