• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Jason’s working BEV
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
^lol

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert
I’m starting to think I should wait for a 2020 ...hmmm. I wonder how much the hybrid will cost me ?

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
If it is a 400 HP or equivalent performance 0-60 and 1/4 mile 32MPG or up, north of 40k would be for me. If they just come out with a hybrid that gets upper 13's, it will likely fail regardless of how much fuel you save. You know it's going to be more expensive than current model, so Ford really has to come on strong with performance. If they do, it would be a monster.

I cannot justify getting a v8, but a hybrid with the gas millage of a current ecoboost that can do 1/4 mile in low to mid 13's stock would be awesome.

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert
If it is a 400 HP or equivalent performance 0-60 and 1/4 mile 32MPG or up, north of 40k would be for me. If they just come out with a hybrid that gets upper 13's, it will likely fail regardless of how much fuel you save.

40k ? Ouch.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
If it is a 400 HP or equivalent performance 0-60 and 1/4 mile 32MPG or up, north of 40k would be for me. If they just come out with a hybrid that gets upper 13's, it will likely fail regardless of how much fuel you save. You know it's going to be more expensive than current model, so Ford really has to come on strong with performance. If they do, it would be a monster.

I cannot justify getting a v8, but a hybrid with the gas millage of a current ecoboost that can do 1/4 mile in low to mid 13's stock would be awesome.
My guess it’s that will have a similar performance than the Mustang GT (let’s say 4 Second 0-60’s and 12 Second 1/4 mile) and similar MPG than the Ecoboost Mustang (how much is the Ecoboost getting?) at a similar price than the GT350 Mustang (around 55k) :lol:

:ford:
BEVERLY? As in code name 'Beverly'?:ninja:
P702, CXnnn, P552, u55x, p558, spill the beans?:paddle:
No one will know... hardly anyone on this thread.:thumbsup:
BEV as in Battery Electric Vehicle :gossip:

(I would know, since I know all the codenames you just covered :ninja:)

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 Mustang 2021 MUSTANG (S650) - 7th Generation Mustang Confirmed 2_A

I really like it, too. But then I'm an S197 owner and that, to me, looks like what an evolution of the S197 might have looked like.

I don't think Ford will play the retro look again though.....although certain things I'd like to see return, like the hockey stick side design. But the '22MY needs to have a modern look, whilst still keeping a few traditional cues.

I'd also like to see a return of the "dorito" rear 3/4 window......that is a very unique Mustang look. I don't think it'll happen though.
Looks great to me, but again Ford will not go backward to a very S197 look. That would have been the S550 if anything, not the Gen7. But I feel Mustang folks would have had the same comments as Camaro 6G, too similar in overall shape to the last gen had this one been the 6G Mustang.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my opinion, but that seems like a 90's concept. Sorry I know how much you love it

This is not bad. Similar to what we have now and has that Aston Martin vibe. But it's too soft.

I want aggresive evolution of the current form. These are the examples I always point to.
I like the aggressive design, but this is way to Camaro bunker like. Please make it livable.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't make me get out the M6G thumbscrews :paddle:

:p
Go get 'em Turbo. We did not have this conversation. In 6 seconds, this post will self destruct. :ninja:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Some interesting information that was pointed out to me.....

Does this mean Carl Widmann (current Mustang Chief Engineer) is being replaced? As I'm sure you know, Carl Widmann took over from Dave Pericak (Dave was Mustang Chief Engineer for the '15 S550......Carl then took over and delivered the '18 refresh)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-m-f-celentino-a8aa5814

Chief Program Engineer S650 Program
Ford Motor Company
May 2017 – Present (1 year 1 month)Dearborn, Michigan

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring