• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Convertible top

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
I’m on my way to get my memory seat checked out at that Ford dealership, I don’t have a lot of faith in them, knowing what they’re doing Because this is all new to them as well, and I don’t want them messing with a lot of stuff they don’t know what’s going on. But I want to find out also on the convertible top ASAP as I am about to leave to go up there, when I put the top down the windows, come down, when I put the top up, none of them come up is that right or are they supposed to come up? If someone with a 2024 mustang convertible, can get back to me on that in the next 15 minutes that would be awesome. One less thing for them to mess with
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m on my way to get my memory seat checked out at that Ford dealership, I don’t have a lot of faith in them, knowing what they’re doing Because this is all new to them as well, and I don’t want them messing with a lot of stuff they don’t know what’s going on. But I want to find out also on the convertible top ASAP as I am about to leave to go up there, when I put the top down the windows, come down, when I put the top up, none of them come up is that right or are they supposed to come up? If someone with a 2024 mustang convertible, can get back to me on that in the next 15 minutes that would be awesome. One less thing for them to mess with
Ok, so just for the ones that have convertibles or are getting convertibles, the windows go down when the top goes down, but, they DO NOT come up when the top comes up! It’s a safety feature

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Ok, so just for the ones that have convertibles or are getting convertibles, the windows go down when the top goes down, but, they DO NOT come up when the top comes up! It’s a safety feature
Just saw the post or would have responded sooner but that has been my experience as well.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just saw the post or would have responded sooner but that has been my experience as well.
So, when you have to roll the windows up after you put top back up, , does the bottom button on the door for windows, when you click it,just put back two windows up or all of them. Mine only puts back ones up

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
So, when you have to roll the windows up after you put top back up, , does the bottom button on the door for windows, when you click it,just put back two windows up or all of them. Mine only puts back ones up
I didn't know you could one touch click it to make the small rear windows go back up. I've always just held the button and both windows would come back up at the same time. I'll try it out next time I go for a ride and put the top down and back up. Weather looks good for it tomorrow so far.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't know you could one touch click it to make the small rear windows go back up. I've always just held the button and both windows would come back up at the same time. I'll try it out next time I go for a ride and put the top down and back up. Weather looks good for it tomorrow so far.
I found in the manual, the single window button is ONLY for back windows. Slowly but surely I am learning a little bit more about this car 🤣

ItsRoyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 mustang
Did you guys gets the inserts for when the convertible top is down? Someone else said it was in the trunk but mine didnt come with them so I reached out to my dealer to check on it.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys gets the inserts for when the convertible top is down? Someone else said it was in the trunk but mine didnt come with them so I reached out to my dealer to check on it.
Yes, mine were in the boot, but others have said they didn’t get theirs either

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
The side covers do not come with the S650s. The S550's DO FIT. I have an extra set that came off of coworkers S550. The pictures are of them installed on my S650. Asking $80, free shipping.

S650 Mustang Convertible top img_9343-

S650 Mustang Convertible top img_9344-

S650 Mustang Convertible top img_9346-

S650 Mustang Convertible top img_9347-

Hoofprint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Convertible

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Sorry I'm late to the party here, I just noticed this thread. 🤓

1) The windows are NOT suppose to come back up after you put the top up. It is a safety feature. All S550s verts are the same way. Use the window switches to roll them up.

2) Typically the toneau caps to cover the holes when top is down/protect convertible mechanisms do not come with the car. Most of the time you needed to have the dealer order them for you for the car and then they usually place them in the trunk. It is considered an accessory. Your dealer may have them in the trunk waiting for you at delivery if they are good though. 👍 Please note that the toneau caps are the same as the S550 generation.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
They do not come with the S-650. The S-550 inserts work. Had my dealer order in a set.
Sponsored