• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nice find. This confirms at least some performance shops will have access to be able to tune the 7th gen mustangs.

I expect roush will also have offerings for the s650.

We will have to wait and see if the pcm is locked for aftermarket tuners that don’t have deep connections with ford.

OP
OP

BayouDude82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2022 F-150 Raptor
I presume they're going to tune it via piggy-back, since the PCM is locked?
Just saw StangMode's latest YouTube video where his "sources" are telling him that Ford will allow preferred supercharger manufactors (i.e. Whipple, Roush, etc.) to have access to the locked PCM. Which means canned tunes from Ford's select manufactorers. The PCM will be essentially locked with the availabilty of over-the-air updates. So your local tuner will be SOL tuning the S650 until there is a workaround or the locked PCM is cracked.

Here's where he states this starting at 2:31 in this video:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
AKA "Until our ECU is hacked you can only run the mods we approve."

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Ford could be heading for very murky legal waters here. If they “approve” certain canned tunes, is that a tacit admission Ford *guarantees*, and therefore warranties them?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Ford could be heading for very murky legal waters here. If they “approve” certain canned tunes, is that a tacit admission Ford *guarantees*, and therefore warranties them?
Not if they aren't sold via Ford. No. If Ford sold/installed it then that confusion would exist.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Just saw StangMode's latest YouTube video where his "sources" are telling him that Ford will allow preferred supercharger manufactors (i.e. Whipple, Roush, etc.) to have access to the locked PCM. Which means canned tunes from Ford's select manufactorers. The PCM will be essentially locked with the availabilty of over-the-air updates. So your local tuner will be SOL tuning the S650 until there is a workaround or the locked PCM is cracked.

Here's where he states this starting at 2:31 in this video:

I wonder what will happen the first time they push an over-the-air update and forget to exempt the supercharger versions...

I wonder what the response would be if they pushed an over the air update that "de-tuned" everyone's stock 650 from 480 to 440 for "reliability reasons"

SesiomSummers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 LE gt
just give the hptunners community time... Dodge and GM said both our ECUs and TCMs are locked and then, comunnity tuned them like nothing...
I just wish there will be an "oficial tune" TT option for the gen 4 coyote as here, where I live at 8500+ feets over sea level... NA engines lost about 30% of their power so a random kid on a GOLF, BMW 235i, etc will destroy any mustang, camaro and vette naturally aspirated on straight line

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
just give the hptunners community time... Dodge and GM said both our ECUs and TCMs are locked and then, comunnity tuned them like nothing...
I just wish there will be an "oficial tune" TT option for the gen 4 coyote as here, where I live at 8500+ feets over sea level... NA engines lost about 30% of their power so a random kid on a GOLF, BMW 235i, etc will destroy any mustang, camaro and vette naturally aspirated on straight line
C8 and Z4/Supra ECUs are still locked...

IntenseGT

In The Air of The Night
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' GT MT PP1 PREM AE MR - MAGNETIC
Does anyone know if pro charger is a part of this list of tuners? This is going to determine if I go Mach1 or DH (sorry Whipple guys)

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Have they mentioned if you have to have a shop do the install, by any chance? I like to work on my own cars and I don't want to have to pay a shop to install a supercharger just so I can have access to the required tune.

mustangdave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 and 67 mustang
Ford said the rods were bending around 500 h.p. so they used the gt350 rods in the Dark Horse. Now they're going to throw 200 or more h.p. on the bendy rods?
Sponsored