• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Do you have your Velocity Blue Mach 1 still? Beautiful car! I heavily considered one or a '22 Grabber Blue.
Absolutely! This is my last Mustang. I hope you’ll love yours as much as I love this stupid car. Be safe and have fun!
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
I finally was able to take ownership of my ordered 2024 Dark Horse on Tuesday, September 19, 2023, a day after my 58th birthday. I still have a 2019 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green that I got on Sep 7, 2018. I wasn't initially taken with the S650 when I saw it at the Sep 14, 2022? reveal in Detroit, MI. I had these initial reactions - 1) "Ah shoot, stupid giant IPad dash," 2) "Looks like a Chevy Camaro in the rear and a Honda Accord in the front," 3) "Dark Horse? What kind of name is that?"

However, Vapor Blue Metallic immediately caught my eye...so I studied it. Over and over again, I kept reading about what Ford was committing to this car. I did like the "Let's go racing" theme from the Ford Performance group. One year later, here I am with one :cool:

My topline impressions -
1) I like the styling evolution from the S550 and color contrast on the Dark Horse exterior and wheels, as well as the blue interior highlights.
2) I absolutely adore the stock exhaust sound.
3) I wasn't sure if I would take to the Recaros, but I definitely find they add to the experience, and I don't have issues with the bigger side bolsters even though I fit snugly in them (I'm 6'2", 218lbs, 36" waist, generally wear XL or 2XL shirts). I did try the Recaros in an S550 Mach 1 before choosing this option.
4) I feel an acceleration difference that's quicker than my '19 Bullitt (a lot probably attributed to the Tremec gearing compared to the Getrag).
5) Shift action is more firm than in the Bullitt (I think it's different but not necessarily better; I actually am OK with them both).
6) The screens are ergonomically placed, and I've adapted to viewing them when seated. It doesn't look as "tacked on" when behind the screen.
7) The Magneride definitely works nicely with the firmer suspension; there's less rebound than the standard Performance Pack 1 of the '19 Bullitt, so it feels more planted.
8) I got about 340 miles out of the first tank of premium gas when I drove it back from MI to OH after delivery and then around town for a day.
9) I don't notice any fit and finish issues or engine noises (my '19 Bullitt has the 2K rattle, which has lessened over time)
10 Did I metnion I absolutely love the Vapor Blue Metallic?

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this car. I paid MSRP, which I still think is a bit high for the content, however, I recognize the S550 Mach 1 was not that far off in the pricing. Because I ordered the base model with just a single option, I am OK with the content for the price. Ford obviously took good things from the last gen for a more track focused driving experience and melded it into this special edition.

I don't plan on modifying the car. It will be a street driver with the occasional autocross or road course driving experience. I considered the Handling Package, but for the way I plan to drive this, I decided to not get that option. It is an awesome option though!

Congratulations to all those who took delivery, and good luck to those waiting. I sincerely hope you get to experience this car sooner rather than later.

Dark Horse 3 Quarters Front 9 19 2023.jpg

Dark Horse Door Sill 9 19 2023.jpg

Dark Horse R0075 9 19 2023.jpg

Tony and Christie Dark Horse 9 19 2023.jpg

Tony with Dark Horse 9 19 2023.jpg
Congratulations Tony, a lot to enjoy there!

R3AL3ST8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Vette Grand Sport, 21 Ram 1500 Limited.
I finally was able to take ownership of my ordered 2024 Dark Horse on Tuesday, September 19, 2023, a day after my 58th birthday. I still have a 2019 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green that I got on Sep 7, 2018. I wasn't initially taken with the S650 when I saw it at the Sep 14, 2022? reveal in Detroit, MI. I had these initial reactions - 1) "Ah shoot, stupid giant IPad dash," 2) "Looks like a Chevy Camaro in the rear and a Honda Accord in the front," 3) "Dark Horse? What kind of name is that?"

However, Vapor Blue Metallic immediately caught my eye...so I studied it. Over and over again, I kept reading about what Ford was committing to this car. I did like the "Let's go racing" theme from the Ford Performance group. One year later, here I am with one :cool:

My topline impressions -
1) I like the styling evolution from the S550 and color contrast on the Dark Horse exterior and wheels, as well as the blue interior highlights.
3) I wasn't sure if I would take to the Recaros, but I definitely find they add to the experience, and I don't have issues with the bigger side bolsters even though I fit snugly in them (I'm 6'2", 218lbs, 36" waist, generally wear XL or 2XL shirts). I did try the Recaros in an S550 Mach 1 before choosing this option.
4) I feel an acceleration difference that's quicker than my '19 Bullitt (a lot probably attributed to the Tremec gearing compared to the Getrag).
5) Shift action is more firm than in the Bullitt (I think it's different but not necessarily better; I actually am OK with them both).
6) The screens are ergonomically placed, and I've adapted to viewing them when seated. It doesn't look as "tacked on" when behind the screen.
7) The Magneride definitely works nicely with the firmer suspension; there's less rebound than the standard Performance Pack 1 of the '19 Bullitt, so it feels more planted.
8) I got about 340 miles out of the first tank of premium gas when I drove it back from MI to OH after delivery and then around town for a day.
9) I don't notice any fit and finish issues or engine noises (my '19 Bullitt has the 2K rattle, which has lessened over time)

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this car. I paid MSRP, which I still think is a bit high for the content, however, I recognize the S550 Mach 1 was not that far off in the pricing. Because I ordered the base model with just a single option, I am OK with the content for the price. Ford obviously took good things from the last gen for a more track focused driving experience and melded it into this special edition.

