• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Based on the view of the front wheel, looks like Ford kept the silly narrow track on the front. The wheels themselves look great but they are tucked in and under that fender so much it spoils the car's aggressive lines. Is the S650 front track narrower than the rear again?
The Mustang should have a more aggressive stance to match the overall theme of the car! Another gripe I have with my S550 is the stock 19" "Blackout" package wheels are too narrow. They were my favorite looking wheel when we were shopping for it but once in the driveway, it looks like spare tires mounted from the back. The standard 17" & 18" wheels/tires look wider when I look at others on the road. Really irritating. I wish they were 1" wider.
But I did put a 1" spacer on the fronts only to bring the track to within .6" front to rear. No ill effects felt in over 10K miles. Obviously a little more weight for the suspension to deal with but it's not a racer. It looks sooooo much better.
Front 1in spacer.jpg
I'm guessing this is done for areo reasons. Wheels produce turbulent air vortexs that can majorly screw up a cars aerodynamic efficiency. I'm guessing tucking them in cleans up the air flow as it travels around the car. Could be wrong. Prob also a safety thing, wheels that stick out more tend to throw things in the cars behind them.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This is what interests me most at the moment. Vapor Blue GT (or higher trim), spoiler delete, blue calipers.
Almost positive we have identical tastes as fellow Bullitt appreciators

spiritrider1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2020 GT Convertible
I'm guessing this is done for areo reasons. Wheels produce turbulent air vortexs that can majorly screw up a cars aerodynamic efficiency. I'm guessing tucking them in cleans up the air flow as it travels around the car. Could be wrong. Prob also a safety thing, wheels that stick out more tend to throw things in the cars behind them.
Possibly. My front is just ever so slightly inside the wheel arch. The rear is still stock which is about 1/4" more inside on each side. I have not seen any paint damage from the front tires kicking anything up on the sides. I've also not seen any measurable change to mpg.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
I know what youā€™re saying since I was in the same camp as you and pretty much all of us here in thinking this, especially the taillights, but were I a betting man, the moment everyone sees these in person, you wonā€™t think this at all.
I hope so but we shall see. :)

Instead, youā€™ll see an S550 right next to it and realize just how big the taillights were and how much real estate its design dedicated to the taillights and the rest of the beveled surfacing that encloses them.
Right now I can't help noticing how much real estate is devoted to the black plastic area below the taillights. šŸ˜ƒ

I hate to say it, but the S650 makes the S550 look old. Obviously itā€™s not, but they accomplished the new car effect way better than I imagined.
I do get this impression from your pics of the front end, especially the headlights.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Wow. AMAZING photos and videography, especially considering you were being rushed. Thank you.

Love the closeups of everything in the videos. You really get a feel for the craftsmanship that went into the car.

Agree with your assessment. The car looks fantastic inside and out. Some small gripes on a couple carryover interior bits, but as a whole, I do think Ford hit their target for ā€œposter car,ā€ at least on the GT.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Some really nice pictures and I agree with others, that this car grows on me day by day. Can't wait to see the specs and more Gen7 cars to be shown.

I am currently using the normal seats, but since (finally) the Recaro seats are also heated and ventilated, I might switch as they also look more exciting and probably have a better grip.

The exhaust pipes look smaller than usual, but maybe that is just the angle. I'd probably put some bigger exhaust on top of it like plug & play which are sold in Germany.

The only downturn that I have ( yes you can laugh at me all you want) is the fact that (POV) the left air intake is closed compared to the other one due to the bottle reservoir for the windshield.

S650 Mustang S650 GT Convertible | Miami International Auto Show (pics + vids) 1666648740378

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Kudos to the Ford display handler that was likely having a heart attack while this was filmed.
Hes watching you thinkn : ā€œdid i screw up, this could be bad, omg I had one job to look after this vehicle and display and I got hustled and hes going to screw it up, omg omg omg omg hurry up please dont sneeze on dash and windshield and dont throw pizza sauce or motor oil on it in some libtard protest omg omg omg please hurry and finish awwwwwwwww. Sweet hes done, wont ever let that happen again.ā€
He took a risk on a split second decision.
Congratulations sir, you win at life.
Please DM to schedule your free track day.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Boi. Get off my spec!! LOL. I want a spoiler though.
Sadly because they wasted half the color options on greys and blacks, this will probably be an overrepresented build

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Not surprising, a lot of what makes modern designs pop and great looking is the surfacing and overall proportions. But this doesn't really come across through videos and pics. This is especially true with many of ford's most recent designs. In videos and pics, I though the bronco, bronco sport, mach-e and maverick were all just, ok looking, maybe slightly above average. Then I saw all these designs in person, and fell in love. We just got a Maverick hybrid in area 51. Everything about that truck, the exterior design, the interior design, and the color were just meh when viewed virtually. But it looks so damn cool in person because you can appreciate all the little details. Seems like s650 continues that trend.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
Based on the view of the front wheel, looks like Ford kept the silly narrow track on the front. The wheels themselves look great but they are tucked in and under that fender so much it spoils the car's aggressive lines. Is the S650 front track narrower than the rear again?
I think most of the suspension is just a carry over, including the front and rear track. The stock wheel stance looks exactly the same as S550.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Agreed. I really donā€™t understand why. Give me mischievous purple, eruption green, something. Iā€™m also real burn out on grabber blue.

Sadly because they wasted half the color options on greys and blacks, this will probably be an overrepresented build

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Kudos to the Ford display handler that was likely having a heart attack while this was filmed.
Hes watching you thinkn : ā€œdid i screw up, this could be bad, omg I had one job to look after this vehicle and display and I got hustled and hes going to screw it up, omg omg omg omg hurry up please dont sneeze on dash and windshield and dont throw pizza sauce or motor oil on it in some libtard protest omg omg omg please hurry and finish awwwwwwwww. Sweet hes done, wont ever let that happen again.ā€
He took a risk on a split second decision.
Congratulations sir, you win at life.
Please DM to schedule your free track day.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Appreciate the kind words. My goofy ass was so focused on taking pics and vids that I didnā€™t realize what was happening. Apparently when I was reaching inside to get some interior detail footage a bunch of other people started walking up to it from the other side touching the car. Ruined my moment! >:(

Agreed. I really donā€™t understand why. Give me mischievous purple, eruption green, something. Iā€™m also real burn out on grabber blue.
All facts here. Imo, they need some kind dark metallic hue, like a crimson red or guard green, and a couple of bright candy options (that donā€™t HAVE to be heritage grabber codes). Just give me a damn green please.

I know this might sound weird, but I feel like a metallic golden bronze would look insane on this body with all of the gloss black accents. Kind of like that color we saw on the 2010 S197 but more intense.

In the meantime Vapor stands out hard.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Look at that variety.

S650 Mustang S650 GT Convertible | Miami International Auto Show (pics + vids) 1666704006723

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Appreciate the kind words. My goofy ass was so focused on taking pics and vids that I didnā€™t realize what was happening. Apparently when I was reaching inside to get some interior detail footage a bunch of other people started walking up to it from the other side touching the car. Ruined my moment! >:(

All facts here. Imo, they need some kind dark metallic hue, like a crimson red or guard green, and a couple of bright candy options (that donā€™t HAVE to be heritage grabber codes). Just give me a damn green please.

I know this might sound weird, but I feel like a metallic golden bronze would look insane on this body with all of the gloss black accents. Kind of like that color we saw on the 2010 S197 but more intense.

In the meantime Vapor stands out hard.
Sponsored