• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

X-Plan on New Mustang

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
As soon as you pay? Coupon is instant. The only thing you are waiting for is the card, but as long as you have a pin, dealers may take that as evidence enough, proof of payment.
Yes, you can get the pins immediately. I suspect for the x-plan pin, you'll need to have proof, but I could be wrong. I know for me, they required a copy of my employee badge for the x-plan pin I used (from my employer). But for the rebate, they didn't ask for proof.
Sponsored

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Yes, you can get the pins immediately. I suspect for the x-plan pin, you'll need to have proof, but I could be wrong. I know for me, they required a copy of my employee badge for the x-plan pin I used (from my employer). But for the rebate, they didn't ask for proof.
I think it's just a crapshoot with the dealer.

Mine asked me for nothing as far as proof goes. Hell, they didn't even care that I forgot my registration and proof of insurance at home when I cleaned out my trade the night before. :)

hangover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M235i or S550 cant decide !!!
You come to this country, take advantage of the system and think because we are tolerant that we are weak and helpless. Your arrogance offends me.
LOL!! Great line...

Okay so what is the difference between A and Z plan pricing on a GT PREM manual PP 400A? Could X with rebates be lower than A?

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Noob here. I read up on the OP about how to register and get the xplan pin. However, do you need to be affiliated or employed with a "sister company" of Ford in order to qualify? Also, do i have to be a member for the 60 days BEFORE i order my car? Since it will take close to that for it to come into the dealership, i was not sure. Sorry if that has been covered, i do not have time to read through all of the pages. Thanks in advance guys.

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
Noob here. I read up on the OP about how to register and get the xplan pin. However, do you need to be affiliated or employed with a "sister company" of Ford in order to qualify? Also, do i have to be a member for the 60 days BEFORE i order my car? Since it will take close to that for it to come into the dealership, i was not sure. Sorry if that has been covered, i do not have time to read through all of the pages. Thanks in advance guys.
Nope. You are good immediately

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man! I am doing all of that as we speak. That'll more than pay for the performance package on my 5.0 :)

EDIT: wow, that was quick and easy!

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I've bought two cars using X plan pricing that I get through my job. Neither one of the times the dealer asked for any proof that I get x plan. They just took my word for it.

Supa LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've bought two cars using X plan pricing that I get through my job. Neither one of the times the dealer asked for any proof that I get x plan. They just took my word for it.
Well, that's a nice thing to know. I'm sure, knowing my luck, they'll be sticklers about it.

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
It might work. I also went to different dealerships both times and didn't know anyone there.

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EcoBoost Performance 50th
So, tomorrow I'm going into the dealership to set my special order. I just have one more question: before I go in and do all of this, do you qualify for financing and lock in a deal at the time of order or will financing be set at delivery?

Jshsharp03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
So, tomorrow I'm going into the dealership to set my special order. I just have one more question: before I go in and do all of this, do you qualify for financing and lock in a deal at the time of order or will financing be set at delivery?

At delivery you will take care of financing/paying. You do want to bring up that you want to use X-Plan on the front end though. They should be able to print out everything in the X-Plan pricing. Not all dealers require a deposit either. My car is on order with my name on the sticker without a deposit.

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
You definitely let them know you want to buy on X-Plan up front, as stated above.

When you do financing, you normally get a 30 day lock on the rate, so you don't want to do that too early, and it only needs to be done when you take delivery. The dealer may want to try and do your financing since they get paid for every loan they send to their finance partner. Not a lot, but they do get something out of it.

I got pre-qualified from my bank, and they gave me a rough range of rates based on data I gave them. Then I let the dealer try to meet or beat it at the given term. Fortunately, the dealer was able to beat my bank, so I let him have the loan and I was in and out in 20 minutes.

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EcoBoost Performance 50th
Cool. I have my pin from the EAA and I see the button in the ford partners website to click and get the $750 coupon, but that just asked me to fill out some information and I haven't received it. Am I missing something? How do I get the $750 coupon?
Sponsored