• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Who has used the Valet parking feature?

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
Anyone use the valet parking feature on their 2024 yet? Was thinking it would be a hell of a prank to let my buddy drive it & then set the valet parking mode on it while he's in the store. Should be able to set the speed & RPM limit I assume. Then when he gets back in OH shit man you broke the car LOL!
Sponsored

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2022 Ford Explorer ST-Line
I used it when I got my windows tinted. All it does is lock the center console (certain packages) and locks out the center screen, so they can't access anything like navigation, media, etc. As far as I know, nothing with speed or RPM limiting.
Ford used to have something called My key I believe that could limits speeds for certain drivers, meant to be like a parental control.

Tebu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I donā€™t have the car yet but according to the manual @sicksix sounds right.

S650 Mustang Who has used the Valet parking feature? IMG_4333

S650 Mustang Who has used the Valet parking feature? IMG_4334

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I donā€™t have the car yet but according to the manual @sicksix sounds right.

IMG_4333.jpeg

IMG_4334.jpeg
Out of curiosity is this something the owner should preset just in case. As in sure would hate for some ā€˜knowledgeableā€™ individual to find seat time enough to ā€˜pin lockā€™ you out of your own car.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
Will be trying it out in a few months, got a weekend trip planned and taking the stang. Valet or self-parking at hotel.....if I can get the car parked out front of hotel, will do valet, if not may self-park depending on location.

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WHAT? We've gone backwards? My 2011 has the my key & lets you limit speed-RPM's. Thought the 2024 would let you do the same! That's sort of the idea so when dropping the car off or valet parking they can't abuse the vehicle! So to me if this is true definitely a step backwards. Now I can't mess with my friend!!!

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
WHAT? We've gone backwards? My 2011 has the my key & lets you limit speed-RPM's. Thought the 2024 would let you do the same! That's sort of the idea so when dropping the car off or valet parking they can't abuse the vehicle! So to me if this is true definitely a step backwards. Now I can't mess with my friend!!!
MyKey is no longer on the Mustang as of the 2024 model year

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Valet mode is no different in the '24 Mustang that it is in every other Ford. It's intended to lock someone out of all your personal information (e.g., contact list from phone, saved places on GPS, etc.), and doesn't work like MyKey did.

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Valet mode is no different in the '24 Mustang that it is in every other Ford. It's intended to lock someone out of all your personal information (e.g., contact list from phone, saved places on GPS, etc.), and doesn't work like MyKey did.
Yeah wonder why they wouldn't let you have control over the speed-RPM's! Makes no sense to me & I wonder if this could be corrected or added through an update.

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Look in the center console under the rubber mat ..the Mykey location is still printed in that location where u would place the mykey to have programmed ..but itā€™s pointless

OP
OP
Darkness24

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look in the center console under the rubber mat ..the Mykey location is still printed in that location where u would place the mykey to have programmed ..but itā€™s pointless
Not sure what you're saying here. Why is it pointless? Can you set the RPM's & speed?

sicksix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2022 Ford Explorer ST-Line
According to my sales guy... The space in the center console is to reset the connection between the key fob and the vehicle. Sometimes interference from other wireless signals can mess with the key fob signal, and it will need to resync with the vehicle.
Sponsored