• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Congratulations. You are one of the very few people who actually dislikes the DH from its looks. :D
Something about the DH looks like it was developed in 1/4 the time of the rest of the lineup. Like it’s incomplete and scrapped together.

imo
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Congratulations. You are one of the very few people who actually dislikes the DH from its looks. :D
not really. Most of teh interwebz is split.

I really appreciate the performance upgrades, though I feel those features should just be In the GT. Who knows… maybe they were until someone had the bright idea to lessen the GT, add another car and charge more for it. That would explain what appears to be a rushed aesthetic job on the DH per Oppolocks observation.

I also applaud the effort that went into the exterior. Unfortunately, it just didn’t pan out. The poly bit under the headlights is atrocious as is the lower fascia bits thst just look tacked on. And the overall look of the front splitter and rockers looks like the dark horse is a Mustang smooshed onto a skateboard or old sneaker. Then there is the aftermarket RTR grille. Nobody wants their mustang to have a pig face with nostrils like that. Nasty.

thr new color is cool and the badge is decent. But the aesthetics of the form is lacking. The GT looks far better. The dark horse looks older compared to GT and like it was taken to pep boys and mutilated with their catalog.

If you like it, great. I just think Ford could have done FAR better.

Look at the last gen gt350. That was a real design effort. This is an experiment. And as I said, it will likely get better in an upcoming revision. Until then, I’ll be waiting for the Boss, Cobra or Shelby models.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
omg i just found out the s650 is at the miami autoshow not far from where i live, totally going to see it today

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Look at the last gen gt350. That was a real design effort. This is an experiment. And as I said, it will likely get better in an upcoming revision. Until then, I’ll be waiting for the Boss, Cobra or Shelby models.
i think that's what gets me. if they just added unique fenders and/or a unique hood (and not just some vinyl), or even some more unique rear bumper treatment, i wouldn't feel like it's half baked. slightly why i'm not so crazy about the mach 1... it feels too similar to a GT, but at least i don't feel like i prefer anything on the gt compared to it

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Y’all best bet Ill be taking 5000 photos and videos with this 14 pro (only upgraded bc my 11 pro was dead in the water hehe)
"Look at me, I have the new iPhone 14" haha, just kidding. Have fun and looking forward to the pictures.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
not really. Most of teh interwebz is split.

I really appreciate the performance upgrades, though I feel those features should just be In the GT. Who knows… maybe they were until someone had the bright idea to lessen the GT, add another car and charge more for it. That would explain what appears to be a rushed aesthetic job on the DH per Oppolocks observation.

I also applaud the effort that went into the exterior. Unfortunately, it just didn’t pan out. The poly bit under the headlights is atrocious as is the lower fascia bits thst just look tacked on. And the overall look of the front splitter and rockers looks like the dark horse is a Mustang smooshed onto a skateboard or old sneaker. Then there is the aftermarket RTR grille. Nobody wants their mustang to have a pig face with nostrils like that. Nasty.

thr new color is cool and the badge is decent. But the aesthetics of the form is lacking. The GT looks far better. The dark horse looks older compared to GT and like it was taken to pep boys and mutilated with their catalog.

If you like it, great. I just think Ford could have done FAR better.

At some points I am with you. I like the front, but they could have added more to that "plastic" part beneath the headlights. That is something I don't get. I would probably turn it into glossy black after market.

The hood vent/air intake (or whatever you call that thing) could have been different to the GT, maybe each one side on a vertical axes, like the Aston Martin Vanquish to give it a more unique look.

Since the European model will not have the handling package, those big ass splitter will not be available.
Sponsored