• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
I presume they're going to tune it via piggy-back, since the PCM is locked?
No. Whipple has full access to tuning the 24's. They will be flashed with the Whipple tomahawk device.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Ford could be heading for very murky legal waters here. If they “approve” certain canned tunes, is that a tacit admission Ford *guarantees*, and therefore warranties them?

The Ford approved tunes would have to have CARB approval for specific model years. As far as warranty, that will probably fall under Ford Performance with the similar warranty they offer now for the S550.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)
Could you throw this on a DH and crank up the boost slightly due to the stronger rods and crank? :inlove:

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Question from the uninitiated: what's the difference between a stage 1 kit and stage 2?
It is not that they change the supercharger, but supply additional external components that allow it to make more horsepower. IE pulley, injectors, etc. Basically power add ons.

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Question from the uninitiated: what's the difference between a stage 1 kit and stage 2?
Stage 1 uses the stock throttle body while stage 2 will use Whipples larger aftermarket throttle body. A drop in pump replacement, larger injectors as well as a different calibration are also what the stage 2 offers over the stage 1 most of the time.

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Stage 1 uses the stock throttle body while stage 2 will use Whipples larger aftermarket throttle body. A drop in pump replacement, larger injectors as well as a different calibration are also what the stage 2 offers over the stage 1 most of the time.
Thanks for the comprehensive reply, and just the guy I was hoping to hear from. From what I understand the Gen4 Coyote has 2 upsized throttle bodies and cold air intakes for each, so would replacing the throttle bodies be even beneficial?

Also, I noticed Ford performance offers SC kits for the GT, but not the Bullit or Mach1, so I was afraid the DH would be in the same boat. On the other hand, it seems Whipple has already announced a kit will be coming for the Rucio Moro, so here's crossing fingers!

VenomousDeath

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take it from someone that went this route, it’s a deep deep dark rabbit hole! It’s not just $8500.00 there are sooooooo many additional costs it’s never ending! Also I had a lot of battery issues I had 3 other friends with Whipple s with the identical
Issues! My car had to live on a tender, alternatively the ac could barely keep up keeping the car cool, the ac would drastically increase the IAT and also the Whipple added heat due to placement of the ac compressor was hard for them to work side by side.

long story short I’ll be very happy to keep the car motor stock this gen, as much as I liked the power you can’t even utilize it 90% of the time and it will only get you into trouble 👿

just my opinion

S650 Mustang Whipple Gen 6 Supercharger coming for 2024 Mustang S650 IMG_6914

S650 Mustang Whipple Gen 6 Supercharger coming for 2024 Mustang S650 IMG_7818

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Take it from someone that went this route, it’s a deep deep dark rabbit hole! It’s not just $8500.00 there are sooooooo many additional costs it’s never ending! Also I had a lot of battery issues I had 3 other friends with Whipple s with the identical
Issues! My car had to live on a tender, alternatively the ac could barely keep up keeping the car cool, the ac would drastically increase the IAT and also the Whipple added heat due to placement of the ac compressor was hard for them to work side by side.

long story short I’ll be very happy to keep the car motor stock this gen, as much as I liked the power you can’t even utilize it 90% of the time and it will only get you into trouble 👿

just my opinion

IMG_6914.jpeg

IMG_7818.jpeg

Never seen or heard of those issues here in Arizona or anywhere else for that matter with any F150 or GT. My Whipple has been rock solid. We got almost 120 degree weather now and no battery or AC issues and I'm still on the factory battery on a 2018 F150.

I have had a few FI kits on a few Fords and I would say Whipple is by far the best out of the box kit you can get.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Just saw StangMode's latest YouTube video where his "sources" are telling him that Ford will allow preferred supercharger manufactors (i.e. Whipple, Roush, etc.) to have access to the locked PCM. Which means canned tunes from Ford's select manufactorers. The PCM will be essentially locked with the availabilty of over-the-air updates. So your local tuner will be SOL tuning the S650 until there is a workaround or the locked PCM is cracked.

Here's where he states this starting at 2:31 in this video:

Whipple has had access for a while now. Very close associate of mine has been doing installs for Whipple on the 24' for testing in Detroit.
Sponsored