• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2022
I am sure those displays have lots to offer, unfortunately it took away the sports car feel the way they are placed/integrated. Other than that I am all tech and digital but those displays are not in harmony with the rest of the vehicle. 🚗
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Proves my point. All these designers go to the same schools, use the same software, have the same associations and connections resulting in the same boring designs.
Well you could make argument about chefs but we know that’s not true. Same goes for automotive designers. The are individuals just like any other group. It’s their bosses that give them direction and their the ones that like to “copy the leader”.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I am sure those displays have lots to offer, unfortunately it took away the sports car feel the way they are placed/integrated. Other than that I am all tech and digital but those displays are not in harmony with the rest of the vehicle. 🚗
I too would have liked a more harmonious integration. That said, I will also withhold final judgement until after I get behind the wheel.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Proves my point. All these designers go to the same schools, use the same software, have the same associations and connections resulting in the same boring designs.
It's what all the manufacturers will eventually get to because screens and enhanced functionality is what this generation has grown up on. I also think after a year of using this, the S550 set-up will look extremely limited and dated

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
It's what all the manufacturers will eventually get to because screens and enhanced functionality is what this generation has grown up on. I also think after a year of using this, the S550 set-up will look extremely limited and dated
I think the tacked on screen as an appendage is simply a fad.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I also think after a year of using this, the S550 set-up will look extremely limited and dated
I prefer to use the term, "quaint". LOL. 😁

I think every generation of every model goes through a "blue" period where it's just not "in". Things fall out of flavor. People look to the latest. Thinking long, long-term, some models and their characteristics become welcome again, some don't. A lot of us love the older cars because they're soo simple and uncomplicated.

Modern vehicles, IMO, sometimes all the information is too much. I just want to drive the car. Yea, certain gauges or information is welcome, but I don't want to be overwhelmed by it. For any of these cars, having a means of reviewing history, like telemetry after a drive or a race, would be cool though.

Last edited:

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
My deal on having everything through the screen is the life cycle of tech. Some people buy these cars to keep for 5+ years. Tech updates/upgrades so fast. A 2 year old phone feels like a friggen dinosaur halfway through that second year. By the 4th year, it's nearly unusable and archaic.

I do like the center section of the monitor/screen/ipad. I'd like a few more cluster themes as all but the fox body seem distracting. That should be an easy and likely update.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
For all modern vehicles, IMO, sometimes all the information is too much. I just want to drive the car. Yea, some gauges and information is welcome, but I don't want to be overwhelmed by it. For any of these cars, having a means of reviewing history, like telemetry after a drive or a race, would be cool though.
Definitely with you on that. If you go on youtube, some of the most popular car videos are "shutup and smash" style where it's a POV of someone ripping through the gears. Through a backroad, some canyons, etc. The entire migration to the new cluster is a step away from that. Ford does want to sell cars though. And I'd say a majority of the mustang buyers daily their cars, and having new, flashy tech is a major selling point.

nickycohen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Manual, Land Rover Defender D300
Where the old fogeys at to complain about their lost physical gauge clusters?
And an even older one here (67!)... I have nothing against digital screens (except for mine which periodically fails to light up for some strange reason that Ford here in Australia cannot quite get their heads around). But this giant screen on the new model looks like an afterthought. It doesn't look well integrated into the rest of the dash, or the interior generally. It almost looks like it would be prone to rattle loose and hide dirt in the crevices. It looks out of character with the car. That's my opinion. I have placed an order for one but am prepared to cancel the order if the interior doesn't "gel" with me, and stick with my 2019 GT - which I love.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Considering that the Mustang is the only car that Ford makes (in NA) it’s unlikely. Most other Ford SUV/CUV’s and pickups already have their own dedicated screens.
A stuck on screen is a stuck on screen. Unless integrated into the dashboard, what difference does it make who uses it? They all look the same. Stuck on.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yea, still horrible dash design for a production model.

So....

How will anyone be able to upgrade their stereo systems in the S650 if everything is integrated into that video game console? You can't just take the stereo portion out because it's all one unit now....

I can't wait to hear the cries once no one can upgrade anything because Ford will have it all locked in, but if a component is tampered with, it will throw numerous faults....
Sponsored