• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I disagree
Yeah I'm gonna have to say no to that. I've never been a huge fan of the foxbodies design. But I love the s650. The interior isn't perfect, but it's far more attractive than that.
Sponsored

Cory1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Fatboy, JK Wrangler, 85' Square Body
First I want to thank everyone who is not buying a s650 because of the interior. Really helps everyone who wants one, to get it sooner. You guys are the true heros!

As for the s650 screens, personally I'm not a fan of the design. Feels like the lazy way out to just plop some screens on a dash. I have a mach E and honestly don't really think about the interior that much, I think we'll learn to love it, give it time.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
S550s dropping in price pretty significantly; you could always just buy another one
Yeah, my plan is to look for a low mileage S550, preferably the GT350. Otherwise go for the S650 but probably wait a year for additional colors and bugs to be fixed.

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2021 Ram 1500 TRX
Yeah I'm gonna have to say no to that. I've never been a huge fan of the foxbodies design. But I love the s650. The interior isn't perfect, but it's far more attractive than that.
S650 interior is basically Foxbody with digital dash, its even curved the same way as the old foxbody analog gauge cluster. They are definitely similar. Correct me if I’m wrong but Foxbody was the longest running design of the mustang so far, 15 years i think even tho there were minor revisions over the years.

DarkHorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse(Pending)
I personally think, it is about time. The “retro” thing was played out 5yrs ago. Im all about the tech. Hell, the tech is a large part of the draw for me.

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
I gotta say I had been holding out buying a new car till the reveal of the 650. I really got excited when I saw it roll out, love the exterior. Then I saw the interior with the ipad dash, totally turned me off. So now I have a ZL1 on order.
Like many have said, it's not that it's digital, or that I'm against new tech. It's just the ridiculous way they (non) integrated the ipad onto the dash. Just couldn't get past that. That stupid ipad is the ONLY reason I'm not getting a DH.

You're welcome, to those who get theirs faster cuz I didn't buy one.

69fstbak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 fast back
I definitely love tech and screens in a car, but I just think they went with a lazy approach and stuck a screen/ipad on the dash.

Would have been a bit nicer integrated into the dash design and reduce the dead bezel size

I get the fox body reference but at least the gauges were in the dash.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
The dash board simply sucks all around. It's a big, red throbbing pimple on the s650 (and during my teenage years).

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I hate automotive regs (despite the fact that they force our cars to be safer and prevent the world from turning into a smog planet) but I would not be against some form of governing that mandates the requirement of physical HVAC controls for cars with climate. Literally just keep a volume knob and climate control physical and do whatever with the rest idc

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Here you have something to compare with.
I think Nissan did a better job than Ford.

Nissan did a great job with the Z. Gorgeous car with analog feel. They dropped the ball in the suspension department though. Hopefully the Nismo fares far better.

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
I definitely love tech and screens in a car, but I just think they went with a lazy approach and stuck a screen/ipad on the dash.

Would have been a bit nicer integrated into the dash design and reduce the dead bezel size

I get the fox body reference but at least the gauges were in the dash.
I agree fully. I love bells and whistles. I know people make the argument that there's more shit to break but I love it.
A friend of mine recently just bought a 2023 Sonata Limited and the car is full of tech. Love that thing..
I hope that the screens won't look tacked on like the Mazda/Mercedes/Audi/VW screens...those looked so bad.
Sponsored