• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TPMS replacement???

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
Hey guys. So i recently got a new pair of wheels and tires. apparently from the 4 stock wheels only 2 had TPMS sensors for some reason. I never had an issue with the reading on the dash until i switched to the new wheels. the tire shop transferred over the tpms sensors on the front but the rear had no sensors. For the next couple days the car was fine and i was getting the reading for the tire pressure but then the rear left tire stopped reading the tire pressure. the rear right which still had no sensor still reads the pressure. iā€™m just going to buy a 2 new sensors for the rear but im confused if the tpms remote to for the car to relearn works on the 2024 mustang. Has anyone had this issue or used the TPMS remote?
Sponsored

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
There is no way that your rear tires did not have sensors, that shop MUST have done something. did you see them take out your sensors and put them in your new wheels? I just don't buy that one...because as soon as you knew this, you should have stopped them and took your car to the dealer to get the new sensors that they OWE you on your new car.

Personally, I don't believe this shop, and they must the messed something up then lied to you about your car not having sensors on the rear. ALL four tires have sensors, and Ford can not program the car without them. OR you would have seen the warning lights when you picked up the car. I transferred over my sensors as well, and ALL four had sensors. There is just no way...NEVER heard this one before! Makes no sense what so ever. Also, if you buy new sensors...they need to be programmed at a dealer because it's a 24. So IF you believe they did not have sensors on the rear, and you buy more...get them from Ford. They will program them for you at no cost.

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I personally bought 4 new TPMS sensors from ford when I ordered my wheels, and to my Suprise, they instantly read without being retaught.
That is good news. The dealers here, said that it would not work if I bought new sensors, and that it would need to be programmed once installed. But we all know they sometimes just brush you off with nonsense.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
That is good news. The dealers here, said that it would not work if I bought new sensors, and that it would need to be programmed once installed. But we all know they sometimes just brush you off with nonsense.
the well-known shop i had install the sensors with my new tire and wheels said they couldn't "wake up" the sensors and that I'd have to have ford do it. When i put the wheels on i took it for a spin, and to my Suprise they all read just above where id like them to, and 2 weeks later, still all reading just fine.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Wheels without sensors reporting "ghost" data is a bit of a concern. Mine alarm in a few moments if something is not right. There have been a few threads of owners and shops installing non-Ford sensors. Cheaper in price, quality and tolerances (frequency variations, transmit power, etc.)

Link below might be helpful: it references the Ford PN# for replacement units.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tpms-kit.158444/page-2#post-3235256

For the last few years, Ford's TPMS sensors are designed to automatically pair with the car. YMMV, but they should not have to be trained.

TPMS sensors have two pieces internal to them: an accelerometer and a battery. Once the wheel begins to spin, the sensor turns on. After a 100 yards / 30 meters or so, they should begin pairing to the car. The process should be complete within five to ten minutes.

I have a different MY, older. Mine synch'd up completely by the first .25 mile / .4 km.

IF you purchase new Ford sensors and they do not work, dealers will often re-train them for free.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kneeko

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
There is no way that your rear tires did not have sensors, that shop MUST have done something. did you see them take out your sensors and put them in your new wheels? I just don't buy that one...because as soon as you knew this, you should have stopped them and took your car to the dealer to get the new sensors that they OWE you on your new car.

Personally, I don't believe this shop, and they must the messed something up then lied to you about your car not having sensors on the rear. ALL four tires have sensors, and Ford can not program the car without them. OR you would have seen the warning lights when you picked up the car. I transferred over my sensors as well, and ALL four had sensors. There is just no way...NEVER heard this one before! Makes no sense what so ever. Also, if you buy new sensors...they need to be programmed at a dealer because it's a 24. So IF you believe they did not have sensors on the rear, and you buy more...get them from Ford. They will program them for you at no cost.
yeah. the issue wasnā€™t this tire shop. When i went i stayed the whole time and as soon as the unmounted the old wheel they called me to come check it to show the sensor wasnā€™t there. then when the unmounted the next tire i stayed next to them the whole time and once again the showed me there was no sensor. that shop was very honest and iā€™ve been doing business with them for a long time. the main issue was that a couple months prior i took my stock wheels to go get powder coated at another shop and im almost 99% sure that other shop either took or damaged the sensors. they were very sketchy and did such a bad job. They left the lug nuts unitghted and i only realized after i got home, they didnā€™t balance the wheels properly and the car was shaking like crazy. and the power coat came out so poorly. that other shop horrible. I am going to go to the dealer and order 2 sensor and have them put it together. Iā€™m usually not one to complain and i was honestly going to forget the all the issues with that shop but after all this iā€™m going to def complain and leave a review cause unacceptable.

OP
OP
kneeko

kneeko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 S650 GT
Wheels without sensors reporting "ghost" data is a bit of a concern. Mine alarm in a few moments if something is not right. There have been a few threads of owners and shops installing non-Ford sensors. Cheaper in price, quality and tolerances (frequency variations, transmit power, etc.)

Link below might be helpful: it references the Ford PN# for replacement units.

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-tpms-kit.158444/page-2#post-3235256

For the last few years, Ford's TPMS sensors are designed to automatically pair with the car. YMMV, but they should not have to be trained.

TPMS sensors have two pieces internal to them: an accelerometer and a battery. Once the wheel begins to spin, the sensor turns on. After a 100 yards / 30 meters or so, they should begin pairing to the car. The process should be complete within five to ten minutes.

I have a different MY, older. Mine synch'd up completely by the first .25 mile / .4 km.

IF you purchase new Ford sensors and they do not work, dealers will often re-train them for free.
yeah i will def do this. Itā€™s so weird because the whole time i had data reported from the sensors. even after they mounted the wheels without the sensor i was getting a reading. it wasnā€™t until like 3 days later that it stopped.
sucks for me i gotta spend more money now. :ā€™(
Sponsored