• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
I'm definitely not diggin' that screen like some of you here. I feel if they wanted to go all digital, they could have done better than gluing an ultrawide gaming monitor to the dash.

What do I think would work better? Porsche 911 dash. Integrated screen(s). They actually have a few similar design elements. I'd post a picture, but I'm too stupid.

Other than that, the S650 looks pretty good. Some pros and cons for sure, but overall a nice car. Let's just pray the price doesn't sky rocket to the moon anymore than it has.

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I'm definitely not diggin' that screen like some of you here. I feel if they wanted to go all digital, they could have done better than gluing an ultrawide gaming monitor to the dash.

What do I think would work better? Porsche 911 dash. Integrated screen(s). They actually have a few similar design elements. I'd post a picture, but I'm too stupid.

Other than that, the S650 looks pretty good. Some pros and cons for sure, but overall a nice car. Let's just pray the price doesn't sky rocket to the moon anymore than it has.
100% agree. I don't mind digital dashes at all, and the newest generation of 911 is a perfect example of how to execute a digital dash. It should be integrated and flow with the rest of the dash. I CANNOT stand the glued on tablet look. It's so out of place and tacky looking.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I wonder if Ford fixed the burn-in problem for OLED displays?
OLED burning in really hasn't been an issue for YEARS now. Welcome to 2012. OLED screens will easily last 5/6+yrs which is more than enough for warranties which is all they have to care about. which is more than enough for warranty, past that, why should they care? Most people get a new car in that time anyway. If not, then they will sell you a new screen.

More than likely they would use a cheaper Mini-LED display than OLED.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I did zoom in and we do get in fact heated and maybe cooled Recaros. The lines and the extra thin perforation is clearly visible around the heating stripes.
In addition, the leather or fake leather looks much nicer than in an S550. Stitching is solid and can hopefully be ordered in different colours. However, based on these pictures ther's still a lot of cheap plastic... It has this carbon-mesh look but it's still plastic ... Better than piano though... I would hope for aftermarket parts that can black out the vents

Besides, those afterburners are indeed an amazing option... Unnecessary to highlight those but these days everything has to be made for complete morons to use...
This inspired me to look closer. There are heated and cooled seat buttons in the infotainment cluster (bottom row, far left and right)

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
If it has dual intakes, logic would suggest a freer flowing exhaust system also.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
I like the interior but I do think that huge screen will get dated faster. I do not like the taillights. I think overall it should be a decent car though. My biggest are concerns are more about them adding more emission controls to the car and making the exhaust quieter. I already can see they added start stop feature which the last generation did not have.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
That huge touch screen kills it for me.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I like the interior but I do think that huge screen will get dated faster. I do not like the taillights. I think overall it should be a decent car though. My biggest are concerns are more about them adding more emission controls to the car and making the exhaust quieter. I already can see they added start stop feature which the last generation did not have.
You should take a listen to some of the videos posted of the car at cars and coffee. It sounds absolutely fine.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
This is how I wish the dash would have been integrated. A much cleaner look as opposed to the stuck on tablet look.
2022-porsche-911-carrera-dashboard-carbuzz-898057.jpg
This I like. But like Joe I'm an analogue man.