• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
There definitely does appear to be something facing the driver to the right of the wheel........unless its the test driver's phone lol.

Not sure how I'd feel about a curved screen for the driver......but lets wait for more camo to drop.

I think it was @Topnotch who mentioned the A-pillar speaker when these photos first hit, and he also mentioned a Mach E like centre screen.......
Taking into consideration that this car could’ve seen a 2020 release but was only put on halt in a last minute effort, I would imagine that most design elements were finalized for a 2020 release. Pushing the car back and rethinking some elements could mean that only a few parts from the original 2020 design needed to change.
I still think that the S650 Mustang should’ve been the first car to wear the new design language – exterior and interior wise. However, Hackett decided to build the Mach-E first and given it’s fairly short development time I would assume that they took the S650 design language, used the Name Mustang Mach 1 Mach-E and put it on top of an electric skateboard platform.

Therefore, Ace picture is really interesting, could be a driver centered Tesla screen, could be a curved screen like in the BMW i4 or it could simple be the screen of a test-drive laptop to show some recorded data while driving and testing setups… who knows.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 and 2020 GT500
It looks like the rear caliper is the emergency brake caliper. I wonder if it is mechanical or electric like the 20-22 GT500?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
We were? I missed that. The s550 has been the best looking Mustang in the past 49 years - by far. Why was a change so badly needed? This s650 'may' be a disappointment...
IMO the S500 looks acceptable. I still don't love the catfish mouth much, and the 2018+ is downright ugly. Mach and GT350 are slightly better than acceptable, but still not beautiful like some prior cars. The tail is definitely good looking, but to me the car as a whole isn't anything to rave about.

I'm waiting for the Mustang Miata, the Mustang Taurus Wagon, and the Mustang Supercar
Ford won't build a sporty Mustang, but they already did the Taurus (Mach E) and GT500 is plenty super. I do actually think of my GT as the Miata of Mustangs (it's the closest you're going to get to a light and low-powered Mustang).

Interesting render!

D9E5CBB0-457A-4A56-BFCC-319EFE4FB71F.jpeg
That's a handsome car. I hope the eyeballs are a little less squinty, but IMO that front is not as awkward as the current model GT.

Because design has proven to be the most important element of virtually any car, sports cars especially. As such, it's important to keep it fresh, to make a design that keeps people engaged.
I've noticed that the Challenger's old design doesn't sell at all and is completely non-competitive. In this market, great powertrains (large engines) definitely don't sell better than a styling revision. /sarcasm

Lighting elements are some of the most distinct styling elements on a car, especially at night, hence why it's an area of intense focus for many designers. It seems like you aren't really into car design, that's ok, imo, how a mustang looks is the most important thing about it. I don't care how fast the mustang is as long as it looks good. You can always make a car fast with aftermarket upgrades. You can't fix an ugly design, especially if the flaws with the design can be traced back to things like poor proportions, or an ugly overall shape.
I agree that lighting is an important styling element. When I see Dodge Durangos and Taurus (Tauri?) in my rear view, they remind me pleasantly of the beautiful S197 headlights I really miss from my 2011 GT.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
IMO the S500 looks acceptable. I still don't love the catfish mouth much, and the 2018+ is downright ugly. Mach and GT350 are slightly better than acceptable, but still not beautiful like some prior cars. The tail is definitely good looking, but to me the car as a whole isn't anything to rave about.
I share some of these sentiments. Specifically, I too hope the S650 has less of a "catfish" front end. 🐈 🐟

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

Ford won't build a sporty Mustang, but they already did the Taurus (Mach E) and GT500 is plenty super. I do actually think of my GT as the Miata of Mustangs (it's the closest you're going to get to a light and low-powered Mustang).

That's a handsome car. I hope the eyeballs are a little less squinty, but IMO that front is not as awkward as the current model GT.