I don't plan on modifying the car. It will be a street driver with the occasional autocross or road course driving experience. I considered the Handling Package, but for the way I plan to drive this, I decided to not get that option. It is an awesome option though!

Congratulations to all those who took delivery, and good luck to those waiting. I sincerely hope you get to experience this car sooner rather than later.

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for the thorough comparison to your Bullitt. Very informative. 😎👍👍

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Only thing I've found so far that isn't as expected is that the DH logo puddle lights don't operate. Other than that, I've got over 600 miles on it now.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Hi Tony. Congratulations on getting your awesome Dark Horse. May you drive it in good health for many many years to come. :clap: :like:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I finally was able to take ownership of my ordered 2024 Mustang Dark Horse on Tuesday, September 19, 2023, a day after my 58th birthday. I still have a 2019 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green that I got on Sep 7, 2018. I wasn't initially taken with the S650 when I saw it at the Sep 14, 2022, reveal in Detroit, MI. I had these initial reactions - 1) "Ah shoot, stupid giant IPad dash," 2) "Looks like a Chevy Camaro in the rear and a Honda Accord in the front," 3) "Dark Horse? What kind of name is that?"

My topline impressions -
7) The MagneRide definitely works nicely with the firmer suspension; there's less rebound than the standard Performance Pack 1 of the '19 Bullitt, so it feels more planted.

Wow, that is a beautiful Mustang! 🔥Thank you for sharing and for being part of the Ford family, Tony!

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
Looks great! I’m seriously contemplating canceling my GT order and ordering a base DH, 6 speed. The fact it’s track ready, with the coolers and testing out of the box is very enticing.

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! I’m seriously contemplating canceling my GT order and ordering a base DH, 6 speed. The fact it’s track ready, with the coolers and testing out of the box is very enticing.
The price difference between a GT Premium with Performance Pack was in consideration with this. Track ready and 500 hp sealed the deal 😀

You do miss out details like aluminum pedal covers, puddle lights, approach lights, some of the interior color and materials of the Premium, but the powertrain, suspension, cooling, upgraded front brake rotors, and additional power and Tremec transmission offset that for me.

Good luck in your decision!

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing I've found so far that isn't as expected is that the DH logo puddle lights don't operate. Other than that, I've got over 600 miles on it now.
This should be known as "How you know you got a 600A base interior option..." There are no puddle lights - hahaha!

Also how you know you have 600A
- no approach lighting on the headlights
- no aluminum pedal covers
- minimum blue interior accents on the doors

I've just gone over 1000 miles and had a trip up to 7000RPM on the engine. What a hoot.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Absolute stunner of a Mustang there. Congrats

OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the car dynoed and weighed a few weeks back. The power output looks consistent with other S650 5.0L cars, meaning the peak numbers would appear less than expected. However, the people looking at the dropoff thought the car, without the slight power reduction at the 7250 RPM point, would show more like 420-430. I haven't really looked deeply into what people have found, so take what was said with a grain of salt.

The weight was a surprise (in a good way)...the car had a 1/2 tank of gas, which should account for 48lbs (8 gal @ 6 lbs/gal). Thus, 3909 lbs minus 48lbs leaves it at 3861 lbs.

S650 Mustang 2024 Dark Horse Vapor Blue Metallic (600A, manual, Recaro seats) - Cincinnati, OH 1712892005072-kd

S650 Mustang 2024 Dark Horse Vapor Blue Metallic (600A, manual, Recaro seats) - Cincinnati, OH 20240328_142123_resize35

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dyno in 5th gear...

S650 Mustang 2024 Dark Horse Vapor Blue Metallic (600A, manual, Recaro seats) - Cincinnati, OH 2024 Mustang Dark Horse R0075 dyno at power

S650 Mustang 2024 Dark Horse Vapor Blue Metallic (600A, manual, Recaro seats) - Cincinnati, OH 2024 Mustang Dark Horse R0075 dyno at speed

S650 Mustang 2024 Dark Horse Vapor Blue Metallic (600A, manual, Recaro seats) - Cincinnati, OH 20240328_132113_resize35

S650 Mustang 2024 Dark Horse Vapor Blue Metallic (600A, manual, Recaro seats) - Cincinnati, OH 20240328_133143_resize35
Sponsored