• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Convertible Antenna - Want to replace it - What are the options?

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Waiting for my Vapor Blue GT Conv to be built in September. The more I see the antenna on the back corner, I like it less, and less. I don't listen to AM/FM at all, don't want that longer antenna sitting there for no reason. I know there are smaller 'bullets' that were used for past models. Hoping they fit the '24 models. Has anyone heard anything on the options that may already be produced as a replacement or a plug?
Sponsored

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible

squad0014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Same thoughts here. I’m thinking of 3d printing a plastic part that would screw in the antenna’s spot to make it waterproof

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Same thoughts here. I’m thinking of 3d printing a plastic part that would screw in the antenna’s spot to make it waterproof
Patent it and make a mint!!!

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I’ll take one….

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
I think I'm going with this 2 inch Stubby antenna I found on Amazon. I could care less about reception and this car will never go through a car wash so I'm not concerned about that either. There is an antenna delete I saw on Amazon as well but its $20 for essentially a screw in plastic cap.

S650 Mustang 2024 Convertible Antenna - Want to replace it - What are the options? 1690126817169

OP
OP
JohnP

JohnP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have seen these stubby antennas. I am hoping they actually fit the new Mustang. Most of the ones online say they fit various model years but they haven't formally said 2024. Once the car is delivered to the dealer I'm going to order a few of them from Amazon and see which fits the best.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Why is this just on the convertible? Seems like the simplest thing for them to do would have been to just relocate whatever is on the coupe's roof to this rear quarter area.

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm going with this 2 inch Stubby antenna I found on Amazon. I could care less about reception and this car will never go through a car wash so I'm not concerned about that either. There is an antenna delete I saw on Amazon as well but its $20 for essentially a screw in plastic cap.

1690126817169.png
I had one of these on my '12 Mustang. The reception wasn't bad when I tried it, but I mostly listen to XM. It's all about where you live and how far/flat to your favorite broadcast antenna.

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Why is this just on the convertible? Seems like the simplest thing for them to do would have been to just relocate whatever is on the coupe's roof to this rear quarter area.
That would be a shark fin type antenna. At best, I think the trunk top and not the quarter panel.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I believe the coupe am/fm antenna is in the rear glass. This is obviously a problem in the convertible when the top is down. So they went to a whip antenna so the reception doesn’t change top up or down. It’s a pretty common method.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I believe the coupe am/fm antenna is in the rear glass. This is obviously a problem in the convertible when the top is down. So they went to a whip antenna so the reception doesn’t change top up or down. It’s a pretty common method.
Not the glass but the shark fin.
S650 Mustang 2024 Convertible Antenna - Want to replace it - What are the options? Screenshot_2023-07-23-18-57-34-23_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I'll continue to monitor this thread for solutions to the miserable rear antenna. Anything would be an improvement over the stock antenna. Something tells me there will be some much better aftermarket options introduced shortly. I'd be happy to trade am/fm reception quality for appearance. Like many, I rarely listen to the radio anymore.
Sponsored