I've noticed that the Challenger's old design doesn't sell at all and is completely non-competitive. In this market, great powertrains (large engines) definitely don't sell better than a styling revision. /sarcasm

I agree that lighting is an important styling element. When I see Dodge Durangos and Taurus (Tauri?) in my rear view, they remind me pleasantly of the beautiful S197 headlights I really miss from my 2011 GT.
I guess we'll see what matters more, design or engineering updates with the next gen FCA muscle cars. That ev muscle car is either going to see in droves because it's radically different, or it's going to flop because boomers can't get behind a loud car that isn't powered by dino juice. We'll see.

Regarding the challengers sales, who knows at this point. It's an old design, but they keep tweaking it. Everything in the challenger lineup pertaining to the hellcat and up is awesome. But all the other challenger models are nothing to write home about, they aren't terrible, they aren't great, just ok for what they are. I think rising challenger sales can be attributed to dwindling Camaro sales. Think about it, for one reason or another, the Camaro just isn't appealing to buyers anymore. But many of those buyers are still in the market for sport/muscle cars, and likely have a preference for American cars. Which leads them to...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I guess we'll see what matters more, design or engineering updates with the next gen FCA muscle cars. That ev muscle car is either going to see in droves because it's radically different, or it's going to flop because boomers can't get behind a loud car that isn't powered by dino juice. We'll see.

Regarding the challengers sales, who knows at this point. It's an old design, but they keep tweaking it. Everything in the challenger lineup pertaining to the hellcat and up is awesome. But all the other challenger models are nothing to write home about, they aren't terrible, they aren't great, just ok for what they are. I think rising challenger sales can be attributed to dwindling Camaro sales. Think about it, for one reason or another, the Camaro just isn't appealing to buyers anymore. But many of those buyers are still in the market for sport/muscle cars, and likely have a preference for American cars. Which leads them to...
Don't take from my post that I think an EV Challenger will sell well. I think it will flop big time. I will be interested to see what happens, though. IMO those that buy Camaro, Mustang and Challenger are generally not the same people that buy EVs.

I think having a really good looking design like the Challenger is more important than constant style revisions. Camaro's latest design was a flop and it really hurt sales. I think if the 2018 Mustang would have had the Mach 1 front end Ford would have sold a lot more Mustangs the last few years. Ford keeps saving the better looking designs for the halo cars instead of trying to make the main Mustang design beautiful. I think it hurts Mustang sales.

Reactions: JWS

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Don't take from my post that I think an EV Challenger will sell well. I think it will flop big time. I will be interested to see what happens, though. IMO those that buy Camaro, Mustang and Challenger are generally not the same people that buy EVs.
Besides some hardcore V8 fans, I think the change to EV will come faster than people realize. Especially when looking at the 4cyl or V6 models, do they really offer anything special that people will miss? The instant torque from EVs might be way more fun for a daily driver than those small engines. Especially the Challenger is already a way too heavy and not sporty car at all. An EV wouldn't have negative impact on sportiness, but could deliver a way more fun daily.

The V8 will survive in more specific, purely emotional models like Porsche 911, Shelby GT350, etc.

Drove the EV6 with 230hp and RWD recently and the torque punch was pretty amazing for the amount of power. I actually thinking about getting the EV6 GT with nearly 600hp as a daily driver, can't even imagine how that electic 546 ft lb with AWD will feel like. With rising gas prices I think a lot of people will check if they actually want to buy another ICE if they are looking for a new car currently

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

I think having a really good looking design like the Challenger is more important than constant style revisions. Camaro's latest design was a flop and it really hurt sales. I think if the 2018 Mustang would have had the Mach 1 front end Ford would have sold a lot more Mustangs the last few years. Ford keeps saving the better looking designs for the halo cars instead of trying to make the main Mustang design beautiful. I think it hurts Mustang sales.
I don't know man, on one hand, there are a lot of muscle car buyers who are in the "I won't buy anything other than a v8 camp" then there are others who buy muscle cars because they want the most amount of performance for their dollar. These buyers will be easily swayed by an ev muscle car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
I somewhat disagree. Even after owning one almost seven years, I think the S550 is my favorite design outside the first gen and I find it's still fresh. I admire mine in my shop all the time. By my eye, the GT350 is the high mark of S550 styling, hands down. It all just works. Beyond that, I prefer the '15-'17s because the front clip is a cleaner, simpler design and flows with the rear; the taillights on the '15-'17 are less busy as well being a straight triple element. The Mach 1 fascia corrects what I hate about the '18+ but the fender droop and weird hood sculpting remain and aren't my thing.

