• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
The thing were it gets me are the prices here in Germany. 2015 GT started at 39.000€ here, based on the US Gen 7 prices it should start around 59.000€, that's an increment of 51,3%!
I took the wrong price in my post above. It's up with 67-68% in Sweden :( + the increased road tax (which is up with 700% for the first three years compared to back then)

That is totally bonkers
Sponsored

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
I don't know why we debating about price increases? Have you ever bought something new or later than before which was cheaper? I don't think so. EVERYTHING became more expensive since Covid. Whether it is food, fuel, electricity...you name it.

So what did you expect? Buying the newest GT for less than 40K? Come one, give me a break. Had an argument with a guy today on Facebook who was moaning about prices and seriously comparing it with his 2015 Stang..... :facepalm:

So looking at the prices, if a fully loaded GT premium fastback costs as nearly as much as a DH, I would probably go for the DH, because with the DH most options are already included (such as magne ride etc.)
Yes everything after the new tech gets some age to it. First c/d players were thousands, they are what 30 bucks now. same with most things.
This s650 is Joan rivers with a face lift. They are not building a car that run circles around the s550. And those prices listed are for the base cars, before you start adding options.
So a gt prem is 47610, then add mag ride, active exhaust, hifi stereo, optional extra cost paint colors , etc and you are at 60k or more as a s550 was 53-54 optioned out.
You are not going to find a base gt prem no options on a lot, the dealers are not going to order them that way. the dark horse starts at 59565.00 then start checking option boxes.
The arguement of it is the only game in town is lame.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes everything after the new tech gets some age to it. First c/d players were thousands, they are what 30 bucks now. same with most things.
This s650 is Joan rivers with a face lift. They are not building a car that run circles around the s550. And those prices listed are for the base cars, before you start adding options.
So a gt prem is 47610, then add mag ride, active exhaust, hifi stereo, optional extra cost paint colors , etc and you are at 60k or more as a s550 was 53-54 optioned out.
You are not going to find a base gt prem no options on a lot, the dealers are not going to order them that way. the dark horse starts at 59565.00 then start checking option boxes.
The arguement of it is the only game in town is lame.
The GT premium is 47k and includes active, exhaust and B&O stereo and so but no Magneride and none standard color?

Or are different things included in the premium packs if it is a fastback or not?

S650 Mustang 💵 Official: 2024 Mustang U.S. Pricing Starts at $32,515 and Dark Horse Priced at $59,565 Screenshot_20230301_141647_Samsung Internet

S650 Mustang 💵 Official: 2024 Mustang U.S. Pricing Starts at $32,515 and Dark Horse Priced at $59,565 Screenshot_20230301_141650_Samsung Internet

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
AVAILABLE, does not = standard equipment.
Trying to get my head around your packages and options.

In Europe we get the PP1 with premium and 401, B&O, quad exhaust ...generally as "standard"

We can change color, magneride(when there is availability), A10, sort of those things on a GT (at least in the past)

Last edited:

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Looking at Ford Website right now with a Disclaimer that it does not include destination charges bla bla bla.
EcoBoost Fastback $30,920
Ecoboost Fastback Premium $36,445
EcoBoost Premium Conv: $41,945
GT Fastback: $41,495
GT Fastback Premium $46,015
GT Premium Convertible: $51,515
Dark Horse Fastback: $57,970

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
The thing were it gets me are the prices here in Germany. 2015 GT started at 39.000€ here, based on the US Gen 7 prices it should start around 59.000€, that's an increment of 51,3%!
I bought and imported my 2017 GT in 2019 from Germany for 37.500€ which was considered a new car as it was just sitting on the lot had like 23 km's on the dash when bought. I was browsing recently and looks like prices moved a bit for a new ones to like 45-49 000€ for a new GT car. My local dealer has two Mach 1's on the lot in Bulgaria one used one new and the new one is 62 000€ when the used one is 55 500€. I'm guessing the new one will be almost the same price as a Dark Horse +- 2000€.

