• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Never seen one
2023 GT500. And I believe it was the only way you could get it that year. It's just wrong in a car like that.

S650 Mustang Blue Ember Dark Horse arrived! Screenshot_20230831_125911_Chrome
Sponsored

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
I sat in a 2018 GT350 with Recaros and also didn't care for them. I also sat in a 2022 Mach 1 with the cloth seats and much preferred them. l stayed with the cloth and from the looks of them I am happy with my choice.

If I had had any idea that my Dark Horse wouldn't have been delivered for so long, I would have bought the Mach 1 and enjoyed it until Ford got my Dark Horse built.

Good luck as you make your final decision.
Thank you. Iā€™m actually contemplating that same thing. Iā€™m allocation number
I sat in a 2018 GT350 with Recaros and also didn't care for them. I also sat in a 2022 Mach 1 with the cloth seats and much preferred them. l stayed with the cloth and from the looks of them I am happy with my choice.

If I had had any idea that my Dark Horse wouldn't have been delivered for so long, I would have bought the Mach 1 and enjoyed it until Ford got my Dark Horse built.

Good luck as you make your final decision.
Thanks! I am thinking of doing the same thing. Iā€™m number 4 of 4 allocations for MSRP at the dealership. Number 1 hasnā€™t been scheduled yet. I bet itā€™s a long time before my number gets pulled.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Thank you. Iā€™m actually contemplating that same thing. Iā€™m allocation number

Thanks! I am thinking of doing the same thing. Iā€™m number 4 of 4 allocations for MSRP at the dealership. Number 1 hasnā€™t been scheduled yet. I bet itā€™s a long time before my number gets pulled.
I was supposed to have been the first of 3 allocations at my dealer, but I am beginning to believe that they actually didn't have an allocation and just said that to get my order. I am still Unscheduled as well.

OP
OP

VA_DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum BAP PowerBoost
There have been some questions about any Owner's kit shipped with the Dark Horse. Could you tell us if that is true and what it might contain?

Also did it come with a catch can as the PDI says?
The only thing I see is the tire inflator/seal kit and a towing eye hook.

OP
OP

VA_DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum BAP PowerBoost
The only thing I see is the tire inflator/seal kit and a towing eye hook.
Also, the only mention of a catch can I see in the manual is under Track Use. It says "if equipped". Maybe you get it if you optioned the Handling Pack?

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Also, the only mention of a catch can I see in the manual is under Track Use. It says "if equipped". Maybe you get it if you optioned the Handling Pack?
Good catch. That very well may be.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
My 23 year old son and 21 year old daughter. Are going to learn stick on my DH. This is going to be interesting. They have no clue that I'm getting this car.
Same. Have 25, 23, 21, 20 yr olds to teach, figured would be a sin to not enable that skill just in case. They do know I am getting it though because I won't shut up about it.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Now I understand why people from the US are bragging about driving stick like it's rocket science LOL.
I have been driving a stick from the time I learned to drive about 1968 and have never owned an automatic. I do occasionally drive other peoples cars and find myself reaching for the clutch or shift lever.
It's actually so bad here that you hear stories of carjackers trying to steal a car only to discover they can't get it in gear because they never used a clutch. Never thought a manual transmission would become an anti theft device.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I have been driving a stick from the time I learned to drive about 1968 and have never owned an automatic. I do occasionally drive other peoples cars and find myself reaching for the clutch or shift lever.
It's actually so bad here that you hear stories of carjackers trying to steal a car only to discover they can't get it in gear because they never used a clutch. Never thought a manual transmission would become an anti theft device.
Thatā€™s why I wanted one too. šŸ˜‚actually hubby said canā€™t have a muscle car with an automatic. I have been driving them since I was 16. This guy had a new roadrunner and he let us drive it. I was only girl old enough to drive and I had no idea how to drive one, so I put my foot on clutch and friend shifted. Donā€™t remember where we left the guy, but he was stupid to let us take it. šŸ˜‚ now I am a pro

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, 2006 F150
A piece of me inside dies when I see someone opt out for tremec and that shift knob šŸ˜‚ for that automatic massive eye sore šŸ¤®
These people are literally killing the TREMEC and the hopes and dreams of all GT MT buyers of ever getting one.
Sponsored