• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Top Speed

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

junqdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Mustang GT 5.0 10 speed
New to forums are you? "Mexico" is the term used when you are in the middle of nowhere (ie semi safe) and don't want to incriminate yourself for admitting to high speed acts (in the USA)
Well Sir : Been on here several years and never once saw THE TERM "MEXICO" and it's definition meant deserted open road . But of course I don't read every word folks tend to post . I saw the word MEXICO and made a comment is all I did . By the way ,Where in Maryland do you find a "MEXICO ROAD to open up on that's not a race track ? The County I live in is almost the size of your whole State .But as long as we enjoy our Mustangs ,is all that matters . Agreed ? But thanks for the MEXICO EDUCATION ... I still advise not to go to Mexico {THE REAL ONE } and speed . Have a great day ..junqdawg

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
There are many, many 3+ mile long straight roads in Maryland. Just not close to DC. At my last job, I would hit 150++ every morning (6AM) on the way to work. No cars visible in either direction for miles.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Well Sir : Been on here several years and never once saw THE TERM "MEXICO" and it's definition meant deserted open road . But of course I don't read every word folks tend to post . I saw the word MEXICO and made a comment is all I did . By the way ,Where in Maryland do you find a "MEXICO ROAD to open up on that's not a race track ? The County I live in is almost the size of your whole State .But as long as we enjoy our Mustangs ,is all that matters . Agreed ? But thanks for the MEXICO EDUCATION ... I still advise not to go to Mexico {THE REAL ONE } and speed . Have a great day ..junqdawg
I first heard it watching some YouTube vidoes, right after I joined up and bought my DH.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
There are many, many 3+ mile long straight roads in Maryland. Just not close to DC. At my last job, I would hit 150++ every morning (6AM) on the way to work. No cars visible in either direction for miles.
Although it is more fun when they are visible but stuck over ‘there’ and by time anyone gets around that jersey wall i’m already gone since i’ve got a full tank of gettin. Done got my get going and got gone. Bfe ftw

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
My current car, one I hope to sell in the next few weeks, is a BMW 440 convertible. Back in 2017 when I bought it BMW still had a program for US buyers to take delivery in Germany, drive around a few days or weeks, and then let them ship to your US dealer. My build date was a few weeks before a planned business trip elsewhere I Europe so I flew to Munich a few days early and toured Southern Germany.

On a trip to the Porsche Museum I found myself on a stretch of Autobahn with unlimited speed. Like a 2024 GT, it is limited to 155if you pick the right tire option and I managed to get to about 149 before ...well, before I got scared.

I can't imagine ever seeing really high speeds here in the US but maybe there are places I don't know of where its possible or even legal?. Of course we'll should obey all traffic laws,, but it's a bit sad knowing it's there and I'll never get anywhere near it. I think some stretches of Texas are 85...but Michigan drivers do that all day long where the limit is 70.

LOL! I'm in Gratiot County. 2008; Secret country road; nice flat straight super slab with very few driveways/dwellings on it. 176MPH on my ZX14

S650 Mustang Top Speed ycNOcJ3l

[for about a half second 😱].

My Bud had a turbo Hayabusa (dynoed @ 478 HP on race gas). A friendly county Sheriff's Deputy radared him on the same stretch of road at 202 MPH! Afterwards he said the "Busa had more but he didn't! :crackup:

Roger that!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL! I'm in Gratiot County. 2008; Secret country road; nice flat straight super slab with very few driveways/dwellings on it. 176MPH on my ZX14

ycNOcJ3l.jpg

[for about a half second 😱].

My Bud had a turbo Hayabusa (dynoed @ 478 HP on race gas). A friendly county Sheriff's Deputy radared him on the same stretch of road at 202 MPH! Afterwards he said the "Busa had more but he didn't! :crackup:

Roger that!
My last motorcycle (the one I was hit on when I lost my leg) was a 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 - essentially the same thing as the ZX14, but with slightly different ergos and luggage/screen (for SPORT touring), a few different internals, and a different tune, again, focused on ST.

Sure do miss that bike ... and my leg. LOL.

S650 Mustang Top Speed 1715262584660-m9

S650 Mustang Top Speed 1715262692347-9i

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Hey! @roadpilot; we inadvertently put the thread back on point! "Our bad!" :crackup:

Thought there might be some entertaining "casual 🔫 " for a minute there.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)