• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
Kinda off topic but I WISH they offered the mischievous purple color option for the 24MY
I'm not big on mischievous purple I saw it in person and it just looks black in most lighting it's the same with dark matter grey.
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I'm not big on mischievous purple I saw it in person and it just looks black in most lighting it's the same with dark matter grey.
I haven't seen it in person, but it looks pretty sexy in photos. I don't usually like purple either. Disappointing if you can't really appreciate the color in most lighting.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
So if I'm not mistaken, unless things have changed, we're now just a little over 2 hours away from hopefully getting a meaningful update! :whew:

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
So if I'm not mistaken, unless things have changed, we're now just a little over 2 hours away from hopefully getting a meaningful update! :whew:
I think so, but the absence of positive, or any, leaks has me a little worried this is going to be bad news for the ones of us waiting.

Ive been following the Mach 1 guys on M6G, and all of their production dates have been moving up, mostly to February from March, and some have stated they have been told about changing over of production in April for S650 still, so fingers crossed. Ford cant make money if they arent selling cars., and im not sure extending s550 production would help that much.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
If I had to put money on it, it’s a push out.

I also wonder if it’s a bit of a stern warning on dealer conduct relating to markup / preorders. Dealers have not exactly given Ford a good look with Bronco, Lightning, Maverick launches… Although that may just be wishful thinking on my part

Last edited:

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
I haven't seen it in person, but it looks pretty sexy in photos. I don't usually like purple either. Disappointing if you can't really appreciate the color in most lighting.
That's exactly what I thought but yes it does look black I looked all over the Ford lot for the mischievous purple one their website said they had only to be told that it was the black one out front. But don't take my word for it if you can try and find one to look at yourself.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll also add, I find it hard to believe Ford is going to be opening order banks in Feb when they still have MY22 showing up a dealers brand new.

Order banks should likely be April at the soonest

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
I'll also add, I find it hard to believe Ford is going to be opening order banks in Feb when they still have MY22 showing up a dealers brand new.

@Blueberrystang2000 can you confirm y’all still get 2022 MY

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP

Ford is going to want the shortest gap in deliveries possible, so if they are planning to build 2024 MY in April, they will take orders before so they aren't waiting on orders, and they can build 2023 MY in the meantime. This is my guess but it makes sense to me

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ford is going to want the shortest gap in deliveries possible, so if they are planning to build 2024 MY in April, they will take orders before so they aren't waiting on orders, and they can build 2023 MY in the meantime. This is my guess but it makes sense to me
With the caveat, of course, being that the start of production doesn't get pushed out beyond April.

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Blueberrystang2000 can you confirm y’all still get 2022 MY
It is entirely possible that “in transit” could mean from another dealer, so I could be completely wrong.

That said, in the northeast there is a significant number of brand new 2022s remaining at dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.