• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I’m confused, the all-in base price went up by less than 2.5% for a new gen model with more standard features and more power

Does that seem like an egregious grab for a slice of the ADM pie?
No but every price increase before that was...

Gt350 had a more premium interior, a unique engine and some exterior changes. Mach 1 had almost the same price, no 5.2L flat-plane V8, some left over parts and the same lame interior...

I like the Mach 1, I think it's a great car that is just overpriced but somewhat 10K. As is the GT these days (at least here in Europe).

The Dark Horse looks OK but being happy that the price increase over the Mach 1 is minimal is just not justifiable since that one was already way overpriced.
Mustang used to be a bargain GT with a big engine. These days you have to pay premium for things that have been standard across all manufacturers 5 years ago and the option are very limited.
No HUD, no AWD, no front sensors, no weight reduction, a lot of visible carry over parts from the S550...

In Europe it's a 60-70K car and as of right now it doesn't feel like an entire new car that's worth the money...
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
No but every price increase before that was...

Gt350 had a more premium interior, a unique engine and some exterior changes. Mach 1 had almost the same price, no 5.2L flat-plane V8, some left over parts and the same lame interior...

I like the Mach 1, I think it's a great car that is just overpriced but somewhat 10K. As is the GT these days (at least here in Europe).

The Dark Horse looks OK but being happy that the price increase over the Mach 1 is minimal is just not justifiable since that one was already way overpriced.
Mustang used to be a bargain GT with a big engine. These days you have to pay premium for things that have been standard across all manufacturers 5 years ago and the option are very limited.
No HUD, no AWD, no front sensors, no weight reduction, a lot of visible carry over parts from the S550...

In Europe it's a 60-70K car and as of right now it doesn't feel like an entire new car that's worth the money...
I'll be the last person to argue against how great of a value the GT350 was, especially at its starting base that ballooned toward the end of its run. The one thing that pokes holes in it is the fact that they restructure options and standard features almost on a yearly basis (for all models, across all different brands) to "justify" the increase in price. For instance, a base GT350 in 2016 versus a base GT350 in 2019 are like two different leagues of cars in terms of accoutrements and price tags.

That's why most automotive publications will have headlines like "The 2024 Hoonder So-and-So gains X features as standard and now has insert-new-feature-or-paint-here, MSRP increased by $####."

While I think the Mach 1 is still a lesser-value than a GT350, it's basically the same thing without the engine, plus a few extra standard features. And now the DH is kind of like the same thing as a Mach 1, but with more standard features and power.

That said, I think it's very fair to complain about the standardization of features. Things like bluetooth, CarPlay/AA, active safety suites like ACC/LKA/LCA/AEB/BLIS, dual zone climate, heated/cooled seats, etc. all bloat cost. Unfortunately, those are primary features that are key sellers to the majority market and enthusiasts are a drop in the bucket. If you want a stripped out GT, cross your fingers and hope Ford rolls out an LT1-equivalent trim down the road.

On top of that, those safety suites now play critical roles in safety test scores and can be the difference between a 3 or a 5 star rating because of how they're weighted, which imo is ridiculous.

Your mention of AWD and weight savings would definitely contribute to major chassis changes that would no doubt increase costs.

My point is that as a business, if it's not growing, it's dead in the water. Nobody's winning in terms of purchasing power right now, so a "normal" increase of 2-3% YoY is welcome in my eyes. Ford clearly needs to maintain some level of margin and the price increases completely reflect historical models.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I must be nuts that I think the CF wheels price isn't bad. The car itself is way too much though. For $57K it should have handling package and CF wheels included.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
I must be nuts that I think the CF wheels price isn't bad. The car itself is way too much though. For $57K it should have handling package and CF wheels included.
If those are the only available design of the carbon fiber wheels, I’ll pass. They are ugly AF.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The real question is, everyone that’s going for the dark horse. How many of y’all will REALLY be able to get one
Able to? It depends on how many Ford makes, right? Typically they never make enough to meet demand.

As far as the money part of "able to" - probably almost anyone could buy one. However, probably most people think it would be a bad financial move to do so. I'll stick with cars that are under $30K. I can have plenty of fun without spending double or more.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
IMO, Tesla's discounts (and the others which followed suite) are something of a one-off or unique.

