• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun210 wagon, 92 240SX, 08 Evo, 20 Mustang GT
Now I understand why people from the US are bragging about driving stick like it's rocket science LOL.
Yeah, we Americans who learn to shift our own gears tend to do so after we've had a lot of time in an automatic car.

Also, because our country has so much land area and very little public transportation, in most cities you have to have a car to get around. We have relatively few cities where you can go to work or the grocery store without a car. We say "Driving is a privilege, not a right" and then in practice it's damn near mandatory, the driving tests are pretty damn easy, and you never have to retest.
(Seriously, I was really nervous about my driving test, and then I was like "Wait, that's all there is to it? Drive around the block and back to the office?" And then thought "Why do people ask each other how many tries it took?!?")
...So, we have a lot of people driving not because they liked the idea, but because they have to. Those people look at manual transmissions and go "Ugh, that looks like work."
They also pay disturbingly little attention to driving, because it's not what they want to do with their time.
Then, if you get them started talking about cars, they'll carry on as if they're experts and driving a slushbox makes them smarter than manual owners. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter. Are going to learn stick on my DH. This is going to be interesting. They have no clue that I'm getting this car.
I taught my daughter how to drive a stick on my 2013 GT500. My neighbors were so glad when she finally got the hang of moving from a dead stop. There were a lot of burnouts being unintentionally performed at all the stop signs šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
OP you have a beautiful car!! Congrats and enjoy

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Now I understand why people from the US are bragging about driving stick like it's rocket science LOL.
I donā€™t know if anybody bragging about driving a stick shift. Iā€™ve been driving them since I was 16, and my boys have known how to drive them since they were young. Just kids these days donā€™t know how to drive them, and thatā€™s fine with me. Thatā€™s my security pkg

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
here is the ā€œDialā€ from my 2020 GT500. Wasnā€™t that big of a deal. Got used to pretty easily
IMG_9271.png
How flimsy was it? Could you wiggle it around. I have come across a lot of dials where it feels like if I wiggle it hard enough, I could pull it out.

mvic1518

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 boss 302 and 2015 WW LE 2016 Shelby GT350
Are you happy with the appearance of the stock seats? I changed mine to the Recaro's and second guessing my decision now.

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter. Are going to learn stick on my DH. This is going to be interesting. They have no clue that I'm getting this car.
They will be fine. My (then) 17 year old daughter learned to drive on my manual 2019 GT with a track suspension. These modern gearboxes are so easy there's really nothing to worry about. It will even hold the car stationary when you are stopped in an uphill. Rev match for downshifts...pedal and shifter are so smooth. I think anyone can pretty much self-teach in a half hour if they know the sequence of the steps to change gears.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
They will be fine. My (then) 17 year old daughter learned to drive on my manual 2019 GT with a track suspension. These modern gearboxes are so easy there's really nothing to worry about. It will even hold the car stationary when you are stopped in an uphill. Rev match for downshifts...pedal and shifter are so smooth. I think anyone can pretty much self-teach in a half hour if they know the sequence of the steps to change gears.
Wow! I was worried about teaching my kids (oldest 18, then 5 after him every 2 years) on my DH because it was Hell to teach my wife on my new 2000! I had to teach her on my 95 Jeep because there was enough play in it to teach a new driver and the Stang was way too tight (both the gear box and the clutch engagement). When I get my 3/28/23 ordered DH in 2036 šŸ˜€, I may be willing to take the chance and teach my kids on it then.

Reactions: JAL
OP
OP

VA_DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum BAP PowerBoost
Are you happy with the appearance of the stock seats? I changed mine to the Recaro's and second guessing my decision now.
Yes, they look great and are more comfortable. I have no regrets not getting Recaros.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
What's this black magic about being able to hold a car stationary? Been a hot minute since I owned a stick.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
How flimsy was it? Could you wiggle it around. I have come across a lot of dials where it feels like if I wiggle it hard enough, I could pull it out.
It was very robust, no issues.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
What's this black magic about being able to hold a car stationary? Been a hot minute since I owned a stick.
Hill start assist. It senses an incline and holds the vehicle while you transition from brake to gas. It's even on many automatics

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
One of driver aids (which you can disable) is called "hill start assist". You can look it up in Ford literature. I just learned that automatic cars also had it.
Sponsored