Reactions: Ace

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
There is literally no reason to increase the price unless you want to continue milking the cash cow. No reason for customers to justify such a behavior if revenue is up by roughly 100%.
Dude share us the link showing ford’s 100% year over year revenue gains 😂

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Trying to get my head around your packages and options.

In Europe we get the PP1 with premium and 401, B&O, quad exhaust ...generally as "standard"

We can change color, magneride(when there is availability), A10, sort of those things on a GT (at least in the past)
You want to try guessing what we will get!

UK RHD spec is a complete mish mash of US specs for the S550. We got a sort of 301A but with a sprinkling of 401A features and PP1 features.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
A link to an inflation calculator follows:

https://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm

A link to Ford's financials follows:

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/F?tab=financials

Revenue was $155B in 2019, took dips in 2020, 2021, then recovered in 2022, to $158B.

Ford has spent $7B on R&D each year in the last four years.

Ford spends about $6B in plant and equipment, each year.

While Ford's Costs of Goods Sold were lower in 2020 and 2021, they were higher in 2022.

Ford's net income:

2019: gain
2020: loss
2021: gain
2022: loss

Ford's earnings:

2019: gain
2020: loss
2021: gain
2022: loss

Ford's net cash flow has been negative three of the last four years.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford's revenue is up 16% YoY (not sure where they pulled the 100% number from), but of course, total revenue never tells the entire story.

This is especially true in Ford's case when has been taken it up the rear end with unexpected costs for their botched product launches and recalls.

Businesses exists to make not just money, but specificially profit. Say what you will about Ford, but they're far from profitable right now. Price increases, unfortunately, is a low-effort way to fix that.

Last edited:

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/...annual revenue for,a 18.45% decline from 2019.

Ford annual revenue increased in 2021 by 7,23% and the increase in 2022 was 15,93%. 2x 7.23 should be a 14.46% increase in revenue but it is even more... You just have to learn to read the numbers ;)

Anyhow, my point is Ford is making billions of dollars and there is literally no need to defend a cash grab. I know Americans love their capitalism and I’m the last that wants to get rid of it. However, I’m a realist myself and I don’t earn millions or billions of dollars. The problem is that everything is just getting more and more expensive but most people do not earn more money.
Ford could easily afford to decrease the price of several products to make them more affordable. Instead they increased the price for a Mustang in Europe by ~50% within a couple of years. That’s just mental and has barely anything to do with taxes but with Ford being opportunistic and milking their customers.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/F/ford-motor/revenue#:~:text=Ford Motor annual revenue for,a 18.45% decline from 2019.

Ford annual revenue increased in 2021 by 7,23% and the increase in 2022 was 15,93%. 2x 7.23 should be a 14.46% increase in revenue but it is even more... You just have to learn to read the numbers ;)

Anyhow, my point is Ford is making billions of dollars and there is literally no need to defend a cash grab. I know Americans love their capitalism and I’m the last that wants to get rid of it. However, I’m a realist myself and I don’t earn millions or billions of dollars. The problem is that everything is just getting more and more expensive but most people do not earn more money.
Ford could easily afford to decrease the price of several products to make them more affordable. Instead they increased the price for a Mustang in Europe by ~50% within a couple of years. That’s just mental and has barely anything to do with taxes but with Ford being opportunistic and milking their customers.
It isn't. It is losing $billions.

If you were earning £3billion a year would you be a rich person if you were spending $4billion a year? Clearly not.

Please tell me how REDUCING the price (and hence income) would help Ford make a profit / break even?

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
It isn't. It is losing $billions.

If you were earning £3billion a year would you be a rich person if you were spending $4billion a year? Clearly not.

Please tell me how REDUCING the price (and hence income) would help Ford make a profit / break even?
I would be if I would spend that money on myself... If it's a company it's called an investment...

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be if I would spend that money on myself... If it's a company it's called an investment...
So your suggestion of reducing prices would reduce the investment they could make even more....

Companies that make losses don't last long, they run out of cash very quickly. How would you fill that $2billion hole in the balance sheet? It will not just magic away, it needs profits to fill it back in.
Sponsored