Times past, Tesla had the EV market to themselves; now, ever major manufacturer is producing them. Tesla's, while well-received, are getting rarer and more expensive; people were buying and immediately flipping them for a profit. They were becoming unaffordable.

Tesla cut prices to hold onto market share.

The DH wasn't designed for and won't be manufactured as a common car or to be used primarily as a DD, although some people can and will use it as one. While Ford does have to sell Mustangs to keep the model alive, it doesn't have to sell DHs in large numbers.

Tesla only sells EVs. They have to sell virtually every one to hold onto their share of the market.

To add even further pain to Tesla, a lot of people in recent past paid full price+premium, only to see the car's value slashed overnight.
I think Tesla was making sure that people who purchase their cars would get the Federal tax credit for buying an EV. The tax credit was set up so Tesla didn't qualify at their previous prices, which was a disadvantage for Tesla in the market. Now Tesla will be more on equal footing by qualifying for the credit.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'll be the last person to argue against how great of a value the GT350 was, especially at its starting base that ballooned toward the end of its run. The one thing that pokes holes in it is the fact that they restructure options and standard features almost on a yearly basis (for all models, across all different brands) to "justify" the increase in price. For instance, a base GT350 in 2016 versus a base GT350 in 2019 are like two different leagues of cars in terms of accoutrements and price tags.

That's why most automotive publications will have headlines like "The 2024 Hoonder So-and-So gains X features as standard and now has insert-new-feature-or-paint-here, MSRP increased by $####."

While I think the Mach 1 is still a lesser-value than a GT350, it's basically the same thing without the engine, plus a few extra standard features. And now the DH is kind of like the same thing as a Mach 1, but with more standard features and power.

That said, I think it's very fair to complain about the standardization of features. Things like bluetooth, CarPlay/AA, active safety suites like ACC/LKA/LCA/AEB/BLIS, dual zone climate, heated/cooled seats, etc. all bloat cost. Unfortunately, those are primary features that are key sellers to the majority market and enthusiasts are a drop in the bucket. If you want a stripped out GT, cross your fingers and hope Ford rolls out an LT1-equivalent trim down the road.

On top of that, those safety suites now play critical roles in safety test scores and can be the difference between a 3 or a 5 star rating because of how they're weighted, which imo is ridiculous.

Your mention of AWD and weight savings would definitely contribute to major chassis changes that would no doubt increase costs.

My point is that as a business, if it's not growing, it's dead in the water. Nobody's winning in terms of purchasing power right now, so a "normal" increase of 2-3% YoY is welcome in my eyes. Ford clearly needs to maintain some level of margin and the price increases completely reflect historical models.
The GT350 had a high price as well. Too high for what it was. The 5.2 isn't that different than a 5.0. They are essentially identical with just some tuning changes. The kind of things that used to be no big deal but now there is a huge premium on them. A 4% increase in displacement is nothing. And with the DH now they are downgrading the GT to the crappy 5.0 and the DH gets a slightly better 5.0. Prices have been too high for a while. And now they are completely out of line. The value for the money isn't there.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
The GT350 had a high price as well. Too high for what it was. The 5.2 isn't that different than a 5.0. They are essentially identical with just some tuning changes. The kind of things that used to be no big deal but now there is a huge premium on them. A 4% increase in displacement is nothing. And with the DH now they are downgrading the GT to the crappy 5.0 and the DH gets a slightly better 5.0. Prices have been too high for a while. And now they are completely out of line. The value for the money isn't there.
With all due respect, you’re totally re-writing a narrative to fit your personal beliefs. I know you’ve said this before, but I’d be hard pressed for you to find 1) multiple journalist opinions backing up that it wasn’t a killer value, and 2) public opinion saying the same.

Thread when price was leaked:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2016-gt350-gt350r-mustang-pricing-starts-at-47-870.23826/

TL;DR - priced right where everyone expected—base just over a loaded GT—and when comparably equipped at about 10k over a respective GT. Do you see anyone saying it’s overpriced?

Pretty much every review said it was a steal. Remember the only direct competition at the time was the Z28 which was 75k. A GT350R was less expensive.

