• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Got My GT!

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Picked it up yesterday late afternoon. Drove straight home, about 7 miles on paved roads. I forgot to add in the Gorilla tape in the front wheel well holes.
Fun drive though. Going to have to get used to a very different clutch that the WRX.
I put my 5 amp battery tender (for AGM batteries) on this morning at 7:00AM. Battery needed charging based on the indicators! While that was going on, I installed my white Bullitt manual shift knob. Looks great against the black upholstery and interior. I also installed the UPR Catch Can (dirty side only). That was a challenge due to tight spaces, the Strut Tower Brace, and the fact that I'm not mechanically inclined :crying: - computers, I'm your man. :like:
After charging for three hours, I took the charger off and located my key fob "out of range" of the car and then measured the parasitic current draw off the battery - nothing turned on. I was surprised it measured 400ma (.4 Amp). This is what may be causing all the computer alerts due to a "non optimum" battery charge. I will measure again after the battery is fully charged.
Sorry for the delay. I wanted to do the DIYVan.com fix for the front wheel well holes. It was a bit of a challenge for me as I have a bad back. Getting up and down from the garage floor was a pain - literally. However, I got it done and this morning the fix looks great. One note. The car had 9 miles on it from the dealer. It has 19 miles on it now. ALL of that driving was on dry paved roads. While I was test fitting the DIYVan fixes, I banged on the belly pan covers. Sure enough, I heard the sound of sand/small stones. Fortunately very minor.
I have attached ONE measly picture for now to show the catch can installation and the 5 amp NOCO Genius charger/maintainer on the battery. The car has been on the charger for almost 24 hours and is almost fully charged. I'll take more pictures in about an hour when the sun is up a bit more.

S650 Mustang Got My GT! Catch Can

CMcA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Congratulations , at last! Ditto regarding pictures and please keep the information flowing

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
the 5 amp NOCO Genius charger/maintainer on the battery.

Catch Can.jpg
Speaking of the charger, you have the positive clip attached to the fuse box line and negative to clip on airbox? This is working?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking of the charger, you have the positive clip attached to the fuse box line and negative to clip on airbox? This is working?
Ford "nicely" put a Positive connection point under that red plastic cap next to the fuse box. The negative clamp is attached to a protruding bolt (longer than the others) near the strut tower. It looks like an obvious negative side connection for charging or jumping. Yes, it is working.
BTW: Thank you for your service. My wife is retired Army as well.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Ford "nicely" put a Positive connection point under that red plastic cap next to the fuse box. The negative clamp is attached to a protruding bolt (longer than the others) near the strut tower. It looks like an obvious negative side connection for charging or jumping. Yes, it is working.
BTW: Thank you for your service. My wife is retired Army as well.
Hmm, interesting 🤔 I too have the negative on the long skinny bolt, but have been taking off the battery cover/hood to get to the positive battery terminal....PITA. Gotta check out your way. :thumbsup:

GT-24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized Grey,401A,Active Exhaust, Brembo,Auto
Hmm, interesting 🤔 I too have the negative on the long skinny bolt, but have been taking off the battery cover/hood to get to the positive battery terminal....PITA. Gotta check out your way. :thumbsup:
DCS’s way is considered correct. Way within the bowels of the owners manual I read this is an acceptable way, so the battery cover does not have to be taken off (also you can jump start this way) had been taking the cover also. I plan to do a plug and charge, by permanently addling a maintenance charger cable to the battery.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Sorry for the delay. I wanted to do the DIYVan.com fix for the front wheel well holes. It was a bit of a challenge for me as I have a bad back. Getting up and down from the garage floor was a pain - literally. However, I got it done and this morning the fix looks great. One note. The car had 9 miles on it from the dealer. It has 19 miles on it now. ALL of that driving was on dry paved roads. While I was test fitting the DIYVan fixes, I banged on the belly pan covers. Sure enough, I heard the sound of sand/small stones. Fortunately very minor.
I have attached ONE measly picture for now to show the catch can installation and the 5 amp NOCO Genius charger/maintainer on the battery. The car has been on the charger for almost 24 hours and is almost fully charged. I'll take more pictures in about an hour when the sun is up a bit more.

Catch Can.jpg
Again congrats on getting the car. Did you clean out the stones/sand that you heard banging around in there before doing the 'fix?' If so did you remove the covers to get everything cleaned out? Someone else had mentioned that in order to remove the covers you need to either have the car on ramps or on a lift so that's why I'm asking. Unfortunately I don't have ramps or a lift at my disposal.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again congrats on getting the car. Did you clean out the stones/sand that you heard banging around in there before doing the 'fix?' If so did you remove the covers to get everything cleaned out? Someone else had mentioned that in order to remove the covers you need to either have the car on ramps or on a lift so that's why I'm asking. Unfortunately I don't have ramps or a lift at my disposal.
No, I couldn't do it. No lift or Jack stands. I still have to find someone who has a lift and will install the Steeda Jacking Rails I purchased. I'm going to try the dealership, but the sales rep kinda indicated they wouldn't do any "custom" work.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Catch Can.jpg
OK. Here are the rest of the Pics. I waited too long and the sun is almost overhead. Not good for pics.

S650 Mustang Got My GT! IMG_2085.JPG

S650 Mustang Got My GT! IMG_2087.JPG

S650 Mustang Got My GT! IMG_2086.JPG

S650 Mustang Got My GT! IMG_2088.JPG

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Sweet!
one note on the idle current measurement. Give the car plenty of time to goto 'sleep' as even when locked it can take quite a few minutes for everything to shut down.

On a normal car current draw should be in the order of single digit mA
My mercedes is so low that you can't really pick it up on the current clamp after it's been locked for at least 10mins.

If it stays at 0.4A (until it get a critical battery shutdown) that's what 4 and a smidge days for 40AH which would be most of the useable capacity of the battery

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I hook my Noco the same and have the same 5A model. Once its green and no other lights lit it is in maintain mode.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet!
one note on the idle current measurement. Give the car plenty of time to goto 'sleep' as even when locked it can take quite a few minutes for everything to shut down.

On a normal car current draw should be in the order of single digit mA
My mercedes is so low that you can't really pick it up on the current clamp after it's been locked for at least 10mins.

If it stays at 0.4A (until it get a critical battery shutdown) that's what 4 and a smidge days for 40AH which would be most of the useable capacity of the battery
Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind when I do the next check. The other thing I need to complete all the "Connected" stuff I want to use. I haven't figured it all out yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hook my Noco the same and have the same 5A model. Once its green and no other lights lit it is in maintain mode.
If it's still pulsing green, it's not quite done yet. I wait for solid green.
Sponsored