• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
I'm supposed to get with the dealer later today to put my order in on a 2024 GT Premium Convertible with 401A upgrade

I'm looking to get Shadow Black for sure. I really think black works for convertibles.

The only thing I'm struggling with are the wheel options. This is especially difficult since it's so difficult if not impossible to see real world images of what these things actually look like on the car.

I am not getting the performance package. My current vehicle is a Grand Cherokee SRT with the "spider monkey" wheels. I absolutely HATE cleaning those things so I know for sure I want to go with a simpler spoke pattern this time around.

That leaves me to the ones that aren't crossed out below. Basically the black painted (requires nite pony package), the bronze painted (requires bronze package), the standard Shadow Silver Painted, or the Polished Aluminum 5-spoke (stand alone upgrade)

I have reservations about each. The bronze LOOKS really good from what I've seen, but I wonder if that's more of a trendy color choice and may look dated in a couple years. The black seems like a good option, but is it just TOO much black along with the blacked out badging? The shadow silver seem ok but there are one or two pics on the internet that haven't looked all that great. Lastly the polished aluminum has not been seen in the wild. No idea how this would look on the car.

What do you guys think? For those that didn't order the PP what did you go with and why? Is the all black look a little too much? Would the standard silver look good on a black car or are they too bright? In terms of the spoke pattern I prefer the black or bronze. But not sure about the color. Thanks.

S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium GOktTo1
Sponsored

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
Iā€™m probably too bias, because I have always been a huge fan of chrome wheels. Chrome on black would look awesome to me.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
it might help narrow your options to learn the bronze wheels require the bronze appearance pack which also gives you a bronze 5.0 and GT logo and bronze pony on the front of the car.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m probably too bias, because I have always been a huge fan of chrome wheels. Chrome on black would look awesome to me.
Totally a timeless and classic style. Chrome rims will never be out of style or look dated. Good point

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it might help narrow your options to learn the bronze wheels require the bronze appearance pack which also gives you a bronze 5.0 and GT logo and bronze pony on the front of the car.
Yeah I'm aware of that, but I still wonder if the whole bronze look it just a fad and I may get tired of it quickly. It does look good on all the pictures I've seen so far. Saw it in person at the auto show and thought they looked nice.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Yeah I'm aware of that, but I still wonder if the whole bronze look it just a fad and I may get tired of it quickly. It does look good on all the pictures I've seen so far. Saw it in person at the auto show and thought they looked nice.
who cares if its a fad or not? if it looks good and you love the idea then go for it, you're buying a car for yourself, not to win some popularity contest (this goes for any option, not just the wheels). All the wheel options look good imo, i got the pronze pp wheels because i liked the look of bronze on grabber blue.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Bronze is no more a fad than black wheels. Bronze has always been around, just not as common. Think WRX STi, Porsches, Challengers. I feel they look best against red, blue, or green cars

I really like the wheel you have the checkmark on. But totally understand needing to see it on the car

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronze is no more a fad than black wheels. Bronze has always been around, just not as common. Think WRX STi, Porsches, Challengers. I feel they look best against red, blue, or green cars

I really like the wheel you have the checkmark on. But totally understand needing to see it on the car
Yes, good points. Like I said I've seen them in person and really liked them. Not trying to dis the bronze wheels or anything. The one that's checked is the standard wheel for the GT Premium so it has the added advantage of no additional charges or packages required.

I think I'm between the standard wheel and the nite pony package at this point. My concern on the nite pony is maybe it's just too much black for a black car. A little chrome may jazz it up vs a monotone look. The red brembros would sure look nice on black wheels though!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
spend 1/2 the money and get GOOD and proper wheels from SVE etc.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
spend 1/2 the money and get GOOD and proper wheels from SVE etc.
No kidding! I just looked at their wheels. The gloss graphite looks amazing!

seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT
Here is a pic of my S550 antimatter blue which is darn close to black in some light. Wheels are apex ec7 which ar similar design to the ones you are looking at from the factory. Hope this helps visualize. IMO black wheels are dumb. But opinions are like Camaros...every a...hole has one.
S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium 20230210_132046
S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium 20220430_122437

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
I'm supposed to get with the dealer later today to put my order in on a 2024 GT Premium Convertible with 401A upgrade

I'm looking to get Shadow Black for sure. I really think black works for convertibles.

The only thing I'm struggling with are the wheel options. This is especially difficult since it's so difficult if not impossible to see real world images of what these things actually look like on the car.

I am not getting the performance package. My current vehicle is a Grand Cherokee SRT with the "spider monkey" wheels. I absolutely HATE cleaning those things so I know for sure I want to go with a simpler spoke pattern this time around.

That leaves me to the ones that aren't crossed out below. Basically the black painted (requires nite pony package), the bronze painted (requires bronze package), the standard Shadow Silver Painted, or the Polished Aluminum 5-spoke (stand alone upgrade)

I have reservations about each. The bronze LOOKS really good from what I've seen, but I wonder if that's more of a trendy color choice and may look dated in a couple years. The black seems like a good option, but is it just TOO much black along with the blacked out badging? The shadow silver seem ok but there are one or two pics on the internet that haven't looked all that great. Lastly the polished aluminum has not been seen in the wild. No idea how this would look on the car.

What do you guys think? For those that didn't order the PP what did you go with and why? Is the all black look a little too much? Would the standard silver look good on a black car or are they too bright? In terms of the spoke pattern I prefer the black or bronze. But not sure about the color. Thanks.

GOktTo1.png
Iā€™d pick top right, which comes with the Nite Pony package, if Iā€™m not mistaken. Though if youā€™re picky with your wheels, like myself, Iā€™d look into aftermarket wheels that are the same size as stock, unless youā€™re planning on new tires too. (Theyā€™re likely to be the same size as S550, but wait until the car has been released before buying any wheels, something couldā€™ve changed. Especially with the big brakes)

I know for me personally, Iā€™m hoping to grab some of these for my car. Probably not until I burn through the factory tires, though

S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium 3D8185D8-14BC-49C5-BC43-57C4A74C9540

Some official American Muscle Torq Thrusts in black! My 65 is gonna get some old, official ones, so i gotta get some new black ones for my 2024 to match

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™d pick top right, which comes with the Nite Pony package, if Iā€™m not mistaken. Though if youā€™re picky with your wheels, like myself, Iā€™d look into aftermarket wheels that are the same size as stock, unless youā€™re planning on new tires too. (Theyā€™re likely to be the same size as S550, but wait until the car has been released before buying any wheels, something couldā€™ve changed. Especially with the big brakes)

I know for me personally, Iā€™m hoping to grab some of these for my car. Probably not until I burn through the factory tires, though

3D8185D8-14BC-49C5-BC43-57C4A74C9540.jpeg

Some official American Muscle Torq Thrusts in black! My 65 is gonna get some old, official ones, so i gotta get some new black ones for my 2024 to match
You guys have certainly convinced me that looking at after-market wheels makes a lot of sense. If I'm not happy with the stock I can alway swap them out, and I don't have to spend the money on Ford's optional wheels up front.

The wheels you have pictured look really good. I like black wheels but not ALL black. Good choice

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If this is a fad itā€™s one I hope is around a long, long time. I love bronze.

S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium E1740BE8-518C-4DBD-8AAA-17BBFFDC7F2B

On second thought, how about classic?

S650 Mustang Torn on what wheels to order on my GT Premium 1680191240690

MarkS650GT10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
I vote for the standard wheel with the checkmark by it, looks good and then will get normal badging also , not be all black
Sponsored