• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It seems strange that the changes to the steering have not resulted in positive reactions from reviewers.

If you've watched any of the new Aston DB12 videos, they made similar changes. A quicker rack, and removed the rubber isolators from the steering column. The steering in that car has had nothing but brilliant reviews (as has the rest of the car!).

It seems Ford made similar changes, yet the results are disappointing.

Chances of Ford making updates? Slim I'd suggest, but lets hope they do. It'd be good to get a back to back review with and S550 GT or Mach 1.......and it'll be interesting to see if the Dark Horse is also criticised.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Iā€™m gonna turn off grinch mode for a second: the reviews are an overall positive. Nothingā€™s really a surprise here:

1) itā€™s more of the same, and not all that different

2) whatā€™s good is better: ride, sound, auto trans

3) itā€™s still fun, practical, and most agree itā€™s still a good deal for the $$$

Just donā€™t expect a wholly different experience, which makes sense

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It seems strange that the changes to the steering have not resulted in positive reactions from reviewers.

If you've watched any of the new Aston DB12 videos, they made similar changes. A quicker rack, and removed the rubber isolators from the steering column. The steering in that car has had nothing but brilliant reviews (as has the rest of the car!).

It seems Ford made similar changes, yet the results are disappointing.

Chances of Ford making updates? Slim I'd suggest, but lets hope they do. It'd be good to get a back to back review with and S550 GT or Mach 1.......and it'll be interesting to see if the Dark Horse is also criticised.
I hope we get a nice ā€œmid cycleā€ refresh (of this, which is essentially mid cycle lol), it just seems unlikely given that they came into this platform with what was clearly a defined budget

Marketing aside, Fordā€™s done their best job of making the same come across as new or different

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I think everyone is overblowing the steering a bit too much.

Did anyone watch the American muscle review? Dude is the only one out of the bunch who actually owns an s550 and knows these cars intimately. You can't find a single part of his drive where he isn't grinning ear to ear and having a blast and saying good things about the car.

I'm not trying to discount the other reviewers, just trying to stay neutral until I actually get behind the wheel myself. I know I'll be smiling just as hard the whole drive home.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

Did anyone watch the American muscle review? Dude is the only one out of the bunch who actually owns an s550 and knows these cars intimately. You can't find a single part of his drive where he isn't grinning ear to ear and having a blast and saying good things about the car.

I'm not trying to discount the other reviewers, just trying to stay neutral until I actually get behind the wheel myself. I know I'll be smiling just as hard the whole drive home.
That guyā€™s great in that heā€™s provided years of excellent product/parts reviews and he creates good content for his company; heā€™s an excellent spokesperson for the Mustang brand and tuner world, but his professional opinion lacks the context and portfolio of the other voices.

Iā€™d be more inclined to listen to someone whoā€™s driven hundreds of other cars than someone whoā€™s focused on the singular.

But again, taking off the forum-dwelling Grinch hat, the rest of the car seems like a solid successor and we canā€™t always expect perfect scores across the board.

And I guess we all have different preferences. And our barometers for ā€œgood steeringā€ likely vary. Still, if it retains the qualities of the outgoing GTs, a slightly faster rack doesnā€™t make up enough for me, at leastā€¦ but Iā€™m sure everyone who buys one will be happy

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray

Ah no. Multiple reviewers say in their video that the steering wheel doesn't get any input from the road, it's just always smooth. Some people may like that in a car, I absolutely hate it. It's nice for a regular basic Golf or something where you just want to steer very light. But not in something you want to put through corners. At least with different drive modes a sport and track setting should become way more stiff.

I guess now we know why the car doesn't even have a button for changing steering mode like Gen 6

Maybe they left a better steering feel for the Dark Horse so it feels better for people testdriving it by making the GT artifically worse? Guess we will have to wait for a refresh to fix that.

Reminds me of the horrible clutch pedal on my 15 GT. Replaced the clutch spring with the steeda one weeks after having the car. I could not understand how no review mentioned having no feeling on the clutch at all which ruined driving sporty. I think Ford actually fixed the clutch feeling with a later model year
What exactly is a no-lift-shift.? I was reading over the Motor Trend Article and it mentions it.
It means you can accelerate and just keep the foot fully on the gas while shifting manually. No need to adjust RPM for upshifts since the car will prevent it from going near RPM limiter.

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
That guyā€™s great in that heā€™s provided years of excellent product/parts reviews and he creates good content for his company; heā€™s an excellent spokesperson for the Mustang brand and tuner world, but his professional opinion lacks the context and portfolio of the other voices.

Iā€™d be more inclined to listen to someone whoā€™s driven hundreds of other cars than someone whoā€™s focused on the singular.

But again, taking off the forum-dwelling Grinch hat, the rest of the car seems like a solid successor and we canā€™t always expect perfect scores across the board.

And I guess we all have different preferences. And our barometers for ā€œgood steeringā€ likely vary. Still, if it retains the qualities of the outgoing GTs, a slightly faster rack doesnā€™t make up enough for me, at leastā€¦ but Iā€™m sure everyone who buys one will be happy
I agree with everything you said and do value the opinion of the other reviewers who have driven tons of cars over him. My main point was he liked how it felt and never said it was worse than his s550.

I think a lot of people were expecting supercar level steering and when the guys who drive supercars for a living said they were disappointed people took it as horrible news where in reality it's not that bleak.

I know I'll be happy with mine and hope you're happy with yours šŸ‘

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I guess now we know why the car doesn't even have a button for changing steering mode like Gen 6
There's a button on the steering wheel to change the steering mode

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
The steering isnt the issue, everyone says the car steers better than the 550, the issue is the road feel isn't meeting their expectations they aren't getting the feedback they want from the system.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Im interested in knowing what RTR did with their suspension that causes the steering to feel better. No way the steering doesnt get better with wider stickier 30 sidewall tires and lower stiffer suspension. Can't feel much on any car that is floating through corners.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si

Not so fast. Joe Raiti has a GT350R in the garage. I've watched so many GT videos I don't remember exactly what he praised and what he zonked. Just wanted to let you know there are other YouTube voices out there that are plenty familiar with the S550 platform.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Have you watched any of the reviewers and paid attention to the steering wheel while they were driving? You can see just how loose the wheel is as the its is literally wiggling while they're driving straight. Throttle House shows this pretty well:

For reference, if I were to wiggle the wheel as much as the reviewers did in my MY Performance, the car would jerk left/right.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Not so fast. Joe Raiti has a GT350R in the garage. I've watched so many GT videos I don't remember exactly what he praised and what he zonked. Just wanted to let you know there are other YouTube voices out there that are plenty familiar with the S550 platform.
I knew I'd miss something. Forgot about his 350R, kept thinking it was just the ZL1 he has. I'll have to watch his review after work to see what he thinks.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Have you watched any of the reviewers and paid attention to the steering wheel while they were driving? You can see just how loose the wheel is as the its is literally wiggling while they're driving straight. Throttle House shows this pretty well:

For reference, if I were to wiggle the wheel as much as the reviewers did in my MY Performance, the car would jerk left/right.
I haven't watched anything cuz I've been at work all day lol. And like I said earlier I respect the other reviewers, not so much all the Debbie downers in this thread.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Did anyone review an A10 GT ?
Seems like Ford brought out all the MT-82 cars for the reviewers to have some fun.
Sponsored