• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Welcome lighting not working?

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Today I noticed that my Mustang did not welcome me. When I hit unlock all the lights came up but did not welcome me as I walked up to it with the key in my pocket. I turned on the car and checked the vehicle settings and welcome lighting is turned on. After I turned off the engine and locked my car, the lights went off right away; there's generally a few seconds delay when I hit lock and when the lights go off but not today.

Anyone's had this issue before? What could it be? How to fix it?
Sponsored

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Guess the F-150's gets it for free. I couldn't find anything on a subscription for My2024. There was some info if the other fob was in the the zone it would not work.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You guys are joking right?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I did a search and found the info on the F-150 forums.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Mine was intermittent. Sometimes it works just fine but when I want to show someone the feature it doesn't. Performance anxiety I think

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This is supposed to work automatically as you approach the car, without any button presses? If so, perhaps the direction that you approach the vehicle has to do with it.

OP
OP
TheRuthlessObliterator

TheRuthlessObliterator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
This is supposed to work automatically as you approach the car, without any button presses? If so, perhaps the direction that you approach the vehicle has to do with it.
I tried to approach in all directions. It didn’t work yesterday for some reason. I found that really weird. It was working fine until couple of days ago.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I tried to approach in all directions. It didn’t work yesterday for some reason. I found that really weird. It was working fine until couple of days ago.
As an example, on some BMW models, approaching directly from the front may not work, as there is a blind spot for the system in that direction. Not sure how it works on the Mustang, but maybe something similar happened?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Only works for about two week. Then you have to subscrible for a monthly fee for this feature.
Seriously? Come on Ford! Sheesh

Edit - OK not serious

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I think it also stops if you are near the car alot and it lights up a bunch of times.... (maybe a limit).
I noticed mine stopped one day after walking by it constantly w/key in pocket. Again, this may be for battery protection.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
As an example, on some BMW models, approaching directly from the front may not work, as there is a blind spot for the system in that direction. Not sure how it works on the Mustang, but maybe something similar happened?
I've been able to come at it (Mustang) from any direction. Works every time. I think you can disable it if you want. Don't know of any other limitations or why it's intermittent for anyone.

Thankfully, it's worked every time I've gone to show it off. 😅
Sponsored