• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 GT hood vent issues - water / rain on engine, belts, wiring?

georgeMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang
With the 2024 mustang GT is there problems with water or rain getting into the hood heat vents? Has anyone had issues with rain or water getting on the engine and drive belts and electrical wires?
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
FWIW, no one reports any long-term issues with the S550s.

One vent is to promote airflow across the air filter. The other, to reduce under hood pressure and heat.

Mine are at least partially open all the time. Never experienced a problem.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
With the 2024 mustang GT is there problems with water or rain getting into the hood heat vents? Has anyone had issues with rain or water getting on the engine and drive belts and electrical wires?
Oh, my ... 😆

Cars have had hood vents for decades.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
No issues at all and I have driven through big rain storms and snow storms. The water collects mainly on the radiator cover.

Magic88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Zero issues at all. Water falls right on radiator cover and that's it. When you wash your car, pop your hood, let the water stop dripping and use a leaf blower and towel it dry to keep the water spots from digging in to the plastic.

All good, now stop worrying and start enjoying that car! 😁

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
There is nothing under the hood that isn't able to survive a bit of water. I've hit more than a few engine compartments with a bit of all purpose cleaner and a power washer. A little common sense is helpful too...not on a hot engine, not with a narrow angle tip or close to the parts, not directly on fuse boxes, etc. And I'm just talking about my little electric washer that isn't much more powerful than some may get with a good garden hose nozzle, not my big gas powered washer.

Last edited:

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
There is nothing under the hood that isn't able to survive a bit of water. I've hit more than a few engine compartments with a bit of all purpose cleaner and a power washer. A little common sense is helpful too...not on a hot engine, not with a narrow angle tip or close to the parts, not directly on fuse boxes, etc. And I'm just talking about my little electric washer that isn't much more powerful than some may get with a good garden hose nozzle, not my big gas powered washer.
Active 2.0 pressure washer with a 40 degree tip is about perfect.

The Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Not gonna hurt anything. Most of the morning dew/light rain likes to chill on top of the hood anyway and not drain anywhere. :crazy:

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 4x4 Limited. 2024 GT Mustang Premium
No water issues.
I take our 2024 GT to the car wash about once a week.
I pay by the month.
It sets outside when it rains.
Winter will be a different story.
Sponsored