• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Matrix led is the shit!
Not had laser lights yet(had selected it on the I4 M50 which I never ordered šŸ¤£)
I once drove the new BMW 7 series with laser light. Drove on an alley and thought to myself " Let us check out the high beams". Dude I thought it's daylight haha. So bright and you could literally see until the end of the road and that was like 800m ahead. Technology advanced so much, but it is also a cost thing.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But you live in Europe. As mentioned, the states have been stuck with regulations dating over 50 years ago that have made adaptive systems illegal

Only just last year did they amend these regulations that would allow adaptive systems to be sold and used on public roads starting this year

Thereā€™s no confusion on the technology here

If itā€™s not clearly inferred here, adaptive is referring to sectional partitioning of the illumination; Iā€™m not talking about Auto on-off
Okay got it. Weird that you have so much freedom in terms of tuning and exhaust sounds etc. but then haveing restrictions for adaptive systems....

I hope the new Stang has as you referred the " sectional partioning of the illumination. ( Sound like a video game or a conspiracy) lol - at least for Europe, because it not only looks nice from the cabin, but is also convenient.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Okay got it. Weird that you have so much freedom in terms of tuning and exhaust sounds etc. but then haveing restrictions for adaptive systems....

I hope the new Stang has as you referred the " sectional partioning of the illumination. ( Sound like a video game or a conspiracy) lol - at least for Europe, because it not only looks nice from the cabin, but is also convenient.
I couldnā€™t figure out simpler words to describe it but at least weā€™re on the same page šŸ˜‚

I can guarantee that the S650 wonā€™t have that feature. It would be marketed extremely heavy and weā€™d all know of that weā€™re the case

The most likely cars to start rolling out these systems in the US will probably be European models that probably already have the hardware to make it happen

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I couldnā€™t figure out simpler words to describe it but at least weā€™re on the same page šŸ˜‚

I can guarantee that the S650 wonā€™t have that feature. It would be marketed extremely heavy and weā€™d all know of that weā€™re the case

The most likely cars to start rolling out these systems in the US will probably be European models that probably already have the hardware to make it happen
So then it will be the high beams in terms of " go up and down" - Man that is BS. I can't even adjust that to the nice design of the head lights. I hope that they have the illuminati feature hahaha in Europe. Otherwise it would be emberassing to use this old technology that literally no newer cars have anymore.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
...2018+ has full LED headlights. I most definitely don't have Xenons in my Mach 1 but full LED. And it shows in the night immensely.
Order guide says too: "LED Headlamps with Configurable Daytime Running Lamps"

Different design / multiple lenses doesn't mean it shines significantly better (but of course it can be better, like this aftermarket solution). I don't drive much in the night so it doesn't really matter to me.
This is correct. Full LEDs, and they are very bright at night as well (to go alongside the better looks compared to the S650).

CoBrArOx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Genesis GV80 Prestige
Comparing the top dog S650 with a base EB S550 is hardly fair, but the DH definitely looks awesome! I'd love to see a Mach 1 HP next to a DH. I still the think the S550 is the more "beautiful" car with more feminine lines/curves, where the S650 is more of a brute.
That is a great way to describe both cars.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Comparing the top dog S650 with a base EB S550 is hardly fair, but the DH definitely looks awesome! I'd love to see a Mach 1 HP next to a DH.
100%

Seeing previous and current models of any car together in the wild for the first time is always really interesting. Then starts the period where we slowly get accustomed to seeing the new one and instead of being distracted by its newness and differences we notice the sum of its individual parts (different to like or dislike). Looking forward to that day as it'll be the point at which a decision can be made. Some cars look good straight away, some take time to grow on us, and some never do.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I Googled 7 Series and spontaneously šŸ¤®. Holy sheet, thanks for nothing :giggle:

I have no words but my thoughts are 'Chinese market' ie Geely Emgrand
The geely emgrand is not bad at all. It reminds me of a volvo mixed with a toyota.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread Geely_Emgrand_IV_004

Edit: Add a little lincoln

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
The headlights on the S550 are terrible.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I Googled 7 Series and spontaneously šŸ¤®. Holy sheet, thanks for nothing :giggle:

I have no words but my thoughts are 'Chinese market' ie Geely Emgrand
My sympathies for your eyes. The Chinese market influencing global design wouldn't bother me if that market had, oh what's the word, taste.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Thank you they'll recover at some stage. My faith in BMW...maybe not so much.
Sponsored