• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Here's what I'm looking at for registering my new Mustang next year (from the NM MVD site):

"The registration fee for passenger vehicles is based on the weight and model year of the vehicle. Registration fees range from $27.00 to $62.00 for a one (1) year registration or $54.00 to $124.00 for a two (2) year registration."

I guess I'll be shelling out $124. I so don't miss the 40 years I lived in Colo Spgs! Although it is really pretty and I do miss that plus the mountains. Just not the cost.
Wow...maybe I should plate my car in NM!
Sponsored

Kenny_k82

Threads
Reaction score
x-plan, use it or not?

I was wondering if my local ford dealer is trying to hose me. I went in and told them I had an x plan, I told them I wanted a
Gt premium 401a
Auto
Comp orange
$995 rim upgrade
Voice nav
She didn't ask for my pin and simply came back with a quote of $39500 and said that's the cheapest they can do with their dealer pricing which they said is cheaper than the x-plan. Are they just trying to take advantage of a first time buyer? And should I go to a different dealership with my xplan? Also that is with fees and destination charges included.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
I was wondering if my local ford dealer is trying to hose me. I went in and told them I had an x plan, I told them I wanted a
Gt premium 401a
Auto
Comp orange
$995 rim upgrade
Voice nav
She didn't ask for my pin and simply came back with a quote of $39500 and said that's the cheapest they can do with their dealer pricing which they said is cheaper than the x-plan. Are they just trying to take advantage of a first time buyer? And should I go to a different dealership with my xplan? Also that is with fees and destination charges included.
There is a helpful Excel price calculator that one of the forum members put together that is located here. It includes the various fees (excluding title and state tax). When I run your options through it. I see an X-plan price of $38,572.59. It might be good for you to try it in case I made an error. There is a lot of pricing information in this thread, which is where the link to the Excel pricing calculator is located.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach1 Premium HP & 2001 F150 4x4 Prerunner
Gt premium 401a
Auto
Comp orange
$995 rim upgrade
Voice nav
If the Dealer accepts the X-Plan, they HAVE TO show you the invoice, and what the X-Plan price is including the small extras they can charge. This includes an Advertising Fee (set by Ford) and up to $100 Processing Fee, PERIOD. The X-Plan price should be a couple hundred over invoice price. They make their money on the holdbacks and dealer incentives.

I just purchased an Edge using the X-Plan last Friday, and that is what they did for me. It is in the X-Plan rules on the Ford Partners web site. They don't have to accept the X-Plan, but they do have to play by the rules, or you need to contact Ford. There is a number and an email for doing so, again, on the Ford Partners web site.

Kenny_k82

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, they're definitely trying to pull one over on me. They specifically told me they accept the xplan. I'll contact ford and find a new dealership to work with...

Michael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Corvette
Have people been able to order the new Mustang with X-plan? I would think dealers would be trying to milk the new car for all it's worth.

Michael

Kenny_k82

Threads
Reaction score
Im torn between a new challenger or mustang and it comes down to price. Baxter dodge in Omaha has told me regardless of price I can order with their version of the xplan and get the car at 1% under invoice. I would hopeford dealers are willing to accept it right away as well.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have people been able to order the new Mustang with X-plan? I would think dealers would be trying to milk the new car for all it's worth.

Michael
Yes.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are we talking 1 in 100 dealers, or is it pretty common to be able to get X-plan?

Michael
If you go by what folks are posting here, it seems to be more common that 1 in 100 dealers. As a regional example, I was planning to order my car from somewhere in the Detroit area if my local dealership was not going to honor the X-plan (they did). I had the names of 4 potential dealers who would accept it from people who I know in the Detroit area.

At least 2 different dealership folks who post on here (located in WA, PA) who indicated they would accept it.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach1 Premium HP & 2001 F150 4x4 Prerunner
If you go by what folks are posting here, it seems to be more common that 1 in 100 dealers. As a regional example, I was planning to order my car from somewhere in the Detroit area if my local dealership was not going to honor the X-plan (they did). I had the names of 4 potential dealers who would accept it from people who I know in the Detroit area.

At least 2 different dealership folks who post on here (located in WA, PA) who indicated they would accept it.
All Ford dealers CAN take X-Plan, it's all up to whether they want to or not. If they want to maximize their profits and thumb their noses at X-Plan buyers, fine, go someplace else. They make a nice bit of money selling X-Plan cars, somewhere north of a grand, plus it helps their sales incentive numbers, and ordering cars, is the easiest sale there is.

Now I could see small dealers being less willing as they might be limited in allocation, especially the first months of roll out. There was a small dealer near me back when the Thunderbird Super-Coupes first came out, they didn't want to sell the only one they had because it was a draw to bring people in, but you could order one if you wanted.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I got mine on X-Plan, I think it's actually pretty common.

Pretty sure you can even buy the car through any dealer to get X-Plan and they can arrange to ship it to a local dealer for delivery.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
I got mine on X-Plan, I think it's actually pretty common.

Pretty sure you can even buy the car through any dealer to get X-Plan and they can arrange to ship it to a local dealer for delivery.
X-plan is indeed pretty common. Not so sure about your second comment though. Some don't even let you purchase if you are out of state. If they did and allowed it to be shipped to another dealer, they are both going to want a cut of the sale price, which means it's going to cost more.

To the OP, call around and ask local dealers if they'll accept X-plan pricing on a pre-ordered 2015 Mustang with a reasonable (and fully refundable) deposit. It seems that most are paying $500. Some are paying more, some aren't paying a deposit at all. But you should definitely call around if your current dealer has no plans to accept X-plan pricing.

Alternatively, you could call them and tell them you'd like to cancel your order BECAUSE they won't accept X-plan and see what they say. They may just change their mind. You could also tell a little white lie and say that you've already found another dealer that's willing to do so, to give them added incentive to match.

Just my $0.02.
Sponsored