• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shadowdraxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 22GT
Wha ignore that its my first post in the 7G but here is where I'm at.

Two weeks ago I got a 22GT and I love it knowing full well the new guy was coming and for me its going to work perfectly and heres why:

1. Price, word so far is 50k entry price for the GT so with most things we all like 60k in todays market.
2. Availability, in the market expect BIG markups and I hope you all get them for the MSRP but they will be hard to find till 24 I reckon which works to...
3. I'll order one for 25 delivery which mine will be about 3 years old and all the first cars kinks and any build issues are sorted.
4. The changes are milder than I expected us S550 ppl can get that steering wheel and the updated emblems and I personally am really happy about where I am and the Mustang in general.

Regardless of opinions props to Ford to keep going with the awesome NA V8 when everyone else has given up on them.

Those of you that are first in line are REALLY going to enjoy this new coyote for sure!
Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Heated/cooled Recaros….. it’s about freakin time Ford lol

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
You should take a listen to some of the videos posted of the car at cars and coffee. It sounds absolutely fine.
Yea I won`t get to caught up on those videos. Won`t surprise me if the actual production car was little quieter but they just wanted to create hype.

The current active exhaust on the mustangs already fails new California sound laws.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
So are we to assume that the Area 51 coloured GT has the new black package? If so, the PP wing and M4-like wheels are a nice touch for what used to be a really affordable option. That or maybe you can option the black package on the PP now...

And yeah. I totally forgot what the black package is actually called now...

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
The additional pictures do look pretty cool - particularly the interior. Love the steering wheel. I may order something similar from Guardian designs for my current car.

Better look at the taillights, too.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They look nothing like each other. If you had to draw a similarity, you could say that someone took the time to fix the Camaro — by scrapping and redesigning the whole thing. The mustang still has great flowing lines, good visibility and looks cohesive. Unlike that busy, confused, disjointed Camaro.
I come from an industrial design training and background. We often always discuss car design, it's part of the business. Car design spawns from Industrial design itself.

There's a certain element of subjectivity, but this type of discussion boils down to the following - overall, there are one of 3 ways people look at cars when it comes to resemblance:
1. Down to the literal design or component detail
2. The higher level overall form and what it suggests
3. A mixture of 1 and 2

In the pic I used where it shows the Camaro, (or any other pic of that gen) no detail is "the same". And yes, the cars are totally different, down to the detail level, if you want to get to every angle, crease, element.

However, zoom out of that thinking and if you look at the rear haunch, for example, on that Camaro, the upkick of the haunch crease, how that interacts with the 3/4 upckick window; now, on the new S650, its own haunch design, and new 3/4 window upkick, which is a departure in execution from S550, the general feeling of the form in this area of real estate, it's similar. They are not the same. They are similar, as a general form. In design, we like to say "squint your eyes and step back a few" as way to describe looking at form, and not the detail of design. I could use other examples from my post you replied to, but this post is already too long. You can use this principle in other areas, and other views.

Forget my take on it - there are plenty others who see Camaro resemblance (again, resemblance is NOT the same as identical) on this thread alone. Some folks, aren't able to zoom out visually and sort of see things at the level I've described, it's an ability, not right, not wrong, just some don't have it. Again, there's also an element of subjectivity.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Love the front.

Side and rear look very Camaro-ish. Could possibly be a strategy to appeal to Camaro owners now that Chevy is giving it the axe.

That digital dash is going to be a sun-glare nightmare.
i wouldn’t worry about the dash. It’s almost the exact same thing Mercedes’ is doing and there is no glare problem.

I have a bmw with a similar dash. Zero glare.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base, 2011 Mustang GT Brembo (sold and dearly missed)
Well, I have to say that I love it. I’m way too deep into my 2020 to even think about trading up but the styling on the S650 is quite nice to my eye.

Those saying it looks like a Camaro are right IMO but that’s a good thing. I love the last gen Camaro (from the outside).

Reactions: DRB

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
They look nothing like each other. If you had to draw a similarity, you could say that someone took the time to fix the Camaro — by scrapping and redesigning the whole thing. The mustang still has great flowing lines, good visibility and looks cohesive. Unlike that busy, confused, disjointed Camaro.
Clearly you can see some similar design elements in the rear part of the car. But you are just being difficult.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
They stole the tail lights from the Mach E?????

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
First of all, the base model EB is the sharpest, cleanest base car the Mustang ever had.

Second, this is the absolute greatest 3/4 stance a Mustang has had, ever.

S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 3F1E7E7E-D69F-4279-ABAA-B0646C8F15DC

S650 Mustang ⚠️ LEAKED S650 Mustang Images & Rumored Specs!! [New Shots & Engine Image Added] 705E02E6-1C73-420E-99B0-56B42A578DC4

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
And yeah. I totally forgot what the black package is actually called now...
Cinder Pony, Ash horse, Charcoal Charlie, black night of death. Grim Reaper edition. Or with copyright infringments with Disney, The Black Stallion.
Sponsored