• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
GOktTo1.png

[/QUOTE]
I think the bronze would look good on black, and if you get tired of it then switch them out in a couple years with aftermarket wheels.

But with the 4 that you like, I dont think you can go wrong. Any of them will look great. Go with what you like best.
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
I vote for the standard wheel with the checkmark by it, looks good and then will get normal badging also , not be all black
Same vote for me. I don't want to deal with cleaning complicated designs but maybe they wash off kind of easy because of the way they are painted but any kind of scrubbing would be time consuming. I'm getting a convertible as well and I'm going with the standard Shadow Silver GT premium wheels that are checked as well as I know they will be reasonable to clean, they work with the Brembos and I think the color won't be too dark or too light. I was really torn on the performance pack but it adds about $7 K for wheels I don't really like. Non performance pack cars run the same 1/4 mile time and acctually trap 2 mph faster anyways according to C & D. The performace pack is more about handling but those handling bits add weight and drag although I'm sad I can't get magneride without it.

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
although I'm sad I can't get magneride without it.
Another own goal FAIL that GM isn't so stupid as to deny it's customers. It's like @Ford Motor Company doesn't bother to look around at it's immediate competition and just assumes they are untouchable.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Another own goal FAIL that GM isn't so stupid to deny it's customers. It's like @Ford Motor Company doesn't bother to look around at it's immediate competition and just assumed they are untouchable.
Seriously Matt. We get a Gen 7 and the Camaro is history. Yeah go GM. :facepalm:

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Grand Cherokee SRT
Same vote for me. I don't want to deal with cleaning complicated designs but maybe they wash off kind of easy because of the way they are painted but any kind of scrubbing would be time consuming. I'm getting a convertible as well and I'm going with the standard Shadow Silver GT premium wheels that are checked as well as I know they will be reasonable to clean, they work with the Brembos and I think the color won't be too dark or too light. I was really torn on the performance pack but it adds about $7 K for wheels I don't really like. Non performance pack cars run the same 1/4 mile time and acctually trap 2 mph faster anyways according to C & D. The performace pack is more about handling but those handling bits add weight and drag although I'm sad I can't get magneride without it.
That sounds like where I'm heading too. The checked wheels above, 401A, brembos, and active exhaust. I like the nite pony look but yeah I'm just not sure that I want EVERYTHING to be black. I sort of like the chrome touches with the badging. Agree on the PP, I have no intention of getting it and those wheels would not be something I would look forward to cleaning.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds like where I'm heading too. The checked wheels above, 401A, brembos, and active exhaust. I like the nite pony look but yeah I'm just not sure that I want EVERYTHING to be black. I sort of like the chrome touches with the badging. Agree on the PP, I have no intention of getting it and those wheels would not be something I would look forward to cleaning.
The nite pony package would be a very close second choice for me as I do think the black wheels go with the black top and black 5.0 badge quite nicely although I don't like the blacked out horse emblem in the grill even though that is probably an easy swap. Just personal preference that I like the look of a wheel that is more of a natural metal color like shadow silver than a full on painted color like black.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would take the cheapest OEM wheels and go aftermarket.

Specially in the US as you guys have so much to choose from with good pricing
What are some of the better brands out there? I have been out of the loop since the Fox Body. I'm mostly interested in reducing weight as a starting point.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
What are some of the better brands out there? I have been out of the loop since the Fox Body. I'm mostly interested in reducing weight as a starting point.
Best bang for buck Apex wheels should definitely be considered.

There are many different price brackets(as with everything)
HRE
Vossen
Ferrada
Signature wheels
Project6gr
BC Forged
Forgestar
Niche
König wheels (have some fitments for the S550(should be the same for s650)
Advan(not sure if they have anything for the Mustang though)
Volk(have some fitments for the S550(should be the same for s650)
Rays(not sure if they have anything for the Mustang though)
+Many more

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Best bang for buck Apex wheels should definitely be considered.

There are many different price brackets(as with everything)
HRE
Vossen
Ferrada
Signature wheels
Project6gr
BC Forged
Forgestar
Niche
König wheels (have some fitments for the S550(should be the same for s650)
Advan(not sure if they have anything for the Mustang though)
Volk(have some fitments for the S550(should be the same for s650)
Rays(not sure if they have anything for the Mustang though)
+Many more
Thanks for all the recommendations man!! I actually looked at all of them. Looking for something to improve my traction out of the hole over the 19 x 8.5 wheels the non-performance pack car comes with as I personally don't like Ford's wider performance pack wheel option. I will probably use the stock wheels with the stock all season tires to keep the fluids moving a bit on nicer winter days after a good rain has cleared the salt off the road and run summer tires on the aftermarket wheels. My favorites I found so far are these Anthracite ( dark silver looking ) wheels from Apex in 19 x 10 Front / 19 x 11 Rear and I found these dark Blue wheels from Volk in 19 x 9 Front / 19 x 10.5 Rear. The car will be Atlas Blue Metallic. Not sure if that would be blue overload but I think they will be considerable darker than the paint on the car.

S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium Silver Wheel

S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium Blue Wheel

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red 401A Premium GT 6-speed, 2015 F-250
Top right will be easiest to keep clean then the one next to it.

JS1951

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, hayabusa
What do the PP wheels look like on GT Premium?

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
On Shadow Black, Bronze all the way.