It was always a steal. I know you’re simplifying and diminishing the differences by saying the Voodoo is essentially the same thing, but to list all changes out: body panels, engine internals, engine accessories, transmission, brakes, suspension, subframe differences, wheels, tires, and interior, all with a warranty and the name to boot; it was a steal.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
With all due respect, you’re totally re-writing a narrative to fit your personal beliefs. I know you’ve said this before, but I’d be hard pressed for you to find 1) multiple journalist opinions backing up that it wasn’t a killer value, and 2) public opinion saying the same.

Thread when price was leaked:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2016-gt350-gt350r-mustang-pricing-starts-at-47-870.23826/

TL;DR - priced right where everyone expected—base just over a loaded GT—and when comparably equipped at about 10k over a respective GT. Do you see anyone saying it’s overpriced?

Pretty much every review said it was a steal. Remember the only direct competition at the time was the Z28 which was 75k. A GT350R was less expensive.

It was always a steal. I know you’re simplifying and diminishing the differences by saying the Voodoo is essentially the same thing, but to list all changes out: body panels, engine internals, engine accessories, transmission, brakes, suspension, subframe differences, wheels, tires, and interior, all with a warranty and the name to boot; it was a steal.
I'm sure you realize this because it's very simple and obvious. People who make their living as car reviewers love cars. They also want to avoid irritating car companies if at all possible. In fact, they would much prefer to suck up to car companies at least a little. Their living depends on being given cars to try out and review. I know when I'm at work I try to be extra nice to people I realize I will depend on in the future.

On one hand I think it was great all the things Ford did with the GT350. On the other hand, I don't really like how Ford makes a good looking and also a not so good looking version of the Mustang. I agree the GT350 was and is amazing and great. I still think the price was a little high. Ford didn't make enough of them or allow a person to order one and that was an even bigger issue in my mind. Some things I didn't love about the car were the gearing and the incredibly high cost of a replacement engine. The new Mustangs have the high gearing and they also have DI now. Which to me is a slight downgrade. I would prefer not to have an engine with two sets of injectors or gears that allow you to hit 50 in first.

I understand that you value cars more than I do. I must be just old enough that the jump in the last 5 years or so seems crazy to me. And I compare what I own now and how much I paid to what I would pay for something else. I have to decide if a new Mustang is really worth 3X what I paid for the one I own. Mine is kind of junky compared to a brand new DH, but functionally it's just fine. And if something breaks on it, repairs aren't going to be that expensive either.

I drove modified 80s Mustangs until 2011, when I got excited about the Coyote engine. Who knows, maybe I'll still be driving my 2017 many years in the future.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Reminds me of milk cartons.

sidenote… from the hate these are receiving… buy them and store them away, they’ll end up being extremely valuable.

my bro is doing the same with his 500 cftp wheels.
Cf are a pain in the ass, there is 1 place in a few hundred mile radius of me that will even touch them to do a tire change

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
The moment I saw these it reminded me of my stock wheels on my 2006 GTO.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Dark Horse PRICING Leaked: $57,970 Base MSRP 💵 images.jpe

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
If you are required to get the Recaro’s w/the Appearance Package, I’ll just skip it. The Handling Pack is a must, with the 700A package, and Auto. And it will be either Blue Ember or Carbonized Grey. The pic of the 1:18 die cast in Carbonized Grey was awesome.

S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Dark Horse PRICING Leaked: $57,970 Base MSRP 💵 CC03CA1E-B080-4F57-AA0F-4BC9A2022585

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
37% lighter……….and hideous IMO

2BE7602A-FB14-40E4-8D20-738020A035AC.jpeg
I‘m with you on the hideous part.

I can usually tolerate a pretty wide range of wheel designs but I’m sorry, those are just butt fugly. The spokes look like they belong on a Maltese cross.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I noticed that this car doesn't have the black plastic stuff that extends out the wheel well to accommodate the wider wheels and tires like the original Dark Horse they showed did. I hope they don't end up omitting this because I think it actually looks better with it as the wheels look like they stick out too far without it (when viewed directly from the front). It also has body colored side mirrors instead of satin black.
S650 Mustang 2024 Mustang Dark Horse PRICING Leaked: $57,970 Base MSRP 💵 1676217996670
Sponsored