The S650 is going to have to be a hell of a looker for me to dump my S550 to pop for it...

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I somewhat disagree. Even after owning one almost seven years, I think the S550 is my favorite design outside the first gen and I find it's still fresh. I admire mine in my shop all the time. By my eye, the GT350 is the high mark of S550 styling, hands down. It all just works. Beyond that, I prefer the '15-'17s because the front clip is a cleaner, simpler design and flows with the rear; the taillights on the '15-'17 are less busy as well being a straight triple element. The Mach 1 fascia corrects what I hate about the '18+ but the fender droop and weird hood sculpting remain and aren't my thing.

The S650 is going to have to be a hell of a looker for me to dump my S550 to pop for it...
Couldn't agree more, it's a shame Kemal Curic went over to Lincoln, he's a truly gifted designer and I would have loved to see his take on additional ford branded designs. The s550 is easily in the top 5 best looking muscle cars of all time list. It's the most beautiful mustang design imo.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The V8 will survive in more specific, purely emotional models like Porsche 911
Porsche never put a V8 in the 911, but that got me thinking.... has anyone done that.
Yes:

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 V8

Just WOW...!!!
Apparently there is a company that helps folks who want to put a small block V8 into a 911.
Thanks Ace... I would have never even thought about Googling for this.

Hmmmm.... should I try and wedge a Ford 460 in my Cayman..... Naaahhhhh!

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Besides some hardcore V8 fans, I think the change to EV will come faster than people realize. Especially when looking at the 4cyl or V6 models, do they really offer anything special that people will miss? The instant torque from EVs might be way more fun for a daily driver than those small engines. Especially the Challenger is already a way too heavy and not sporty car at all. An EV wouldn't have negative impact on sportiness, but could deliver a way more fun daily.

The V8 will survive in more specific, purely emotional models like Porsche 911, Shelby GT350, etc.

Drove the EV6 with 230hp and RWD recently and the torque punch was pretty amazing for the amount of power. I actually thinking about getting the EV6 GT with nearly 600hp as a daily driver, can't even imagine how that electic 546 ft lb with AWD will feel like. With rising gas prices I think a lot of people will check if they actually want to buy another ICE if they are looking for a new car currently
V8 vs. another engine isn't a complete deal killer. Automatic transmission or no transmission is a deal killer though. I have absolutely no interest in driving something that doesn't have a manual transmission.

And I don't think batteries are competitive yet. I'll customize and drive an older car before I buy a current electric - even if they put a manual transmission in it.

I think you are right and I was a little too hard on S550 in that post. My GT350 did grow on me over the years. And if everything before 1974 is eliminated, I agree it slightly wins out on looks.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Porsche never put a V8 in the 911, but that got me thinking.... has anyone done that.
Yes:

V8.jpg

Just WOW...!!!
Apparently there is a company that helps folks who want to put a small block V8 into a 911.
Thanks Ace... I would have never even thought about Googling for this.

Hmmmm.... should I try and wedge a Ford 460 in my Cayman..... Naaahhhhh!
Oh sure, I meant ICEs will survive in those models

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
DeLorean Convention 10 Years Ago. Engineering Student Working at Disney for the Summer, put this together. Wonder where he's working now, or what he's done to the DeLorean Over the last Decade.
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1647016595143
Having just recently purchased a 2021 Escape AWD Hybrid, I really like the Mileage and the Acceleration is more than Adequate. Just wondering How Much Weight the V-8 Hybrid Mustang would Weigh. And if it went to AWD, how much Extra Weight on top of That?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There was lots of noise when it was announced the GT500 would be 4000lbs...............but once people drove them, nobody mentioned the weight. Ford knows how to make a heavy car handle :)
Sponsored