• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Tell Ford to change it if you don’t like it. Chances are it was a fan-pick anyway…

R-Package GT or GT.R

Cobra

Mach III

Boss
Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I love everything about the Dark Horse, except the dumb name. This is the one to have folks. 500+ hp NA Coyote with the Tremec or A10. The front end is sooo much better than the GT, just not too sure about the black trim below the headlights. I'm still not a fan of the rear end but the diffuser improves it.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Still not sure about the base GT (although I don't really love the base GT in the current gen, either, in certain configurations), but these Dark Horse trims look gorgeous... I hope the name doesn't imply that they have to be purchased in lame, boring dark paint colors, though (forgive my laziness if this info is in the press release).

Didn’t take long to up the Mach 1. Numbers are impressive.

just not a fan of the exterior/interior (namely the screen). And the stripes on the DH add even more to the camaroishness.
What numbers? Did they release any HP or curb weight numbers I missed? Or performance numbers? Not that I'm doubting it'll be quicker than the Mach 1, just didn't see any hard numbers yet.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I just found out that the Trofeo RS tires look to be the first of their kind and have a 100tw rating which is INTENSE. That's a massive deal. This thing is here to put up insane numbers. It'll probably run rings around the Mach 1 just thanks to the tires.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I love everything about the Dark Horse, except the dumb name. This is the one to have folks. 500+ hp NA Coyote with the Tremec or A10. The front end is sooo much better than the GT, just not too sure about the black trim below the headlights. I'm still not a fan of the rear end but the diffuser improves it.
Agreed. The name is awful and the badges are juvenile imo.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
I like everything about it (specially the "easy-to-change-pads Brembos f/r), except for the stupid continuation of slightly (10mm) wider tires/wheels front to back.

Why do they do this. Give me a square setup 305s all around or whatever, so I can easily rotate tires (save $$$ on track) and these cars all understeer anyway.

I also like to carry a full size spare - nothing worse than getting a flat when you are 200 miles from home on a track with these difficult to find tires.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Hope that's a typo. Why such a drastic reduction in rotor size for one of the most supposed track worthy Mustangs ever?

It is a typo the front rotors at 15.4" (390mm).

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I just found out that the Trofeo RS tires look to be the first of their kind and have a 100tw rating which is INTENSE. That's a massive deal. This thing is here to put up insane numbers. It'll probably run rings around the Mach 1 just thanks to the tires.
We don't have Weight though so wouldn't be so sure.
Edit:
Actually we now do have weight it's around 30 kg lighter than Mach 1 so yeah with tires and 20 hp more it will be a bit faster than a Mach 1.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You have legendary names like Boss, Mach-1 and Cobra at your disposal.

So you call it Dark Horse 🤪

That was my initial thought. I'm a sucker for Mustang's heritage, but it brings baggage. Just look at when the S550 Mach 1 was launched......"no shaker....its not a Mach 1"......."it's just a rebadged Bullitt"......

The Dark Horse can be its own thing.

I want one!

SUPRDUDE7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Red Fire GT Shaker 1000
I personally like the Dark Horse name and badging. I think it's by far my favorite model. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers but I like that they are thinking outside the box. They've used the names like Bullitt, Mach 1, Boss, Cobra to death. Don't get me wrong, I love all those names and who knows, they still may use those for other variants. But lets add some new life to the line up. Nobody in the Dodge camp got mad when they introduced the Hellcat moniker. Hell, half of the Mustang community didn't want them to change from the Fox Body. lol

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
The one benefit of using the Dark Horse moniker is because it has no legacy tied to it, there shouldn't be any of the obscene markups that would typically accompany it since the boomers don't know what it is.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
This is the one I want.

raidernixon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 & 16 Mustang GT; 20 GT500 CFTP; 21 Mach 1
I wonder if the non-street legal DHS and DHR will be sold direct from Ford Performance, or if one will have to go through a blood sucking dealer for those. I'm sure the ADMs on the street DH will be legendary.

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS (sold)
They should have called it Night Mare instead of Dark Horse. Would have been so much cooler.

That being said, I'm going to have to take a look in the piggy bank and see if I can scrounge up the change for one of these or if I have to 'settle' for a performance pack GT.

I'll be the coolest dude in his early 40s in the neighborhood!